Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi InamdarYour feedback matters!
My 11 month old son has had a phlegmy cough for over a week now. His only other symptoms are sneezing more frequently, and he's been a little more irritable than normal. No fever, no runny or stuffy nose. Its been hot here so we have the air conditioning on most of the day, and a fan at night. His cough seems to be at its worse in the evening and throughout the night. He will go hours between coughing and is otherwise normal. What could be the cause of his cough?
My son is 4 years suffered from high fever 103 so Dr. told to take blood test report was elevated wbc and crp. Wbc is 19000 and crp is 76. So he put him oñ antibiotics. For 7 days but after 2 days he is alright but now continuing the antibiotics. Dr. told to repeat the blood test but am very worried. I have google regarding end but it is shocking if elevated wbc is dangerous? Or only becoz of the fever the wbc is elevated? He is active and normal. Shall I repeat the test after 7 days. Is there anything serious ?
I have 3 months baby. He is not sleeping at night. What to make him sleep at night? He is sleeping in the morning. If not to make him sleep in the morning he starts crying so how to make him to sleep in. Night?
Hi, my daughter is 2. 5 yrs old. She was suffering from mild stomach infection, for which hey ped gave her of (7. 5 ml twice a day) for 6 days starting from fri. Since yesterday night, she is complaining from sore throat. She is not able to intake any solid without pain in the throat. Earlier her ped had prescribed droxyl for sore throat. My question is can I give her droxyl now when she is already taking oflaxin for stomach infection? please advise.
My daughter 1.5 year having vomiting after feeding milk. Also mother having pregnancy now. Is that reason baby having wamiting? please let me know what to do ?
मेरी बेटी का जन्म 4 मई 2016 को हुआ लेकिन जन्म के बाद वह बिल्कुल भी नहीं रोई। 20 दिन तक nursery में एडमिट थी।अब डिस्चार्ज होकर घर आ गयी है लेकिन अब भी वह रोती नहीं है। फीड में ट्यूब से दी जाती है। birth asphyxia. AGA. RDS. HIE grade 2nd. Sepsis. Shock. ATN था। कृपया ओपिनियन दे।
Hi my 17 months old son fell on floor and his head struck on edge of chair. Immediately I noticed a bump on his forehead and also there was a vertical blue line in the middle of bump. He cried for few minutes. After that he was busy with his toys. He did’t vomited or anything. Now after 4 days there is still swelling on that area but lesser than before and that area is soft. He did’t feel any pain on touching it. Is this swelling normal or I should go to doctor.
My son is 2 years 4 months, gets cold cough every 15 days. Please advise. He stays in day care for full day. We give him sinarest he cures in 5 days and then again after 1 week hr has fresh bout of cold which starts with runny nose, cough and then at times fever. Please help.
Measles refer to an infection caused by a virus. It mainly affects the respiratory system and its onset is accompanied by high fever, runny nose, frequent coughing and itchy rashes all over the face. It is extremely contagious and spreads through saliva or even mucus. This infection has several symptoms. Some of them are:
- Persistent coughing: Affecting the respiratory system, the onset of measles can be identified by persistent and a nagging cough, one that refuses to recuperate.
- Fever: As discussed above, if you are infected by the measles virus, chances are very high that you will suffer from extremely high fever. It is often accompanied by chills.
- Sore throat: The throat forms an important part of the respiratory system and if it is infected, its repercussions can be felt in the throat. You will have extreme difficulty in eating or swallowing food when suffering from measles.
- Small white spots develop inside the mouth: Sometimes you may notice outbreak of small white spots in the interior of your mouth. In case you do, do not take it lightly. This is an important symptom of measles and you must consult a doctor immediately.
Notwithstanding the contagious nature of the infection, there are various treatments available in order to treat this infection. Some of them are:
- Acetaminophen: This is used to relieve one of fever as well as pain in the muscles.
- Take rest: Suffering from measles is an extremely uncomfortable situation and taking rest always helps. Your immune system, being infected by a virus is rattled and needs sufficient rest to recuperate.
- Drink lots of water: Nothing can be an alternative to water. Therefore when suffering from measles, drink as much water as you can. Try to drink at least six to seven glasses of water, a day in order to purge your system.
I am 35 year old. I have one daughter 8 year old and 1 year old son. My son does not sleep at night. He do not play only crying with close eyes Please suggest proper treatment for him.
Is zentel oral suspension safe for 11 months old baby? How much dosage should be given? Can I give it to my baby.
I am 23 years old and I had one baby of 7 months old but I am suffering from breast I can't feed my baby properly which he want .he always feel hungry in my breast the milk was flow in very less quantity there fore my child stomach is not filled. What can I do please help me.
My baby is of 1 year. And he is suffering from loose motion since morning. So which medicine should you recommend to give him.
My baby is 3.5 months old and his appetite is very less. He is not consuming proper milk. He is just consuming around 350 ml mother feed. His weight was 4.9 at 3 month old. Can I give liv 52 drops to increase his appetite? I am already giving him calcium, vitamin d and iron drops. Please suggest.
My son is 1 year 9 months. I have a feeling he might have swallowed a small part of his toy. Not sure. He is normal and don't find any change in him. But I would prefer to see the doctor once.
My baby is 7months old can any doc prescribed me what all foods should I start to my baby. As she is too weak.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.
My son is 1 month 20 day old. He suffering 2/3 days for cough, cold, fever and flue. So doctor says it's pneumonia symptoms. They suggest admitted my son. So I want to know it is pneumonia? So help me.
My daughter aged 10 year is suffering from slow stomach pain since last one month. Her pain starts at morning and remain for 5 to 10 mins and similarly after taking lunch and dinner for 5 to 10 min. I have done ultrasound test and it was normal. But last three days she could not able to sleep and her stomach pain going continue. Please advise me what to do?
The following factors are most predictive of a healthy marriage.
A. Growing up in an intact, functional family
B. Parents were a good marital model
C. Both parents functioned well psychologically
D. Atleast 21 yrs at the time of marriage
E. Marry for positive reasons to share your life and not driven by thoughts such as fear of loneliness, parental or peer pressure or to rescue someone.
F. Know your partner for atleast six months
G. Commonalities in terms of sociology, economic class, race, religion, education, common interests
H. Physical attraction with potential to develop an intimate relationship.
I. Discuss important life organization issues like, work, money, children, to live with parents of your spouse or separately and life goals.
J. Support of family and friends is essential building blocks in a healthy marriage.
K. Consider your spouse as respectful and trusting friend
L. Sharing important information about self, taking each other's opinion for significant decisions.
M. Marital bond of respect, trust, and intimacy grows stronger in first three years of marriage.
N. Wait for atleast two to three years before birth of a planned child.
O. Maintain positive, realistic personal and marital expectations.
If atleast 50% of the above is also implemented it will give both the spouses a lot of contentment and motivation to build a strong bond and improve each day.
By Dr. Sharmila majumdar, senior consultant sexologist, psychoanalyst
Avis hospital, clinic of sexual health, mental health. Hyderabad