Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin AbhyankarYour feedback matters!
Sir my father has problem of coughing and today while he cough his headache started so sir pls tell should we consider Dr. or what to do.
I am 17 men. I am suffered from sinuses, so please give me advise how to overcome from this diseases.
How to control sinus problems and headache during winter and maintain perfect health conditions all time?
I have cold and cough since last week and it's so severe that I start getting chest pain after coughing out so loud! please help me on how to get rid of this severe cold and cough?
I did not listen to my mothers words and went to dance in rain, now i'm having cough. I need medicine Which one should I take?
I am having very ceviour cold and cough and also the cough is of yellow colour. Give me medicine or syrup tht can cure me as soon as possible.
I am suffering from dust allergy if I inhale any dust I suffered from dry cough and throat pain can you please suggest any solution for this?
I have tonsil inflammation from morning with fever, difficulty swallowing, malaise. What do I do? Please reply.
I have a swollen tonsil. I feel something like a lump in the left side of the roof of the mouth about twice in a month now. I consulted 2 doctors one of them wanted to observe my condition and the other said I have tonsillitis. I am suspecting throat cancer. What should I do?
COPD stands for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and is generally used to describe a broad category of diseases. These include chronic bronchitis as well as emphysema. All of these diseases, however, can be prevented from getting worse by taking similar measures as the causes of these diseases are very similar.
Here are the ways to prevent COPD exacerbations:
- Cleanliness: It is crucial that you do not allow infections to set in. Infections are probably the worst type of exacerbation possible in COPD. All you need to do to prevent infection is to take a little care to ensure good hygiene. Wash your hands often and do not allow people with colds or flu to come close to you.
- Take vaccines: Make sure your flu and pneumonia shots have not been missed.
- Take medicines: It is crucial that medicines for your lungs are taken on schedule, if you have COPD. The possible medicines which you could take if your doctor prescribes it includes inhaled beta-agonists, steroids and anticholinergics.
- Spirometry: Doctors often recommend the use of the portable Spirometry device, Spirometer, in case of COPD. Spirometers check the condition of the lungs by measuring various parameters to see how well the lungs are working. Spirometers can easily measure FEV1, a parameter which measures how much air can you blow out in one second. This is especially great if you do not know whether your condition has exacerbated or not.
- Corticosteroid: It is another type of medicine used, which can prevent COPD exacerbations. In its place, even inhaled beta-agonists or anticholinergics can also be used.
- Stop smoking: Exposure to smoke us an important cause for COPD dosease. It also causes worsening of disease with exacerbation. Smoking cessation can be achieved by self determination, nicotine replacement therapy and certain medications.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!