Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I'm on finasteride 1 mg and minoxidil 5% everyday from past 1.8 yrs. Recently I'm suffering from some anxiety problem, loss of memory etc. My question , is it coz of finasteride? I read some forum saying that it affects to our brain n result anxiety n memory loss. Thanks in advance.
I am 16 and donating blood for the first time in few days. I sm having a little anxiety about it. Does it hurt? If so how much?
I have cold allergy. It comes once a week. Iam totally disturbed by the this. I can not concentrate in my studies. What should I do.
What I have to do to get more concentration on my study & get more marks in examination. I lack concentration & I have to score more marks.
My mom is working as a chief Merton in railway hospital. She has huge work load and she takes care of my family too. The problem is she gets angry very often. She picks a fight for very silly reasons and gets worked up over petty issues. She thinks that fighting and raising her voice is the ultimate solution for any problem.
I am kind of depressed after break up with my boyfriend now 4 months passed I made myself busy with job and I only come home for sleep in order not to think. Its two days again I start crying and thinking about suicide. Now I have chest pain very low energy fever about 39.6 degree and my body shivers I have pain in forehead can you help me what should i do ?
My mother had SDH - Craniotomy operation 1.5 month ago. Now she cant speak still she try to speak but cant speak clear to understand sometime she speaks 1-2 word clearly. What should do?
As I am a engineering student and there is a lots of stress of getting job in future then how I can fight with this kind of stress?
Iam having body pains from 1years and iam 26 years old what is the problem for me please give solution.
I am aged 34 years, suffering from depression since 20 years, on tab respidon 5 mg, sernac 1 mg, no improvement, please advice. I'm unable to concentrate no interest to do home work, always want to sleep i've put up weight. I need very good counseling.
I have exams after few days but I didn't study anything when I try to read my mind goes somewhere else and I feel sleepy, tired what should I do please suggest something helpful.
My mind feeling very stress how can I reduce the stress. And now I have so many problems let's tell me how can I live freely.
I am 17 year old and studies in class XII but I failed to concentrate in my studies then what should I do?
Sometimes she complains of pain on upper body, it's there for some weeks now. Her Blood pressure is within limits, as she visits her neurologist recently. She take medication as Valprol CR 300, Lamez 50, calcium tablet, vitamin D3 tablet.
Hi, I am 22 years old male. Since past 4-5 months I am having a problem to remember things. I used to forget very quickly! Please help me with this.
You may lose 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet the thinning of your scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous new hair growth filling up the bald spots. But hair loss occurs if this cycle of shedding and growth gets distorted. Stress and an unhealthy lifestyle take a toll on your hair as well.
- The following is a list of the types of hair loss that are caused due to high levels of stress:
- The body secretes hormones such as non-adrenaline or Norepinephrine and cortisol in response to stress. These hormones force a large number of hair follicles into a static phase, hindering new hair growth. As a consequence, simple activities such as combing or rinsing the hair might cause hair fall in large strands which do not get replaced by new hair again. This abnormality is known as ‘Telogen effluvium’.
- Trichotillomania is a condition characterized by one pulling out his/her own strands of hair forcefully; most often triggered by negative thoughts or other psychological disorders such as depression or excessive frustration, boredom, stress or tension.
- Alopecia areata is a condition caused by severe stress wherein the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles, resulting in hair loss.
- Other lifestyle related factors can also have an adverse impact on the hair growth. Let us see how:
- Excessive hair styling or hair treatments with hot oil actually swell up the hair follicles. Chemical therapies, dyes, flat irons, blow dryers or bad brushes as well as a range of hair dressing techniques such as hair extension, application of coloring agents, gels and hair sprays further affect the individual strands of hair.
- A junk food diet rich in salt, sugar and saturated fats but less in essential nutrient content can tremendously affect your hair.
- Smoking inhibits blood flow to the hair follicles and interrupts the process of hair growth and hair fall.
- Environmental factors such as pollution from:
- Car exhaust fumes disrupt the keratin (protein formation) in the hair structure, making it fragile.
- Cigarette smoke contains carcinogens that weaken one’s hair follicles.
- Dust particles trigger allergies giving way to inflammation or scalp infections.
- Over exposure to the sun causes brittle, dry and lifeless hair, mainly characterized by split ends.