Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.B. Gulati
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. R.B. GulatiYour feedback matters!
I am 38 year old male. I am suffering unreasonable illness from last 2 days. My cholesterol level is 120 and triglyceride is240. Pls suggest a reason.
What is supplements of good heath? And what is the temperature of human being body? Where is the human heart?
I'm taking memantine 10 mg I feel drowsiness and too much sweat and tired fast heartbeat. And too much hunger what shall I do. Should I stop it or reduce the dose.
Hi, On February 2, 2018 I've undergone a lab test and result came as follows - Total Cholesterol 228 mgm% & Serum Triglyceride 190 mgm%. What home made measures can be adopted to reduce the same levels.
Hi 17 days before I had fissure and hemmoride surgery. My blood pressure is 100/150. Normally it is 90/130. After the bleeding at bowel movement or pain it increases again to 100/150. Is it normal to have High blood pressure after hemorrhoids surgery. And some time I start to faint out. I can't see for a fraction of second it's like having a flash light in front of eye. Need some guidance.
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high and bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.