Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nitin Jain
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin JainYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Nitin Jain provides answers that are very helpful, helped me improve my health, professional, practical and knowledgeable. Thank you
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Nitin Jain to be caring. Thankyou- for your valuable advices
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Nitin Jain to be nurturing. Helpful and i like to that
Dr. Nitin Jain provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you
Psoriasis is a durable autoimmune disease defined by patches of irregular skin. These patches of skin are usually scaly, red and itchy. Its symptoms vary greatly in severity, the coverage might be small and focused or it could spread all over the body.
There are mainly five types of psoriasis:
- Plaque: also called psoriasis vulgaris, is the most common kind of psoriasis (90% of cases). It affects the skin behind the forearms, over the navel, shins and scalp, usually presenting itself in red patches with white- colored scales over it.
- Guttate: has lesions that are drop-shaped.
- Inverse: red patches show up in the folds of your skin.
- Pustular: pus-filled blisters form. They are non-infectious.
- Erythrodermic: the rash spreads wider. In some people, even fingernails and toenails get affected as pits may form on them or their colour may change.
Anything from emotional trauma and stress to streptococcal infection can cause psoriasis. Sometimes you might carry predisposition for psoriasis in your genes and stress may aggravate it. Environmental factors may also lead to psoriasis. And then again defects in the immune system may also be the underlying cause. Even after thirty years of research, the exact cause for psoriasis remains a mystery. There is no age limit to psoriasis. It can show up from anywhere between infancy to old age.
Common symptoms include
- Pink or red scaly bumps that are smaller in size, but become plaques later, show up on the skin. Although these scales can show up anywhere, they are mostly common on sites where there is much friction, abrasion or scratching.
- Small pinpoint depressions or pits might show up on toenails and fingernails. Distal onycholysis, which refers to large brown/yellow divisions on the nails, shows up as well.
- Sore throat may follow if it is guttate psoriasis.
Psoriasis is not curable. But its symptoms can be managed with steroid creams, ultraviolet creams, vitamin D3 creams and with medicines that act as immunosuppressants. Creams alone can help control symptoms in 75% of patients with psoriasis.
Pitted keratolysis is a skin condition that affects the soles of your feet. As a result of this disease, the skin on the forefoot or heel turns white with pitted clusters. This is often accompanied by an offensive odor and is worse when the skin is wet. This odor is the main reason patients seek treatment for this skin condition. If left untreated, this can last for many years.
People who suffer from excessive sweating and those who wear closed shoes for extended durations have a high risk of suffering from this condition. Pitted Keratolysis is a bacterial infection where the bacteria multiply in moist conditions and release enzymes that destroy the horny cells of the foot soles.
With time, this turns into characteristic crater like pits on the skin. They also produce sulphur compounds simultaneously that lead to the odor. Treatment for this skin condition can be categorized under medicinal treatments and home remedies.
- One of the ways to treat this disease is to treat the hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating that triggers it.
- Topical fusidic acid ointments or clotrimazole ointments can also provide some relief.
- Your doctor may also prescribe oral antibiotics to clear stubborn lesions.
- Other treatment options include anti-bacterial soap and injectable botulinum toxin. Using a strong antiperspirant with aluminum chloride can also resolve the issue.
- The first thing you must do if you suffer from this condition is keep your feet dry. Wearing socks with your shoes is a good idea as this keeps your feet dry and ventilated. Thus, keeping the bacteria from multiplying. After having a bath, pay special attention to drying your feet. You could even use a hair dryer on your feet.
- Wash your feet with soap and water at least twice a day. You could also use an antiseptic cleanser or antibacterial soap.
- Try and reduce the number of hours you wear closed shoes. Whenever possible, wear open toed sandals. Do not wear the same shoes for two days in a row without giving them time to dry out.
- If possible, change your socks at least once in the day.
- Do not share footwear or towels with anyone else.
- Apply antiperspirants to the soles of your feet.
- Soak your feet in half a bucket of water with 15-20 drops of tea tree oil.
Children are more susceptible to health problems as their immunity is still developing and along with frequent infections such as fever or stomach problems, skin problems are a common affliction. Most skin problems within children are a manifestation of the underlying conditions such as allergies or other sicknesses. Some of the common skin allergies and problems are mentioned here.
- Heat Rash or Prickly Heat: This is possibly the most common skin condition that children are generally afflicted by. These are small red bumps on the skin which look like minute pimples. It is caused due to the blockage of the pores and excessive sweating due to hot weather or wearing warm clothes.
- Ringworm: Unlike the name, this condition isn’t actually caused by the infection from a worm. Ringworm is named so due to the ring that forms on the skin which is scaly, inflamed, red in color and can be quite itchy. It is mostly caused by a fungus that lives on the skin. Ringworms are mostly passed through skin to skin contact.
- Chickenpox Rashes: Although there are vaccines that have minimized the occurrence of this disease, it still occurs from time to time. One of the tell-tale signs of this disease are the rashes that may develop all over the body which is accompanied by fever. Although, these may go away, some marks from the rashes may remain and it is important to take care so that they don’t leave any mark behind.
- Eczema: This is another very common skin condition that afflicts many kids and is usually attributed to allergies and asthma. The typical symptoms usually include a patch of raised skin which is inflamed and red. Children often complain about excessive itching and the affected skin tends to be quite dry. Although topical medications are useful, curing or treating the underlying symptoms shows remarkable improvement.
- Impetigo: This is a type of bacterial infection which primarily occurs around the mouth and nose but repeated scratching can spread it around other parts of the body as well. In this condition, red sores or blisters may develop on the skin and then develop a yellow crust which may even ooze fluid sometimes. It is mostly spread by the use of objects such as toys and clothing items or even towels. Antibiotics may be required to treat this condition.
- Allergic reactions or contact dermatitis: Another very common skin problems that affect kids, this occurs as a reaction to certain chemicals such as those found in certain foods, soaps, plants or insects which may either cause a lesion or an inflamed area on the skin. In some cases, it may form blister, although all of these will go away on their own. However, if it persists for more than a week or two or if it is extremely painful, you should immediately take your child to the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Cellulitis is a common contagious bacterial skin infection marked by redness and swelling of the skin that feels tender and hot. It usually occurs when bacteria penetrate through a crack or a cut on the skin’s surface. Although cellulitis can develop anywhere over the face or the body, it is your lower legs that are affected the most. It damages the tissues beneath the skin, spreading to the bloodstream and the lymph nodes. If left untreated, the infection might get aggravated and turn fatal.
In case of a recurrence, preventive antibiotics may be recommended by the doctor. Adopting the below mentioned precautionary measures can help:
1. Gently rinse the wound with soap and water on a daily basis, whenever you go in for a shower.
2. Apply an antibiotic ointment or a cream over the wound to get adequate protection.
3. Use a bandage to dress your wound and change it daily.
4. Watch out for signs of infections such as pain and redness and accordingly go for medical help.
5. People with diabetes often suffer from poor blood circulation. They require extra precautions in order to prevent any skin injury:
- Minutely check for signs of injury, failing which you might be even more susceptible to infections.
- Moisturize and lubricate your skin daily to prevent peeling and cracking.
- Trim your toenails and fingernails carefully so that they do not injure the ambient skin.
- Wear appropriate gloves and footwear to protect your feet and hands.
- Treat any infection developing on the skin surface at the right time because they might be contagious. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Having a beard is considered to be extremely popular these days as indicated by the increasing number of people sporting beards. However shaving regularly has numerous benefits such as dead cells removal and making you look more refreshed.
The various benefits of shaving regularly are:
- It removes dead cells from the skin: Scraping of the skin with a razor during shaving facilitates removal of dead cells form your face. These dead cells in your skin can make your skin look dull and greasy. Regular shaving keeps your skin fresh and healthy.
- It reduces chances of ingrown hairs: Shaving on a regular basis does not allow ingrown hairs to develop as the length of the hair is always small. The chances of getting a razor bump is drastically reduced due to the fact that you would be shaving smaller beard hair.
- Eliminates a reason to itch in summers: Sporting a beard in summers can be irritating as beards can cause itching in your face. You may also develop rashes due to the constant itching. Shaving regularly allows you to avoid this problem.
- It is beneficial for people with lots of facial hair: If you have lots of facial hair then you have increased chances of getting oily skin and acne. So shaving dense facial hair may help you in getting rid of acne.
- Dandruff: Long beards may tend to harbor dandruff as the skin below the beard gets itchy and flaky. This is a result of accumulation of the dead cells that the skin sheds on a regular basis.
- Eating food: Eating food can be irritating with a long beard, as food particles may fall on a dense beard and remain there. This may cause skin problems as these food particles may harm your skin.
Oxygen is necessary to rejuvenate aging and dull skin. Oxygen facial therapy opens all clogged pores of your face through all the layers. It helps to reduce and eliminate problems like wrinkles, fine lines and acne. Oxygen facial therapy gets the skin on your face to breathe and makes it radiant. Following is the information you need to know to consider Oxygen facial therapy:
- The Oxygen levels tend to drop since the age of 25 and by 40 at least 50% of the skin's Oxygen retaining capacity gets impaired. When the skin lacks Oxygen the blood vessels get constricted and it adversely affects the skin's ability to function normally.
- Dull and aging skin can't be covered up with makeup or following skin care regimen after a certain point of time. Stress, lack of sleep, hormonal imbalance, unhealthy lifestyles etc can take a toll on your skin.
Benefits of Oxygen facial therapy
- Oxygen facial therapy can increase the benefits of other topical application of skin care products exponentially
- It increases the elasticity of the skin along with the strength of collagen
- It increases the number of red blood cells
- It makes your skin more supple and radiant
- It acts as a stimulator for the immune system
- Aids in restricting capillary damage and increases blood flow
- Increases the ability of the skin to heal
- Gives you an even skin tone
- Diminishes inflammation and reddish appearance of the skin
- Helps to heal wounds on the skin
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a natural product generated in the human body. The syringe extracts a small quantity of blood of the patient and rotates in a centrifuge to make the red blood cells and white blood cells separated from plasma and platelets. The plasma created in the centrifuge contains a high number of platelets than the normal which is termed as platelet rich plasma or PRP.
The platelet rich plasma therapy is the process in which the plasma that has more platelet count is injected in the areas of dark, wrinkled and saggy skin. The injected plasma helps to produce collagen and reproduce tissue that is needed to give a rejuvenated and smooth skin.
- Patients who are aged 30-80 are treated in this therapy. This covers the skin problems like fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, loss of volume in the cheeks, skin sagginess on the mid face and jawline, skin thinning of neck, elbows and aging and sun damage to the skin.
- Patients with skin disease, severe metabolic diseases, cancer, chemotherapy and abnormal platelet count can’t go for this treatment.
- PRP is different from fillers and injections
- The therapy of PRP gives a boost to your own collagen to fill up the saggy skin. This method is used for giving volume to the face that has wrinkled and drawn face and cheeks. It gives a fullness to your face, including lips and under eye hollows.
- On the other hand, fillers and injections of hyaluronic acid only cover the lines and folds present on the skin which last for only 6-18 months. Patients need to visit a dermatologist to avail the treatment again.
PRP injections can be slightly uncomfortable but patients gain relief sooner. Generally, it takes 15-20 minutes for the procedure. It is comparatively painless and there is no need of any special care of the skin after the treatment. Only the daily routine of skin care will do. There is no report of side effects as the plasma is created from the patient’s own blood.
The objective of PRP therapy is to gain a full face with rejuvenated skin, open pores, no wrinkles and softer lines. This therapy needs at least 3-4 months to show the desired results. A skillful and knowledgeable dermatologist should be consulted before going for this treatment. Many a time, 6 RED Light LED therapy is prescribed by the dermatologist to speed up the process of skin rejuvenation.
Ultherapy is a wonderful non-invasive and non-surgical procedure for skin tightening. It uses the natural healing process of the body and focused ultrasound for tightening the loose skin on the neck, brow, chin and upper chest area. Ultherapy is a great advancement in aesthetic science. The results of Ultherapy can be seen over two to three months as it is a non-invasive procedure that works from the inside out. The results keep improving up to six months. There are plenty of benefits of Ultherapy.
Here are some of its benefits:
- No surgery is required: The first benefit of Ultherapy is that no surgery is required as it is a non-invasive procedure. Therefore, no stitches or cutting is involved. Side-effects are usually associated with every surgery. Since there is no surgery needed in Ultherapy, it also eliminates the risk of side-effects. Moreover, Ultherapy is an easy procedure for patients. People undergoing Ultherapy do not face any major discomfort or problems. Some patients might experience mild discomfort.
- Limited treatments: Some people require only one treatment, whereas some others require an additional treatment for getting the desired results. Ultherapy treatments last from half an hour to one hour. Therefore, the patients can easily get back to their work after the treatment. This is the second benefit of Ultherapy.
- Minimal to no side-effects: There are no huge side-effects in Ultherapy. Some patients can experience flushing in the skin or mild swelling after the procedure. However, the mild swelling will dissipate within some time. The minimal side-effects last only a few hours. Many patients do not experience any side effects after Ultherapy.
- Impressive results: The results of Ultherapy are amazing and impressive. People who opt for Ultherapy treatment experience tighter, radiant and younger looking skin. The ultrasound technology used in Ultherapy stimulates the production of collagen that is responsible for long-term results. It naturally rebuilds skin from inside out.
- Extremely safe: The procedure of Ultherapy is extremely safe. It is a natural and non-invasive process. The Ultherapy procedure is FDA cleared. It is a safe and effective process for treating patients worldwide.
Thus, you can see that Ultherapy is a wonderful procedure for skin tightening. It has plenty of benefits that make it the best option for skin tightening. If you have sagging skin, you can opt for Ultherapy. The best thing is that you can immediately get back to your normal life after your treatment. There are no such aftercare requirements. Men and women in their thirties who have mild skin laxity are generally the candidates of Ultherapy.
Dyeing one's hair has become a modern trend. Streaks, highlighting with a blond color or changing the hair color altogether is done often to alter one's looks. However, most hair colors contain chemical ammonia, which causes hair to become brittle and dry. Here are a few tips to color your hair and keep it fabulous, all at the same time. Read on more to find all about it.
One of the most important things to consider before coloring your hair. Deep condition your hair. Avoid applying chemicals to your hair one month prior to the actual coloring. This helps in reducing the damage your hair takes during coloring. It also revitalizes your hair, which it received via styling or heat.
- Manage your hair: Make sure that you manage your hair and go for regular trims or haircuts. It will help in coloring if you do not have to manage split ends or breakage.
- Condition your hair: Deep condition your hair to properly boost its strength. Mix banana, egg and yogurt evenly and apply them to your hair. Rinse after an hour. This will make your hair softer and stronger.
- Color on non-shampooed hair: Make sure that you apply color on your hair on a day, in which you haven't applied shampoo. It is recommended to not shampoo your hair 2 days prior to coloring as it washes the natural oil present in your hair and causes the coloring to result in excess damage to the hair follicles.
- Rinse hair with a protecting shampoo: After applying color make sure that you only apply color protecting shampoos. This helps the color to set in and does not wash it away. Rinse using cold water.
- Wash hair twice a week: Shampooing on a regular basis strips your hair of the natural oils. Restricting it to twice a week ensures that the color on your hair stays for a longer duration.
- Deep condition post coloring: Use almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil to deep condition your hair.
- Avoid blow drying: Blow drying your hair causes it to be extra dry. This can cause damage to your hair. Let your hair dry naturally or if necessary use a cooler setting on your hair dryer.
Acne is very common nowadays, whether it be among teens or adults. It seems this tiny little thing disturbs many! Proper treatment of several months is needed to eradicate this problem. You have to maintain your daily skin regime to prevent it and get a healthy and glowing skin. Acne also called pimples is the cause of spots on the face, further leaving scars there. These scars are very difficult to get rid of. Many get acne in their teen years only and it get minimized as soon as the adult years hit. On the other hand, many people start to get pimples from their early adolescence and this problem prevails well into their middle age or old age. The root cause may vary from person to person. Both the genders are equally affected and suffer from the problem of acne. Acne and scars on the face make an unappealing personality which is of course not liked by many and it can really reduce your confidence level.
Reasons behind break out of acne
- It is quite natural to get acne in adolescent years as there are overall lots of changes in the body at that time.
- Acne occurs when the pores on our skin get clogged. The clog is due to excess oil secreted by the skin or the presence of dead cells.
- People adopt unhealthy lifestyles like consumption of junk food, excessive alcohol intake and smoking, irregular sleeping hours.
- People use skin products which may not be suitable for their skin type.
- Acne could be the result of an internal problem in your body and it may be the indicator or reflection on your face.
- You may be suffering from dandruff, resulting in acne.
- You just can’t stop picking the pimples which result in acne scars and further acne.
Treatment of Acne and Scars
You should take care of your face like you would care for a baby. A proper routine of cleansing, toning and moisturizing should be done twice daily. If anyone has oily skin, then they should search for products that are specifically for oily skin. One should not touch one’s face unnecessarily as hands have minute impurities many times. Scars can be prevented by treating acne and not by touching them. Many natural ways of treatment are there which you can find among your kitchen ingredients. You can apply apple cider vinegar, cinnamon and honey mask, milk and honey mask, egg white mask, smashed papaya mask, orange peel paste, applying tea tree oil, aloe vera, baking soda and much more on your skin as a part of the natural treatment. But you should also consult a dermatologist or medical practitioner before taking any treatment to find the root cause of acne and eradicate them totally.