Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradeep Kumari
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pradeep KumariYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
With the help of Dr Pradeep Kumari's treatment for hair transplant, I am feeling so great. I had lost hope, but the hair transplant given by DR Pradeep Kumari has helped me regain my confidence. One of my colleague referred Dr Pradeep Kumari. The overall atmosphere in the Skin & Surgery International; Asia Institute of Hair Transplant is very soothing. She is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. It was so quite pleasant in the Skin & Surgery International; Asia Institute of Hair Transplant. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my hair transplant. She is a very practical doctor.
It was a bad case of hair loss. I visited skin and surgery hair transplant. All the staff members were very helpful. I was quite concerned, as my hair condition was degrading day by day, but due to Dr Pradeep Kumari and the hair loss treatment I didn't lose hope. The Skin & Surgery International; Asia Institute of Hair Transplant is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my hair loss, but she has helped me immensely. My case was extremely serious, but she really handled it very nicely.
I saw Dr. Pradeep Kumari clinic in Pune's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him. she is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Pradeep Kumari. the symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from chronic skin allergy, but Dr. Pradeep Kumari was able to handle it. the facilities available in the Skin & Surgery clinic are very nice.
Dr Pradeep Kumari is very talented and seasoned doctor. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. I feel so great after the completion of treatment. I feel strange that I am suffering from hair fall. My boss referred me Dr Pradeep Kumari. The best thing about her is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines. The atmosphere in the Skin & Surgery International; is always so positive and full of life.
She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The waiting area in the Skinclinic is very comfortable for elderly patients. Overall pimples was very effective. Initially the prob of pimples were not that severe but then it became worse. Someone from the office, referred us Dr Pradeep Kumari. She has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner.
Since Teenage I Have Been Suffering From Mild To Moderate Acne But Some Times They Just Flare Up None Of The Doctors Could Tell Me The Root Cause .. Thanx To Lybrate I Came Across Dr Pradeep Kumari Sh Bua So Experienced And Sweet Her Treatment Not Only Suited Me But She Even Told Me What Triggers Acne On My Skin. Even Her Clinic Is So Organised . Best Dermatologist Till Now
dr Pradeep KumariMy whole family goes to her whenever needed. She is very caring and is the best doctor I've ever had. Due to my sudden hairfall, I took an Alopecia Areata Treatment from her. I must say it is the best decision I have taken as I have healed totally.
I met Dr Pradeep Kumari for my corn problem on my hands. I was in so much pain due to ther problem. My daily activities were suffering because of that problem. But Dr Pradeep Kumari gave me the right medication that helped in corn removal treatment.
I met Dr Pradeep Kumari for my corn problem on my hands. I was in so much pain due to therproblem. My daily activities were suffering because of that problem. But Dr Pradeep Kumari gave me the right medication that helped in corn removal treatment.
Dr Pradeep Kumari is really like god send person. The complete process of pimples treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult her. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results.
dr Pradeep Kumari is one of the leading young dermatologists in India. She is a very efficient and dedicated doctor. She is available at Skin & Surgery International; Asia Institute of Hair Transplant in Pune.
Explains the procedure and treatment well. Considers overall health scenario before advocating treatment. Very good doctor
Ashish Kumar Swain
Doctor explained in details.Staffs are very good in interaction.Systematics procedure no hecric.
There are a number of conditions that may come to affect the delicate skin of newborn and growing babies. Some of them may be simple to diagnose and treat, while others may be slightly more serious. Intertrigo is an exceptionally normal inflammatory condition influencing those areas of skin that are naturally in contact with each other. For example, the groin, armpits and other skin overlays. These territories of skin that are in contact with each other are in contact to the intertriginous zones.
Infants and babies with intertrigo have red and sore skin in the folds of skin, under the neck, under the arm and in the nappy area. Dissimilar to nappy rash, the rash is most dangerous, if it is found inside the folds of the skin. In a nappy rash, the skin inside a fold is usually protected, but the rash is exceedingly bad in areas touched by the nappy.
In case you or your child has intertrigo, your doctor may propose just keeping the affected range dry and exposed to the air. You may control oozing of certain liquids with moist packs of an astringent called Burow's solution. Then air dry it and let it heal on its own.
The surface of the affected skin is exceptionally sensitive and hard. It should be dealt with delicately. Washing it with water can be difficult. Utilizing sorbolene to clean the skin might be a gentler option. Be careful so as not to rub the skin. Pat it dry softly and regularly. Keeping the skin fold as dry as possible is very helpful.
Creams or balms that shield the skin from dampness such as the ones that are utilized for nappy rash might be useful. Zinc creams, zinc and cod-liver oil creams can be helpful. Check with your doctor (drug specialist) for other valuable creams or salves. In case the rash is not improving or it is spreading, see your specialist as the contamination may require treatment. Thrush infections are normal. Utilizing a defensive cream like the ones used to counteract nappy rash are beneficial and effective. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If people were asked, as to what would be the one important cosmetic without which they would not step out, it has to be the lip balm. From a time when it was mainly used during winters to avoid chapped lips to the present days when it has become an essential cosmetic product irrespective of the weather or the season, it has come a long way.
While there are still the plain ones which have petroleum jelly and help in keeping the lips moist, there are also the new flavoured and coloured options. They have also found their way into the cash counters where these attractive picks make most people impulse buyers. There are also specialised lip balms aimed at men, which are customised keeping in mind the slightly rough skin.
The lip balm has many ingredients, but the main component is waxy and could be beeswax, carnauba wax, paraffin, lanolin, or camphor. There are many organic products available which contain essential oils, shea butter, silk protein, nut oils like almond oil and cocoa butter. The main purpose is to create a protective layer on the surface of the lips to protect it from cold, dry air, and reduce damage from sun exposure. It also seals the moisture that is inherently present in the lips, thereby preventing chapping and cracking of the lips. Some cheaper products could contain hemp oils, petroleum and mineral oils.
When picking a lip balm, consider the following:
- Purpose: Do you want something protective or do you want something attractive? The answer to this question will decide the product you pick. If protection is the main reason, then something plain will do. If you want colours and flavours, the pick would be different. There are specialised products for men, so go indulge.
- Exposure to the sun: There are some lip balms which offer protection with a good SPF, so if you are likely to be out in the sun for long period, use this.
- Medicated: Some lip balms also contain medicinal effects against cold sores, so if you have a cold sore, use this.
- Do no harm: There could be lip balms which contain synthetic substances like phenol, menthol, salicylic acid, and alum. These have a tendency to dry the lips, and so not advisable in the long run.
- Container: While lip balm sticks are very popular, they are best for single person use, to avoid contamination.
Whatever the product you apply, it inevitably enters your system and so it is important to take a good product. Choose plant-based essences which are not just healthy but also provide a good, protective effect for the lips.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hair loss due to androgenetic alopecia or pattern baldness is a condition that affects both men and women equally. Surgical hair transplantation is the only solution for restoring the lost hair in pattern baldness when medical hair restoration does not offer you a good hair re-growth. If you have well-defined and clearly established areas or patterns of baldness on the crown with healthy dense coverage of hair at the sides and the back of the head, you are probably suitable for a hair transplant surgery. Hair that is transplanted in the frontal region of the skull generally offers the best results. However, a hair transplant procedure can also be carried out on any other area of your head if you have some bald patch there.
It is best to have detailed information about the hair transplant procedure before you make plans to undergo a surgery. It is only after you have read through all the information that you can understand and appreciate the significance of surgical hair restoration. The information will also help you decide whether you are the right candidate for the hair transplant surgery. Receiving a hair transplant can improve your appearance and self-confidence.
All those who can opt for a hair transplant:
- Men with male-pattern baldness
- Women suffering from hair thinning
- Anyone who has lost some hair from a burn or scalp injury
Hair replacement isn’t a good option for:
- Women with a wide-spread pattern of hair loss throughout the scalp
- People who don’t have enough “donor” hair sites from which to remove hair for transplant
- People who form keloid scars (thick, fibrous scars) after injury or surgery
- People whose hair loss is due to medication like chemotherapy
Two types of procedures
It's worth noting that there are new surgical techniques involved in hair transplants:
- FUE - Follicular Unit Extraction: The hairs are individually extracted from the back of the head and re-planted across the area. This is a lengthy, pain-staking process but the result is minimal scarring and a very natural-looking hairline.
- FUT - Follicular Unit Transplantation: This technique involves taking a larger area or 'strip' of hair from the back of the head, dividing it into smaller units and then re-planting those units in the desired area of hair loss. Scarring can be slightly more conspicuous at the back of the head as a larger area has been removed but an expert surgeon will minimise incision marks to ensure rapid healing.
Hair transplant do, of course, utilise your own natural hair and re-growth can be expected within 4 weeks of surgery. Great care must be taken during your recovery period to protect the newly-transplanted hair. However, once it is deemed safe to resume normal activities, the results can be life-transforming. A successful hair transplant is permanent and can restore confidence and self-esteem.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Facial aging is an issue which shows its first signs around the late twenties and early thirties. It is manifested in the form of fine lines, dark circles, wrinkles and rough skin, especially near the eyes and lips. This process cannot be reversed. It is a part of human body and the way the skin matures with age. But, it can be treated through surgical and non-surgical or natural means to make sure that the process of aging is slowed down.
Factors Affecting Facial Aging:
There are several factors which affect the facial aging and aggravate the process faster. Some of these factors are:
- If you smoke excessively, your face would sooner or later start showing signs of aging prematurely.
- At times, this process gains speed due to genetic issues.
- Stress and anxiety are the most important reasons for a person to start showing signs of aging at an early stage of life.
- If you lead a hectic lifestyle which involves excessive travelling throughout different climates, the exhaustion may be manifested through facial aging.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face.
As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow's feet become more apparent.
The facial skin also stretches a bit, adding to this loss of facial volume. Other factors that affect the facial skin include sun exposure, heredity, and lifestyle.
Dermal fillers can be used to:
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
Dermal fillers can be very helpful in those with early signs of aging, or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery.
You must make a note of the fact that dermal filling is not considered to be a type of surgical treatment. However, it does use anaesthesia while being administered. In fact, the patient is first given a dose of anaesthesia and left to rest for about half an hour. Some fillers have anesthesia in the syringe itself otherwise, we apply numbing cream or topical anesthesia. Thereafter, dermal fillings are applied with the help of fine needles. You need to realise that the use of fine needles with precision can be done only by those who have been specially trained for it. Thus, if your dermatologist recommends you for a treatment of dermal filling, then he/she ought to be a trained expert in carrying out the procedure. If you, on your own prefer to get this treatment done, then you should also find an expert who is well trained in administering this procedure.
Thus, dermal fillers are quite famous in the world of facial dermatology to reverse the aging process. It helps in reducing fine lines, wrinkles and adds volume and smoothness to the skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Having beautiful nails is not necessary only for looking good, but they need to be clean for health purposes too. Just like your skin and hair, you need to take care of them so that they are healthy looking. They are exposed to environment and there are many ways by which your nails get damaged. Thus, here are a few tips that are easy to follow to keep your nails look great and keep them healthy!
- Care for your cuticles: During a manicure avoid trimming your cuticles. They are meant to be the barrier for bacteria and when you cut them, it may result in painful infections. With the help of a cuticle pusher, you may moisten them and push them back, but do not cut them totally. Even when you are having a conventional manicure make sure that you protect your cuticles by dabbing some olive or almond oil so that the reaction of chemicals that come in contact with your skin becomes minimum.
- Use moisturizer: Even your nails need to be moisturized and hence while you rub lotion on your hands put some of it on your nail and cuticles too. By using hand wash regularly you tend to dry your nail bed. Thus, after every wash, it is necessary that you use some moisturizer. If possible, use some coconut oil for rubbing on your nails. You can use cuticle cream too and rubbing that every day on your cuticles will help in keeping them moisturized.
- Provide nutrients to your nails: Yes, even your nails need nutrients to be healthy. Take biotin that is also referred as vitamin H. Studies reveals that it helps in preventing nails from becoming brittle. It may not grow your nails faster, but it provides the necessary support to your nails so that they do not split, crack or tear away.
- Wear gloves to protect your nails: Make it a practice to wear gloves while you are working with detergents, whether during dishwashing or anything else. Detergents have harsh chemicals that will leach away nutrients and moisture from your nails. Thus, it’s better to protect before than taking care later. “Prevention is better than cure” you know!
- Avoid using harsh polish: In nail polishes, you will find toxic chemicals like toluene, dimethyl, dibutyl phthalate, and camphor, diethyl phthalates, and formaldehyde. These nail polishes are dangerous for health. Instead try alternatives that do not contain such chemicals and are easy on your nails. Before you purchase them read the label carefully.
Babies go through a host of problems that we usually refer to as growing pains. This article is of special importance to most mothers who are going through myriad problems like colic, teeth and even diaper rash. Diaper rash is known as diaper dermatitis in medical terms. When the skin of the area within the diaper becomes red and goes through inflammation, it is known as diaper dermatitis. Read on to know more about the condition, and how it may be treated.
Symptoms: The most obvious and common symptom of diaper dermatitis is the signs on the skin which will bear a patchwork of red blotches that may look tender to touch. The baby will also seem more irritable and cranky as the discomfort and pain starts to grow every time the diaper rubs against the rashes. Bleeding, itching and oozing can also occur, in which cause it is imperative to consult a doctor immediately. Also, if the rashes are accompanied by fever, one must get it checked as there may be chances of an infection. Diaper rashes can also cause pain during bowel movements and a burning sensation during urination.
Causes: There are a number of reasons for the occurrence of diaper rashes. Trying out a new product may sometimes give the baby a rash as the sensitive skin of the child may not take to some ingredient. Therefore, it may develop as an allergic reaction. This new product may be a cream, lotion or a new brand or type of diapers. Further, sometimes when we introduce new foods, the baby’s skin may erupt into rashes as a part of an allergic reaction. Also, chaffing or rubbing may cause such rashes, while prolonged use of the diaper without a change is known to be one of the most common causes of this condition. Bacterial or yeast infection can also cause diaper dermatitis. Also, antibiotics can cause rashes as a side effect.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is usually done by a dermatologist or a paediatrician based on the symptoms that you list out as well as physical examination of the area. The doctor may also check the baby’s temperature in order to ascertain if there is any fever or any chance of an infection.
Treatment: One should keep the baby’s skin dry and absolutely clean at all times. Also, it would be recommended to use cloth diapers for a few hours a day so that the skin may get a chance to breathe. Further, the doctor will prescribe mild hydrocortisone ointments. Antifungal creams may also be used in case there is an infection. Oral antibiotics may also be prescribed in such cases.
Alopecia or hair loss is a very common problem for both men and women. Androgenetic alopecia refers to the male pattern or female pattern hair loss. In case of some people, Androgenetic alopecia may be a hereditary problem.
In case of androgenetic alopecia, hair starts falling usually from the crown region. Male pattern baldness is different from female pattern baldness. In case of female pattern baldness, hair falls from all over the scalp region and not just the region above the temples.
Many causes are responsible for Androgenetic alopecia. Genetic reasons, hormonal disorders, increased production of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) and also aging can make conditions worse.
Androgenetic alopecia can be a very embarrassing problem. There are certain natural as well as medical ways to prevent androgenetic alopecia. Some of them are mentioned as follows:
- Drink green tea: Researches show that green tea has anti-androgenic properties, which can help you to prevent androgenetic alopecia.
- Massage oil on your scalp: Massaging your scalp with hair oils like coconut oil provides your hair with the required nourishment and hence, prevents hair fall.
- Try to reduce stress: Stress can increase the secretion of 'cortisol' hormones in your body, leading to a hormonal imbalance, which may result in hair fall. So, reducing stress may help you to prevent excessive hair loss.
- Consider hair transplantation procedure: If you are losing your hair at an alarming rate, then you may consider clinical treatment. The treatment of hair transplantation can help you to prevent further hair loss.
- Change your diet: Include foods such as eggs, fish and walnuts. These foods are replete with protein and Omega-3 fatty acids, which provide your hair the required nourishment and help you prevent Androgenetic Alopecia.
- PRP treatment. Platelet rich plasma therapy helps in improving the thickness of the hair by releasing the growth factors needed for the hair growth.
Since the primary causes responsible for androgenetic alopecia are hormonal imbalances and genetic reasons, you may consider seeking advice from a dermatologist in order to find the root cause of your problem and undergo the necessary treatments.
The skin is an organ and just like all the other organs in your body, it is made up of cells. Since the cells are made up of water, the cells in your skin also need water to function properly. Lack of hydration can cause skin issues such as dry, tight skin which might lead to flaking. Because of constant perspiration, your body loses the vital minerals and salts, the reason why your body needs daily replenishing.
What happens to the skin if you do not drink sufficient water in a day?
Dry skin also has lesser resilience as compared to hydrated or oily skin, which makes it more prone to wrinkling and fine lines. The skin is made up of three layers
The outermost layer, which is known as the ‘epidermis’
The layer beneath it is called the ‘dermis’
The subcutaneous tissue
Usually, water loss takes place from the epidermal layer of the skin due to sweating, however, if the cells in the underlying layers are not hydrated enough, the epidermis begins to start feeling rough and loses its elasticity which can lead to degradation of its texture.
Sufficient water intake and skin - the connect
Drinking water also flushes out the dangerous toxins from within your body and your skin, which allows your skin to breathe normally again. With the normal function restored in the skin, the cells do not feel trapped or inadequate, which means they can continue with their normal functions. This helps delay skin aging by adding shine to your skin.
You should be aiming to drink 8 -10 glasses of water each day because a lesser amount can cause dehydration. Dehydration may trick the oil glands in your body into believing that they need to produce more oil which leads to an excess production of oil, thus, increasing the chance of acne.
Also, when your skin is hydrated from inside, it looks plumper and more radiant and can hide signs of aging. However, when witnessed at a histopathological level [when examined under a microscope], the signs of aging are still present but because your skin is hydrated and looks younger, these signs are invisible to the naked eye.
Kindler’s Syndrome is a rare skin blistering disease named after Theresa Kindler. It is a kind of skin complication which forms skin blisters and lesions on the mucous membranes. This can happen in any part of your body but mainly concentrates on the area where you have experienced any frictions, bruises or minor trauma, especially on the feet and the hands. In some rare occurrences of Kindler’s Syndrome, it can develop on the internal organs like the food pipe, stomach or the respiratory tract.
This disease generally occurs if you suffer from a disorder called autosomal recessive. It means that you may have inherited an anomalous gene from each parent. It usually happens during childhood and reduces as you age.
Some of the symptoms of Kindler syndrome are:
- Blisters occurring on the body in your infancy and periods of early childhood.
- Slowly you will observe altered pigmentation and cutaneous atrophy (A severe dermal condition).
- Blistering due to certain skin trauma appearing on the hands and feet.
- Some observe abnormalities like dental or ophthalmic
- The growth of actinic Keratoses
Kindler’s Syndrome requires a specialized dermatologist for the treatment. In some countries, diagnosis involves skin biopsy. It involves undergoing Immunofluorescence Antigen Mapping or transmission of Electron Microscopy. Blood testing of genes is slowly being developed as a diagnostic test.
Other treatments involve:
- A healthy and nutritious diet to heal the disease from within.
- Maintaining a good dental hygiene.
- Use sunscreen with a high protein formula.
- Avoid exposure to the sun as much as possible.
A glowing and clear skin is something that we all aspire to have. Irrespective of age, gender or profession, having a skin free of acne, blackheads, whiteheads and marks is something that is a welcome sight, for your own self as well as others who see you. A lot of people are blessed with impeccably flawless skin but they are many others who may have to go through treatments or medications to make sure that they are able to achieve the look that they desire the most.
As the year's pass, they tend to take a toll on our body as well as our skin. One of the most prominent areas, where the skin starts showing signs of aging is our face. We have many ways with which we can manage to stop this wear and tear and look younger for longer. One of these methods is the use of chemical peels.
How it works:
Chemical peels are basically very light acids which are formulated into a peel with help of other chemicals. It works by dissolving the dead cells of the topmost layer of the skin. This procedure reveals a new layer of skin, which is visibly brighter and younger. After the application of the peel, a neutralizer is applied to cease the action of the peel. Different skin types and skin issues may require varied concentrations of and type of chemical peel and only an expert in the field may be able to decide the exact need.
Since the skin may become a bit sensitive after the treatment, it is essential that anyone who undergoes peeling treatment ensures following precautions:
- The skin may become sensitive to soap, which is why washing the skin with soap needs to be avoided for 24 hours or as instructed by the specialist.
- If there is mild redness of the skin, a cold compress can be used to ease the irritation. However, if the irritation or redness is excessive, it needs to be brought to notice of the doctor.
- Bleaching, waxing, facials or other such treatments should be avoided for at least a week or as suggested by the dermatologist.
- It is also advisable to avoid heavy makeup for a short period of time after the chemical peel is carried out so that the skin gets enough time to recover itself.
Chemical peeling has several advantages:
- It is a safe and effective procedure with minimal complications.
- It is inexpensive and totally affordable.
- It can be easily combined with other modalities like micro-needling and microdermabrasion.
- Many peels can be done as a lunch-time procedure and patient can resume work immediately.
With the advent of the wide variety of peeling agents, a large number of problems can be addressed and peels can be customized according to needs of the patients. With the best medically approved cosmetic practices at your disposal, you may have to look no further for the glowing and radiant skin.