Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pritesh. V. Lohar
Submit a review for Dr. Pritesh. V. LoharYour feedback matters!
Am I possibly pregnant I had a depo shot and and two weeks later I had sex and I didn't get my period I took two pregnancy test both came out negative and I don't think they're right my body feels different I get heat flashes in my nipples, I got my period and I had cramps for three days but they were coming and fading away on the third day and I had a blood clot that had white in it so I don't know my boobs are also tender.
She had pain in Breast before two days and her mom say ware bra then it will gone. She did it she lost her pain. Why she got pain give the answer please ?
What are the tests for lung cancer detection, what are the costs of lung cancer detection. I'm looking for moderate costs which does not depend on brand of the hospital.
I want to know that blood cancer treatment/medicine is found or not? because nowadays in social networking sites a message is forwarding that in pune" blood cancer" medicine found.
I am 62 years old. I've prostrate problem. Earlier I was advised by a local Doctor to take Afdura tablets for Six months. I took it for one year. The present PSA test value is 1.44. Which is normal. But My libido level was almost nil during last one year. So, on another Dr. advised I stopped taking medicine. And as a result I could begin my sexual life. My question is whether to restart the medicine? Presently l feel weak flow of urine otherwise there is no problem. Please advise.
I am 30 yrs old female having 7 yrs old one daughter. I have small small painful cyst in my left breast .Is it cancer?
I am suffering from BPH and am now on Hytrin 1 mg tablet. One per day. I am interested to know if there is an effective drug in homeopathy for this. Can you please prescribe? How long it will take to get considerable relief from the drug?
Sildenafil (Viagra), whose function is to inhibit a substance called Phosphodiestarase-5 or PDE5 - was initially used only for the treatment of angina pectoris (a cardiovascular problem) and pulmonary hypertension. Incidentally, it was discovered that it could help the issue of erectile dysfunction too, and thus became hugely popular in the late 1990s. The little blue pill, as it was called, ruled more than 50% of the sexual dysfunction market for more than 15 years. However, as its popularity and usage increased, so did the scientific information about this drug, and now there is an increased speculation that it could be contributing to skin cancer, specifically melanoma. This is considered as one of the most dangerous forms of skin cancer and so the safety of Viagra sildenafil came into question.
Research has shown that users of Viagra sildenafil are at a higher risk for developing melanoma. There are reports stating that about 45 million men are at an increased risk of developing melanoma due to associated Viagra sildenafil use. The risk of developing melanoma was found to increase in men using ED drugs by 21%. Though there is no conclusive proof as yet that sildenafil is the cause, research is increasingly pointing out its role in melanoma. For example, PDE5 inhibitors (sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil) are known to promote melanin synthesis, which may exacerbate melanoma development.
The analysis of biochemical pathways of this correlation suggests that Viagra sildenafil triggers a special biochemical action involving the growth-stimulating cGMP (cyclic guanosine monophosphate (an intracellular signaling molecule) which in turn promotes the growth of malignant melanoma. In normal cases, the enzyme phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) regulates the cGMP preventing any adverse cellular activity. Sildenafil inhibits the production of this enzyme, and potentiates a specific cGMP-related biochemical mechanism (called cGMP-cGKI pathway) , and thereby contributes to malignant melanoma. This has been proven to happen in mice and is yet to be proven in humans.
However, there are also reports which suggest that this does not happen due to Viagra sildenafil per se, but due to greater exposure to sun, which even otherwise increases the chances of skin cancer in general, and melanoma in particular. The countering theories also say that the population in which skin cancer was detected, comprised mostly of high income individuals who spent a significant amount of time holidaying on beaches and are not connected to the extensive use of Viagra per se.
Therefore, though there is a correlation that has been established, there is no definite proof that Viagra sildenafil causes skin cancer. It is however, advisable to use ED drugs after medical consultation. If a patient has a genetic predisposition to develop melanoma, it is advisable to seek medical advice before the use of ED drugs. Occasional use should not be harmful. Also, when going out in the sun, limiting exposure to direct sun and UV protection should be managed too. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infection. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Breast cancer begins when the cells that are present in the breast start to go out of control. These cells generally form a tumor which can be seen on mammogram or one can feel it as a lump. The tumor is threatening if the cells can grow into the tissues that surround it or spread to other areas of the body. Breast cancer happens mostly in ladies. Here are a few methods with which you can prevent breast cancer-
- Keep your weight in check: Maintaining a healthy weight is important for everyone although, it is easy to tune it out since it is said so often. Being overweight can expand the danger of a wide range of cancers, including breast cancer, particularly after menopause.
- Be physically active: Women who are physically active for almost or at least 30 minutes a day have a lower danger of breast cancer. Normal activity is additionally one of the ideal approaches to keep weight under control.
- Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables and Avoid Too Much Alcohol: A balanced and healthy diet can bring down the danger of breast cancer. Attempt to eat a considerable measure of fruits and vegetables and keep liquor at moderate levels or lower. While moderate drinking can be useful for the heart in most grown-ups, even low levels of intake can build the danger of breast cancer. If you do not drink, don't feel you have to begin. In case you drink modestly, there is less risk.
- Try not to Smoke: Smokers and non-smokers alike know how undesirable smoking is. It brings down a person’s quality of life and expands the danger of heart and lung diseases, stroke, and no less than 15 types of cancer, including breast cancer. It additionally causes bad breath, awful teeth, and wrinkles.
- Breastfeed, If Possible: Breastfeeding for almost one year or more brings down the danger of breast cancer. It additionally has extraordinary medical advantages for the baby as well, especially in terms of immunity.
- Keep away from Birth Control Pills: Contraceptive pills have both dangers and advantages. In many cases, the more young a lady is, the lower the danger is. While ladies are taking birth control pills, they have more chances of falling prey to breast cancer as per various medical studies. This danger leaves rapidly in the wake of stopping the pill. The danger of stroke and heart attack is increased while on the pill, especially if the woman smokes. Long term use can likewise have essential advantages, such as bringing down the danger of ovarian cancer, colon tumor and uterine cancer and undesirable pregnancy. In case you are exceptionally worried about breast cancer, staying away from birth control pills is also an alternative to lower the risk. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist and ask a free question.