Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasad AgasheYour feedback matters!
It s very effective for skin tan and marks after pimple.
When I eat something rashes are coming out from my skin. When I take allergy tablets then rashes are not coming out for that day. So my question is it food allergy or not?
My sister complains of blood in stools, the blood color is red and comes after passing stool. She has a small piles like swelling, and the motion is not hard. Please help if any diet changes are to be done and any emergency condition.
Hi sir I have dark circle under eyes and my skin going like black I wanna back glow my face and removed all dark circle tell me some home tips.
I get pimples on my face usually during summers! currently I m using klm klin favewash and clyndoxil tube!
I have reoccurring boils. First I. Got it near my waist, next between forearm and upper arm near the joint, now next to my ear lobe. What should I do. It is occurring. From past 2 months.
From birth In my face I have too my milia. I already consulted several doctors they said it I go only by using needle to pick it out. I did it went but it is again coming in my case. Any help.
I am 21 year old male. Since past years I have a lot of pimples, acne and its mark on my face. I've consulted lots of Doctor and medicines, no improvement seen. Please help!
I have a problem on skin that during winter session when I out and sunlight fall on my skin then why screeching start.
Hi. How I remove my dark circles because it's too bad for my face and highlighted also because my skin color is fair so please some suggestions for me.
I am 29 years old female and having burning sensation in anus after passing stool for the past 2 weeks. What should I do?
I have acne problem and when it go away il leaves black spots on face. It is increasing. I tried many acne removal product but none of my use. I have black spots too. What should I do.
I am a teenager I have black pimple marks on my face and also an oily skin which had made my complexion low. So please kindly suggest me some cream and face wash to eradicate acne marks and also to make my complexion fairer.
Black spots have been appearing on my face from the last couple of weeks. How to remove these black spots quickly. Please help me.
I have been having a fungal infection between the right side of my neck and shoulder. It is like the form of a ring and its increasing day by day am using ring guard, and initially it dried bu its getting again. What ointment should I use fir immediate recovery.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is a form of digestive disorder, which affects the lower oesophageal sphincters or the muscle ring present between the stomach and the food pipe. GERD incorporates the return of the contents of the stomach back to the oesophagus or food pipe. The functioning of the lower oesophageal sphincter is disrupted.
Causes: Hiatal hernia is a common cause of GERD. An unhealthy lifestyle and diet may also lead to GERD. Intake of an excess amount of chocolates, fried food, coffee or alcohol triggers the chance of a reflux. GERD also occurs in obese people and pregnant women.
Symptoms: Heartburn, also known as acid indigestion, is the primary symptom of GERD. The affected person may feel a burning chest pain which starts from behind the breastbone and reaches up to the throat. The feeling can be defined as food coming back to the throat with a bitter, acidic taste. The burning sensation may last as long as two hours.
Other symptoms include:
- Excess saliva secretion
- Chronic conditions of sore throat
- Gum inflammation
- Tooth cavities
- Unpleasant breath
In order to diagnose GERD, several tests may be conducted . They are:
- An X-Ray of the upper part of the digestive system.
- Endoscopy to examine the inner part of the oesophagus.
- Ambulatory acid test for monitoring the amount of acid within the oesophagus.
- An oesophageal impedance test to measure substance movement inside the oesophagus.
- A person must make several changes to his daily lifestyle and diet plan for treatment of GERD.
- Food and beverages like chocolates, fatty food, coffee, alcohol and peppermint should be avoided in order to reduce the weakening of the lower oesophageal sphincter. Several food items irritate the damaged oesophageal lining and should also be avoided. They include citrus fruits, tomato and pepper.
- Smoking cigarettes results in weakening of the lower oesophageal sphincter and should be stopped to reduce GERD.
- One should elevate the head of the bed on which he or she sleeps on blocks measuring 6 inches. This reduces the heartburn as gravity minimizes stomach reflux to return to the oesophagus.
- Over the counter medicines can be used to cure GERD. Antacids are a good example and neutralize the acid in the oesophagus and stomach, reducing heartburn. Combining antacids with foaming agents is also effective. A foam barrier is formed over the stomach, preventing the occurrence of acid reflux.
- Medicines for reducing acid in the stomach are prescribed in cases of chronic GERD, which include H2 blockers by the likes of cimetidine, famotidine or nizatidine.
GERD is a digestive disorder, which causes disruption in digestion, as reflux from the stomach is returned to the oesophagus. Proper treatment measures should be taken. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.