Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin AbhyankarYour feedback matters!
I am 44year mail.allergic to dust,from over a month,while sleeping at night some voice comes out from my respiratory tract.and also nose is blocked,I use otrivin nasal spray but that is not permanent solution. Kindly suggest me what to do?
Hi sir my son is 3 years old from the last 2 days my son has cough and blocked nose suddenly fever came doctor prescribed P 250 levolin and relent plus but it is of no use the fever subsides can you Tel me the antibiotic sir.
Hello sir 3 year ago I go in chronic depression for 2 months but after that my memory so weak and brain feel heaviness and difficulty in deep breathing and always feel tiredness and laziness but at present I not take any type of tension so why im feel tiredness and laziness please help its so serious.
How do we reduce asthma? I need to take aerocort rotacaps before I go to sleep every day. If I dont take one I have breathing probs in the middle of the night or early morning.
I feel very breathless when I walk and am obese. I have no lung power. Will breathing exercises help? What other treatment will work.
Sir I am suffering from cough. More bulgum feel at my throat. I am suffer since last week. I can't sleep due to cough.
My son is four years old and he is snoring at night due to his enlarged tonsils. I have already gone for the homeopathy treatment but no sign of improvement I am fining. Please suggest me the home remedies for my son.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.