Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N. Patwardhan
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N. PatwardhanYour feedback matters!
I'm a male and I have pimples all over my face so which medicine or any face wash which one should I use?
I m Suffering from fever since 5 days with cough and headache since 3 days. I take medicine from govt hospital. I have hair fall also. Is it due to tension of exam of pg entrance.
I am 21 years old boy. My problem is my beard growth is very slow. Someone advised me to take hormone injections. It is harmful for me?
I am 25 years n I just had my pregnancy but after my delivery (4 months) im experiencing a great hair fall. What should I do to stop my hair fall? Give me some advice n solutions (home remedies too) to my problem.
I have pimples on my face always . Sometime I got white pimple with pus but sometimes pimples cause pain also.Please tell.
Hair transplant has become a boon for many, not only does it bring back the self-esteem of a person, it infuses confidence too. It is a life altering process that requires a thorough investigation. It is, therefore, necessary to make a very informed decision. Here is a bucket list of what is expected out of a hair transplant surgery:
- There may be a little discomfort: The transplant is not going to show results overnight. The process involves transferring hair from one part of the body to the head because of which the donor area and the scalp may remain tender for some time. The new hair takes a little time to grow. At times, doctors prescribe pain medication, anti-inflammatory drugs, and antibiotics. The donor area can become numb and sore. A doctor may suggest wearing a surgical cap on the scalp for a day or two post the surgery.
- There are chances of a second procedure: After seven to eight months of the procedure, all the traces of the surgery would not be traceable. The new hair can be groomed and mixed with the old hair. Most doctors do a review of how the new hair is coming up and whether there is a need for a second surgery to restore the hair. This does not necessarily mean that the first procedure was not successful.
- The scalp might be swollen and insensitive: The scalp might be swollen and sore. The patient might feel a tender as well. In case the transplant area is large, the forehead might swell for the first few weeks after the procedure. Ingrown hair could be spotted here and there but the same is temporary and would soon disappear. One might also expect a reduction in the sensitivity of the scalp. However, the sensitivity issue vanishes on its own after a few weeks.
- Discomfort in the donor area: The donor area might be a little sore for a day or two. The sutures would absorb in a couple of weeks. The numbness takes a while to go. Depending on the degree of healing, it might take 3-4 weeks for the numbness to go away.
- The time of healing varies: Like other physical diseases, the healing time of the scalp and hair re-growth varies from person to person. While some people heal faster, some take more time. It is necessary to continuously follow up with the surgeon.
Choose Your Surgeon Wisely
Even though hair transplant is one of the easiest surgeries in medical science, it has its fair share of complications too. It is, therefore, very important to choose the right surgeon with good credentials. To avoid risks of infection and re-surgery, it makes sense to speak to the surgeon and set the expectation straight right from the word go.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!