Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Rajendra KulkarniYour feedback matters!
My eye no. Is increasing day by day and it's not stopping what should I do to stable my eye no. Please suggest me some of your tips as soon as possible.
Hi sir/mam if we do lasik surgery means how about nearest object like phone or some letters are look like perfectly or not because when we wear specs or contact lens for short site nearest object slightly blurred when we remove it looks like perfect could you guys please tell me about this?
I have some kind of butt pain from last 5 days. On the first day, the pain was intense and I could not get out from my bed. Although the pain decreased, I couldn't walk after a certain distance. I'm limping from last 5 days. Sometimes I will experience a sudden pain and at other times when I walk a little far, the pain happens throughout my leg which compels me to sit down. Yesterday, I slept on the affected side of the hips and the pain increased and now I'm experiencing continuous pain. I should tell that I experienced a nasty jump in the bike because the tyres were not having enough air. What can be the reason for such pain?
Hi doctor. I am suffering from filamentary keratitis in right eye, doctor did a small scrapping in my eye. Can you suggest how long it will take to be cured . .and am I going through the correct treatment or should I go for second opinion? Thanks.
I have red eyes for four days so what I will do? please give me answer please please please reply fast.
Mujhe electronic devices din bhar use karna padta hai Ankho me halka bhenga pan aa raha hai kya kare.
I m 20 years old boy and I have a serious problem with my left eye. I can't see with it because I have an accident when I m 3or 4 years old then after till now I can't see with my eye. I don't know what is infected with my eye.
Any one here who help me my eye sight is low is like near -5.5 both eye is anyone here who tell me which sight correction is good for example lasik laser prk or any other and explain me the all procedure which have no side effects.
This Question is health issue of my fiance. We are going to marry soon. She is suffering from Uveitis in her eyes. She is undergoing treatment for the same. Doctor is saying it is a recurring disease. Is it ? She is undergoing steroids treatment. Earlier she used to take pills for the same and now eye drops of steroids. Still she is not reverong from the same. I am very much worried about her and our marriage also. There are many side effects of steroids which she is taking as medicines. Should I go ahed and marry her ? If I marry her, can we plan a baby ? What are the risks involved in pregnancy with Uveitis. Will our baby will eye problem too ? Can this disease will pass on from mother to a baby. Can we plan a baby in this Uveitis treatment. I am in very much stressed and worried about all this and my future. please guide me.
Hello, I am myopic having -5.75 no. In both eyes. The problem i am facing is that after studying for 3-4 hours i get a headache and the distant objects become blur. Pls suggest me what to do as i am preparing for civil services and have to study for 10 hours a day.
Sir I have myopia, Short sight -2, I am worn glass. But iam not to interest to wear glass. Please any medicine to cure this problem or natural ways is there? Give me suggestion. Ayurvedic, homeopathic etc method.
Dr, I am suffering from eye problems I feel like my eyes are drying and I do have specs number 3.0 and 3.25 and I wear specs daily still I suffer from this problem. Kindly Please do help me.
My eyes are so much stressed because of using Mobiles and laptop sir. So is there any other alternative to reduce my eye pain or any medicine.
How can I improve my eyesight. As I am daily using computer for at least 6 hours, my eyes has pain also.
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.