Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam RanawareYour feedback matters!
Hai. Is chocolate cyst in uterus create problem for ivf. ANd what will be the success rate of ivf. Please tell.
What r the chances of a healthy pregnancy at the age of 39-40 years? I mean is it safe? How can I make it safe without risk?
I am 7 month pregnant and mostly feel that I am too sad and not happy. I have anxiety also. I want to deliver my baby healthy and happy. please suggest what to do.
As we lead modern and fast lives, we have to make sure that we are ahead of competition in all aspects. Due to this we are hardly able to pay attention to our health and body issues. A lot of times we end up suffering more than we should because of the lack of timely help. A lot of times patients feel uncomfortable getting help for their health because they feel conscious about their condition and may be embarrassed to open up about it in front of anyone, not even a medical expert, this is most common in cases where people suffer from sexually transmitted diseases or STDs.
In the course of life and love, we may come across emotional and ideological troubles when we get affected mentally. There are also certain times when we end up contracting diseases that are spread through sexual contact. In such cases, people may seek medical help and may also opt for conventional medication. However, the better alternative, as experienced by a lot of people is to opt for the Ayurvedic medicines and treatments.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a stream of medicinal study that has found details in Hindu scriptures about our day to day ailments. Ayurveda majorly uses the body systems, dietary habits and the breathing techniques to find treatment for health problems and it is seen that the STDs are also easily cured or controlled with the help of Ayurveda. More and more people in the modern times, have started understanding the importance of natural remedies and methods of treatment for a healthier future and that is how Ayurveda has gained in popularity.
Ayurveda is particularly preferred by people in the cases of sexually transmitted diseases because of the fact that the medicines from this stream do not cause side effects and other health problems and proves to be a mild form of medication. This also comes as a relief to those who may feel apprehensive about having their very private issues resolved by Ayurveda.
When a patient suffers from sexually transmitted diseases and needs to find a resolution to the problem, it may be important for them to visit the Ayurvedic expert and explain their problem to the expert. Once the problem is diagnosed and understood clearly, the expert may suggest a host of medicinal herbs that could be for consumption such as Nibadi Churna, Rasnadi Kvath Churna, Nyagrodhadhi Kvath churna and many more or the expert may suggest medication for topical application such as Somaraji oil and tamra bhasma.
The Ayurvedic doctor may also suggest a number of immunity boosting medicines, such as Neem capsules or Ashwashila capsules. Other herbal medicines that are created for deeper rooted issues may also be able to help in the problem. It is also important for a patient to make sure that the right practitioner in the field is chosen to discuss the problem clearly and receiving a diagnosis and medication accordingly.
I am 23 years old female from last year I am having uti first I was diagnosed with klebsiella dn with e.coli dn this years now with staphylococcus epidermidis. After the doctors checkup I am feeling discomfort and burning sensation in vulva urethra and vagina and lil pain while urinating level like something is stuck in there. I have had oral sex with my bf 1 years back 5 times only saliva applied on clitoris. My vulva seems dry and little uncomfortable to walk or sit. What could it be? Please help me.
Hi, I had pain in my left lower abdomen to left thigh and knee after my periods and pain had gone later and now I'm having my period and getting the same pain slightly. please help.
Hi doctor my cousin is 28 years unmarried girl. Her monthly cycle suddenly Change its come after 21 days as always but its changes into 3 days to 2 days and after 2 month again 3 days now its again 3 days. Its that normal?
Mera periods time isbar 5 days let aya herbaljaldi ata he. So I think I am pregnant but not. Pls tell me. Me kya kru my mrg cmplt with 1 year we do regular sex but no pregnancy.
Meri shadi hai kuch hi mahino me, or main abhi wife ko pregnant karna nahi chahta us k liye kya karu Ipill ya unwanted 72 du usko first night ya condom ka istamaal karu Unwanted 72 ke side effect to nahi hai mahine me 1 baar use karne pe Please reply in hindi.
I am 16 year and I have sexual intercourse 5 day ago and today when I check at home. Its showing me pregnant but I don't want to have baby at this age. How to abort it.
Mere period 20 din late ho rahe hai. Maine pregnancy kit se check kiya to negative show kar raha hai. Please help me.
Dear mam, my period supposed to start on 26 December 2014. But till date it has not happened. Am worried. What to do for it?
I need a clarification on uterus size, I have undergone scan last week and it shows my uterus size is 6mm. Hope this is not an issue to conceive. I'm suffering from pcod and treating it. I have even undergone laparoscopy in the month of September. Please let me know the possibilities for pregnancy.
Me and my wife are planning to have a baby from past two months. But she is not able to conceive what is the reason?
They say that you don’t know what value of what you’ve got until you lose it. Well just like how it applies to your relations and the materialistic benefits in life, in the same way it certainly applies to your health, too.
The topic of benefits of being healthy is not an unknown one. We all know the basic rule: eat healthy, stay healthy. But then that’s not enough for being fit, is it?
The art of eating healthy needs to be complimented with exercising and being happy & distressed. Imagine you are maintaining your diet but are always depressed and find everything dull. Does that mean you are healthy?
Of course not! And the conception that buying healthy foods, which always seem expensive and joining gym always burns one’s pocket.
But there are many helpful and simple ways to stay fit and healthy without breaking the bank. Below are some simple rules (besides exercising and staying distressed) that don’t need you to go bankrupt, and will ensure you are not only physically but also emotionally fit
Ensure that you have sound sleep. A typical 7-8 hrs of sleep is a must for a healthy mind and body. Your body needs to relieve and distress itself and sleep is the time when it gets to do it.)
Do at least 30 minutes of exercise, for at least 4 days a week, to maintain good health and keep fit. This can be anything that is physical, for e.g. cycling, walking, swimming, jogging running, to even gardening. If you are not interested in joining gym then resorting to these physical activities will ensure you stay your healthy best.
Your body needs to cleanse itself every now and then to prevent you from falling sick. Drink minimum 2 liters of water every day for good health.
Have the “me time”, Take out time for what you love. Indulge in hobbies and activities that give you immense pleasure. It may vary from reading, writing to shopping, movies etc. – anything that cheers you.
It also includes catching up with your loved ones and spending quality time with them. Many researchers suggest that spending quality time with your loved ones is not only good for your heart but for your mind too since you are emotionally contented.
So just give a look at the above rules and it will definitely lead you to a healthy life- in a true sense.
I want to know how HIV or AIDS happen? Or if I get into a intimate relationship with a married women then it will infect me? Does this disease happen if I get intimate with a gay?
The fundamental principle of homeopathy is the Law of Similars or 'like cures like'. Homeopathy looks at the general health condition of the person and then prescribes remedies that can stimulate the body to function to its optimum capacity and this can naturally eliminate diseased cells and tissues from the body. The remedies stimulate the body's natural healing procedures without introducing chemicals to kill the disease.
Here are 5 reasons to switch to homeopathic medicine:
- It is an individualized treatment: A homeopathic practitioner evaluates the patient's overall health and discusses his problems and expectations before prescribing treatment. All the homeopathic remedies are made with the individual's specific climatic conditions, allergies, stress factors, food habits and lifestyle in mind. Homeopathy also optimizes the immune system and it is equally effective for physical and psychological disorders.
- There are no side effects: Homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances and so they are non-toxic and free from side effects. They are given to the patient in small doses and so, the healing approach is gentle and gradual. They can also be used by people of all ages and even those in delicate conditions like pregnancy, chronic diseases etc. Even if the wrong medicine is prescribed to the patient, it does not cause much harm to the body.
- Homeopathic medicines are easily accessible: Homeopathic remedies are available in most places as they are made directly from the abundant natural resources. There are also several alternatives to a medicine depending on the kinds of plants and minerals found in a particular region. Moreover, the medicines do not have an expiration date and can be stored for a long period of time if they are kept properly.
- The remedies are non-invasive: No homeopathic remedy involves surgical procedures or invasive techniques. So, there is absolutely no chance of infection or further complication. The medicines and therapies are also aimed at eliminating the root cause of the disorder instead of just providing temporary relief from the symptoms.
- Homeopathic medicines are not addictive: Once the disease is healed, the person can easily stop using the medicines since they have no addictive property. This is because the active ingredient is used in minute quantities in homeopathic medication. Hence, these remedies are also safe for infants, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, aged people and people with addiction problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Iodine deficiency is a very common problem worldwide and is a major cause of thyroid disorders. The entire mechanism of how deficiency of iodine causes hypothyroidism is a complex explanation. So we will stick to layman terms and keep it simple. Deficiency of iodine causes a range of diseases which, altogether are termed as iodine deficiency diseases. When an individual does not receive enough iodine, the thyroid gland increases in size because the thyroid is unable to make enough hormones that are necessary for the body. This causes the development of a condition called goitre. Iodine deficiency in pregnant and lactating women is a serious concern because it is the most popular cause of preventable mental retardation.
There can be situations where a person might not be getting adequate iodine, but may not show any symptoms of iodine deficiency. The easiest way to know if a person has iodine deficiency is to get a urine test done or a blood test done to check the level of iodine in the body. Thyroid is a very important gland and is responsible for the following:
- Controlling the metabolic rate
- Boosting synthesis of proteins
- Regulating blood flow and heart rate
- Promoting brain development and linear growth in children
- Helping in normal reproductive functioning in adults
Here are the most common signs that can tell you that your thyroid is not functioning properly due to deficiency of iodine.
- You feel lethargic and tired most of the times and suffer from weakness constantly (due to reduced metabolic rates).
- You may start feeling cold, even when it is visibly warm for the others around you.
- You may have difficulty in concentrating and might have a poor memory (due to slowed down mental processes)
- You may experience unusual weight gain.
- You may become more prone to depressive periods.
- You may notice your skin becoming thick and puffy or your face becoming puffier than usual.
- You may suffer from hair loss.
- You may start having frequent problems of constipation.
- Your skin might feel really dry.
- You might feel your heart beating slower.
- Visible signs would include enlargement of the chin and neck area (caused due to enlargement of your thyroid gland).
With proper treatment and change in diet, iodine deficiency disorders can be prevented with ease. For a better diagnosis, you must consult an experienced medical practitioner and follow his suggestions for improving the iodine levels in your body.