Doctor in Pawana Hospital
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Pawana HospitalYour feedback matters!
I am having eye related problems. My eye is weak when I drive vehicles like bike or cycle water flows out from my eyes even when I talk to anyone, same happened many times to me please help me.
1. what is LASIK surgery
Ans: in simple terms, LASIK surgery involves reshaping of your cornea (the front glass like covering of the eye) using a highly precise laser called EXCIMER LASER
2. What is bladeless LASIK SURGERY?
Ans. With the introduction of Femtosecond LASER it is now possible to perform LASIK treatment entirely without using a mechanical device which requires a microfine blade (microkeratome); In other words, laser replaces the blade giving it an extra edge in safety and precision
3. Am I fit for LASIK SURGERY?
Ans. Eye surgeons would first perform clinic assessment of your eyes and would do a test called Topography which would enable a surgeon to decide whether you are fit for LASIK surgery or not.
Around 10% of patients are labeled unfit for LASIK surgery. That s why it is mandatory to undergo proper pre-LASIK checkup with your LASIK surgeon
4. Can I get spectacle independence even if I am not fit for LASIK surgery?
Ans. Yes, there are special lenses that can be implanted inside your eyes safely and permanently to give you spectacle independence.
5. What is the recovery time after LASIK surgery
Ans. LASIK surgery itself is a painless surgery which gets over in less than 5 minutes. The patient can get back to routine activities right from the next day of surgery.
6. what are the side effects of LASIK surgery?
Ans. The common side effects of LASIK surgery are dryness of eyes which is transient and recovers within a few months. Other common side effects are minimal glare and haloes which are very less in customized LASIK surgery and usually subsides on its own
Fact: Cataract doesn’t have to be matured for planning cataract surgery. In fact, waiting for it to get mature, are associated with increased risk of complications. One should get cataract surgery when cataract causes a visual disturbance which affects your day to day activities.
How and where to see a filarial dance sign? I had post filarial infection 1yer back treated with dec. Now little pain in testis continues still. My doctor told don't think about that. Even I have a doubt still I have a filarial worm with me or it gone. So please tell me one good filaria specialist in tamilnadu region. Sonogram doctor also told nothing always from beginning. Not giving spl attention. Guide me.
Hello I have noticed tiny red specks in my stool (sometimes they are black specks but not much). I am 21 almost 22 weeks pregnant. This started after changing my prenatal though not sure if it is the cause. My prenatal is vegan and also has ingredients to help bowel movements, so I am not sure if that is it. I also believe I might have a hemorrhoid. I was wondering what could be causing this? Can this come from the seeds of jam (strawberry or raspberry jam seeds?). Thank you for your time!
There are many reasons why we are required to wear glasses or contact lenses including poor vision, far sightedness, inward eyelids and a variety of other conditions. These contact lenses have to cleaned, worn and stored properly so as to avoid complications in the eyes. Contact lens discomfort includes symptoms like redness, puffiness, swelling, itching, watering and burning of the eyes along with cloudy vision and pain.
- Cleanliness: The first thing to do when you face even a slight discomfort is to check your lenses properly. You will have to ensure that you clean your contact lenses before and after use, especially if they are not the disposable kind. Yet, any discomfort can point at the fact that there may be some contaminants and infectants lurking around on the surface. Ensure that you clean the lenses again and then wear them. You must make sure that your hands are clean when you are handling them and that you are not using a lint ridden towel to dry them off as this lint can easily get onto the surface of the lenses and cause severe itching, irritation and burning.
- Make Up: Have you used your make up before wearing your contact lenses? Then chances are that you have transferred some of that makeup onto the lenses while wearing them. This makeup can get trapped in the lenses and cause severe discomfort. So, remember to apply your makeup only after you have worn your lenses, and remove the makeup only after you have removed the lenses so that you avoid any discomfort.
- Type of Contact Lenses: Prolonged discomfort and pain may point at the fact that your contact lenses are less than ideal for you. You may want to book an appointment with your ophthalmologist in order to check the lens fit and size as well as the material of the lens, as unbeknownst to us, we may be allergic to certain material. Find out whether you need a hard or a soft material or if the soft disposable lenses have some elements that are not suiting your eyes and skin.
- Environmental Factors: You may also want to check with your doctor about conditions like humidity and heat as well as harsh winters and rain in case your contact lenses are causing problems for you. The doctor may be able to change the contact lenses as per the weather conditions so that you are more comfortable.
Tear film stability and dryness of the eye should also be checked before wearing a certain type of contact lens.
Hi Doctors, I need your support to adjust my medicine, last two weeks ago I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism issues and treatment is started with neomercazol 5 mg and metolar xr 50 mg, but now I am having issues in my eyes like blurred vision and heavy eyes. Kindly suggest me what is further needed to get cure this, I am currently in Bangalore as I am getting treatment from dmc ludhiana. Please help me on it.
I am 13 years old I should loss my weight and I have sight what should I eat to loss my weight and sight.
Myopia is also known by the name of nearsightedness. It is one of the most common refractive disorders of the eye. Over the years, it has become more prevalent. According to a recent study conducted by the National Eye Institute (NEI), myopia has grown more prevalent from 25 percent in 1972 to around 40% percent in 2004 in United States.
The exact cause of the prevalence of this disorder in USA is not known. However, many doctors are of the opinion that eye fatigue due to overuse of computers can be the primary reason behind the spread of this disorder. It could also be affected by genetical links.
Myopia Symptoms And Signs:
It is time to take care of your eyes if you have difficulty in reading the sign boards on road or seeing objects from a distance. This could be a sign for myopia if you are able to see things clearly from a closer distance. There are several symptoms of myopia, including strain on eyes, headaches and squinting. If these signs don’t vanish after wearing lenses or spectacles, you must visit your ophthalmologist.
It occurs at a time when the eyeball of the patient is too long. The lens of the patient will be too long as compared to the focusing power of the cornea or the eye lens. This condition leads to the focusing of light rays at a point in front of the retina. The rays don’t focus directly on the retina’s surface. Myopia can also be caused if the lens of the eye is too curved. Myopia can also be caused due to a combination of factors. The problem may start from childhood. You are also at the risk of developing the problem if your parents have had the problem.
Myopia is not a rare disorder of the eye. People living with myopia have several options of its treatment. It can be rectified or corrected with the help of spectacles and contact lenses. It can also be corrected by refractive surgery. The kind of treatment to be chosen depends upon the degree of your myopia. You will be asked to wear lenses or spectacles for a prescribed amount of time, depending upon the degree of your disorder.
Newer drops like low strength atropine have been shown to thwart the progression of myopia. In very high myopia implantable contact lens also is an option. Retina examination of myopic patients is recommended once a year. For laser procedure of number reduction please contact eye care.
If you are suffering from myopia, the doctor will prescribe you to wear spectacles or lenses of a certain power that will be preceded by a minus (-) sign.