Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin AbhyankarYour feedback matters!
I had sex first time and bleed lil bit after 1 day I started period and stop under a day. After 4 day I started periods when I had my mensuration date. Bleeding was not the cause of hymen break or anything it was just normally bleeding. Is it symptoms of PCOD?
I am suffering from cold nd cough from past years its a allergy prblm from. Allergy im now suffering from sinus totally fed up with cold and phelgum. Please help me out.
I am Diabetic, diagnosed of non drug resistant PTB in 2014 and on AKT4 for 1month and thereafter on R-Cinex 600 and Combutol 1000 till today. For how to know I am free from PTB. Any tests to undergo.
I am suffering from dry cough past two days. I suffer pain in my throat every time I cough. Please suggest me what should I do? Thanks in advance.
I am suffering from dry cough For the last 2 weeks and I have a chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
I have throat infection and can't possible to eat food easily and lot of cough during night time can you please suggest me.
My wife suffered of fibrosarcoma in nasal sinus she went under radio therapy in year 2006 after that her one eye get damaged she feel problem in another eye, though regular treatment is going on she used optive eye drop as per advise of the doctor now suggest what is the better remedy for me.
I am 38 years old. I am suffering with cough only tossex syrup is working. what can I do? Please help me.
1] I have sore throat, cold and cough everytime. And every morning as I get up from my bed, I get up with sore throat and cough accumulated in my throat. What is the solution to get rid of this cold and cough? 2] And also I am over weight. My height is 5'10" and my weight is 85kg. How to control my increasing weight? Any diet plan which will help me to do so? Also I feel difficulty while breathing, I think it may be due to my weight.
Eating Starchy and Sugary food that have a high glycemic index can increase the risk of lung cancer especially among nonsmokers
In a Study of 1905 participants with lung cancer and 2413 healthy controls, those with the highest consumption of high GI food had a 49 percent greater risk for lung cancer.Nonsmokers were more than twice as likely to develop lung cancer if they ate a high glycemic index diet
Good morning sir , I am suffering of cold, cough, and khaasi, I feel difficulty to take breath many times, there is paining in my head.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.