Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rakesh Neve
Submit a review for Dr. Rakesh NeveYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of prostate enlargement and what are the steps to take to overcome it, if I have it?
Hi I had total thyroidectomy due to Thyroid cancer Parathyroids were preserved, RAI is done it's been only 2 months. Currently taking Eltroxin 200 mcg, and calcium supplement along with vitamin3 of 2000 mg. I am looking for a good antioxidant supplement which has vitamin C as well. Please suggest a good antioxidant supplement (capsule form) which can be used on daily basis for rest of life. Please suggest.
Hiii my name is raj n I'm 24 years old. For d past 4 years I'm smoking but let me tell you one thing that I'm not an addict. I'm smoking gold flake lights which I changed a year ago n before my brand was classic mild. I just wanna know whether I'll get d hardcore disease like cancer n etc. Currently my health is superb bt we can't predict d future so doctor please help me wid my serious issue n give a nice therapy to quit smoking.
My grand mother was died of colon cancer recently. At the age of 60 cancer was diagnosed. My grandmother's mother hadn't suffered from cancer. And my grandmother was very active upto her 50's. Later she suffered from constipation for 1 month. And had a swelling near urinary tract. It was removed by doctors. After few month we again had a scanning to her. Later reports showed that she had colon cancer and it was in final stage. This makes me thinks that my grandmother cancer was not hereditary. My question was in such case is there chance of having cancer to my mother. She was a second child. First child was a boy. And tell me the symptoms of cancer in initial stage.
How can we know that if that person is suffering from cancer. please provide some symptoms. As he is suffering from sugar already.
Cancer is one of the worst diseases, which kills millions of people across the world. While there is a wide range of treatment options available, the best way to deal with it is to ensure a good diet along with a healthy lifestyle. Here is a list of cancer-fighting food products, which can immensely help to prevent cancer.
- Green vegetables: Leafy green vegetables have multiple health benefits. They are not only rich in minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants, but also have very low content of calories, toxins, and sodium. Being antiviral and antibacterial in nature, green vegetables can successfully inactivate carcinogens, halt metastasis and pause the formation of a tumour. Certain vegetables contain isothiocyanates that can detox the cells. Some of the vegetables that are mighty effective in countering cancer cells include kale, romaine, watercress, nutritious, spinach, collard greens etc.
- Berries: Berries are one of the best antioxidants among all food items, owing to their high ORAC score. Their antiviral and anti-fungal nature of berries is extremely healthy for the body. Moreover, abundant supply of vitamin A and C makes berries a perfect agent for increasing body immunity. Free radicals are one of the top reasons for metastasis. The proanthocyanidin content of berries helps the body to get a hang of free radicals, thereby decreasing the chances of cancer cells to grow rapidly. They can be consumed daily with any meals.
- Spices and herbs: There are a lot of herbs and spices, which boost the immune system and prevents cancer cells to grow further. Turmeric, for instance, is scientifically proved to be a great agent for reducing tumor size and effectively countering breast cancer and colon cancer. Some of the other herbs and spices include black pepper, ginger, raw garlic, parsley, oregano, and basil. They can be consumed daily in the form of juice or along with regular meals.
- Organic meat: Many scientists are of the view that organic meat does wonder in a cancer diet. Liver of beef and chicken has high B12 content and helps to remove harmful toxins from the digestive tract and liver. They can balance hormone, digest fat and counter the side effects of triglycerides, drugs, and obesity. This can be included in the diet every alternate day.
- Seeds and nuts: Flax seeds and chia seeds are few nutrient-power packed foods in the world. They should be included in the diet due to high fiber, mineral, and fatty acid content. Some other healthy seeds that can pay rich dividends in fighting cancer include walnut, sprouted bean, sunflower seeds etc. Nuts and seeds with all their nutritional qualities can successfully stop metastasis, reduce tumor size and increase immunity in the body, if consumed daily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.