Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Pallavi AdkarYour feedback matters!
Having bp for Las 3-4 years, working as project coordinator, stress of deadline, travelling, attitudes of keeping everything perfect.
I smoke on daily basis my age is 29 Years male. Really want to quit smoking but not able to stop so like to know if any suggestion/medication to quit or to stop the craving to smoke. And also please tell me what to do or what to consume to keep lungs healthy for healthy breathing as well. If any medicine then please do let me know. At this age I eat in regular intervals but don't see much body growth abd weight. please suggest me and help me.
Iam so un healthy. Full body pains. Can you tel me how can I grow my body. I want to fat. Can you please tel me. Wich food can I eat. speedily grow the fat.
Hello doctors. My question is to psychiatrist doctors. Please can any1 tell how to recognize what our soul wants. Means Dr. I wants to become cricketer but for that I'll have to leave everything like hanging with friends nd all but Dr. at one side I feels I will miss friends. So I don't understand what exactly I need. Please help me out and tell me what I exactly need.
I'm suffering from smoking habits of since 4 years ,I want get rid out of smoking. Kindly help me on this issue.
I am 21 years old. I have cycle of usually 32 days which varies after 2 months and sometimes it becomes 28 days and sometimes 30 but it is within 32 days always. I had my period on 24th June. I had unprotected sex with my husband on 3rd July. After that I had bleeding on 21st June (that means after 27 days from my last period). I did not had breast tenderness. Usually I have heavy bleeding always which lasts for at least 5 to 6 days (probably 5).But this time it was not so heavy but not so light also (much lighter than my heavy periods). It lasted for 4 days. On 6th day I had brown mucus (egg white consistency). Please tell me is it periods or implantation bleeding. I don't want to get pregnant now as I am also studying. Please reply soon.
My son used to do very well in school and all of a sudden he is getting very bad marks in the 9th Standard. His promotion is doubtful. So my husband thought of taking him to a psychiatrist and see what his problem is. I have put him for Maths & Science in two different places but still he is not fairing well. Please advise.
What are mood swings?
Mood swings are defined as sudden and abrupt changes in mood. These mood swings can sometimes help promote problem solving abilities, but a stronger form of these can be associated to a more complex disorder namely, bipolar disorder that is characterised by the cyclical shift from manic to depressive and vice versa.
What causes mood swings?
There are several things that can trigger mood swings starting from your brain chemistry to substance abuse. The most common cause of moods swings can be-
- Abnormal levels of neurotransmitters (NTs) in the brain (ex. Serotonin is majorly responsible for change in moods, changes in emotional state and sleep)
- Anabolic steroid abuse
- Borderline personality Disorder
- Autism or other pervasive developmental disorders
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Major depression
- Post traumatic stress disorder
How to deal with mood swings?
Mood swings can make life difficult for yourself and those around you as well. It is advisable to keep your mood swings under control in order to get along with your life normally.
- Try to remain positive: May be you have had a string of heartbreaks off late or failed interviews, but do not let that define a trend in your life. This can lead to depression and make you upset. Keep your mind open to other possibilities and never lose hope. Hope is something that keeps one going; it gives someone a purpose in life.
- Balance your life: Learn to maintain a balance between work and leisure. Don’t make your life all about work, take small breaks to do what you like (perhaps read a book, or play an instrument).
- Accept the grey in your life: “Life is like a box of chocolates”. You will never know what comes your way. It is never just black and white. Learn to accept that life can go a little downhill sometimes, but don’t be too alarmed by that. Enjoy the best and always keep yourself prepared for the worse.
- Learn to laugh: Enjoy and appreciate the little things around you. It might surprise you, if you consciously look around with an open mind, you will see the miniscule things that may make you laugh. Maybe that neighbour you find annoying is actually a fun guy to be with or that aunty who is always badgering you with questions is actually concerned about you. And most of all learn how to laugh at yourself! People have made a career over doing that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You are more fun than you expected to be. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.