Lybrate.com has top trusted Nuclear Medicine Physicians from across India. You will find Nuclear Medicine Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nuclear Medicine Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen LohoteYour feedback matters!
I have suffering from thyroid since childhood. Whenever I am eating or drinking cold things then I am starting Coughing and cold. Please let me know what to do?
Person suffering from thyroid has low WBC count and a local doctor has prescribed some medication n which are kyopod -l, pantorix-d, zyncin500 and kyomol 650 as pain killer and fever relief. So I want to know if medication proper enough and what food intake patient has to take to increase the WBC or additional medication is needed. As per the blood report typhi o antigen is 1: 320 and typhi h antigen is 1: 160. So please suggest if any thing additionally has to be done as the body pain is not decreasing and the medication proper.
I am 47 years male and having sugar last 7 years with thyroid problem. And feel tired and bodyache and left leg pain below knee. Please advice what would be my diet and some healthy medicine.?
What are effect of hypothyroidism during pregnancy? even when she is continuously on thyroid medicine.
What to do when there is cough and cold in your body? What are the symptoms of cancer? How to treat it? How to keep our body healthy and fit? What should be done when a person suffer from cancer? How to increase our fairness?
I am 28 years old female and am suffering from Thyroid (normal level of thyroid should be between 0.25 mg-5.50mg, but mine is 8.50mg. Can you please me the foods to be avoided and foods to be taken. I mean the diet.
My weight at present is 94 kg. There is no thyroid problem nor any diabetic conditions. I want to lose weight, we are also planning for baby. My height is 5'4.pls suggest diet plan n exercises to lose weight gradually. I am also on multivitamin tab as prescribed by my gynae.
Hairfall. Getting my hairs thiner than thin day by day thyroid is on boundary after getting test or it more than normal point at. 1 rate or. 3. Not taking any medicines of thyroid.
I have already checked thyroid. I don't have thyroid. But if I take journey for long or sit for sometimes my legs will be weight and it will be some kind of swelling. My weight may be 65 to 70. My height is 5.2 feet. I have headache in my right side of the brain. It comes very saviour. In my face I have marks also. There are pimples marks.
I gained weight on pregnancy and cesarean, now my last child is 5 years old But still I do not loose weight. I am 4.10 feet weight 57 kg. I take Sarpagandha Vati once in the morning for BP. I do not feel hungry frequently I take food after a gap of 4 hours and can not even eat more than a half plate however yet I'm gaining weight inspite of doing alternate days workout for half hour and wow Green Coffee beans yet not effective I even tried No fat capsules .I sometimes feels heavy and tired. thyroid TSH 0.6 taking Kelp when it was 5.11 previously. Please help me what is the problem of gaining weight in spite of not over eating nor large quantity. And why is so hard to burn my fats.
My wife has been suffering from leg swelling and vertigo for past few months. We have done blood test for Urea, creatinine, Sugar and TSH. All other things are normal except TSH which shows 4.9 micro IU/ml. How to recover this?
Thyroid is a gland which is located in the neck right beneath the Adam’s apple. The hormone produced by it is called thyroxin and this hormone is responsible for controlling the body’s metabolic rate. This gland works as a thermostat for the human body as it controls other hormones which are responsible for burning and using calories.
How does it affect your life?
- Hypothyroidism, also known as the ‘underactive thyroid disease’, is a disorder which causes the thyroid to secrete insufficient hormone, thus causing the body’s metabolic rate to slow down, and in turn affecting the heart rate and body temperature.
- The people who suffer from hypothyroidism often experience weight gain and sensitivity to cold. Weight gain in case of hypothyroidism occurs despite having a low appetite. This is because the calories consumed are not burnt and used appropriately.
- Fatigue is another major issue associated with hypothyroidism. Individuals suffering from hypothyroidism usually become tired after the first half of the day.
- An underactive thyroid also causes drowsiness and depression. These may initially not seem to be major problems but in the long run, both the quality of life and overall health are usually negatively affected by it.
- Thyroid related issues have become more common nowadays. Research shows that an unhealthy lifestyle is one of the major reasons behind this. Sedentary lifestyle involving little physical movement coupled with consumption of an unbalanced diet has led to surge in the number of such cases.
Doctors prescribe medications in case of hypothyroidism. But apart from medicines, simple modifications in lifestyle can go a long way in addressing this disorder. Research shows that consuming a healthy diet rich in iodine and comprising of sea food and green leafy vegetables, can increase the production of thyroxin in the body. Regular exercises must also be coupled along with following a proper diet. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.