Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. R.B. GulatiYour feedback matters!
I am, suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
My question is what is a exercises for my left side blunting chest effusion what I can prevent of food what can I do to save my life what to do .i found left side lower chest blunt with effusions. I have consulted my doctor he recommend tb and he suggested a medicine of tb kit for long time medicine but he was not sure he said that its my opinion to take this my medicine l I ask you that I will take medicine or not pls help. What can I do.
I am 37years old and my daily run is 100 k. M. By bike and now I am suffering from B. P. And back pain hence which health supplement is better for my health?
I started smoking three years ago and smoked daily 3-4 cigarette from January 2016 I quit smoking. After that I felt several headache issue but now it is normal but sometimes I feel chest pain do I have to worry ? Reply soon if there is any recommendations Thank you.
My blood pressure is 60/100. Is it normal? What are the diets that will be helpful to bring it to normal.
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.