Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. N AmbekarYour feedback matters!
Tell all the vegetables and fruits that a kidney disease person should eat. please in briefly. Thank you.
My son has 6mm stone near ureter in right kidney. He is suffering from pains since last 7 days. He is using gokshuradi guggul & varunadi kwath. Will you suggest to pass the immediate.
I am 78 years old. I have undergone spleenoctomy for ITP in 187 I have taken steroids for few months before & few months after spleenoctomy as platelet count had not improved after spleenactomy. I am having border line hypertension & taking regular medication for it apart from Pentid 88 for lifetime prescribed by doctor after spllenactomy. My kidney functions are also declined & I was dignosised & treated kidney failure. Though the medications were stopped after improvement in blood urea & blood creatinine counts had come to normal level. However I am on strict diet of of total avoidance of non veg food, sprouted beens all pulses, banana, tender coconut all type of painkillers etc. I am also suffering from UTI & taking treatment for the same. I have tested my bone density which is -2. I am taking regular exercise of walking & some yogasanas However since last one year I am having severe pains in my hip joints & pelvic regions while walking & in the morning after rising from bed which are increasing day by day. I cannot think of any surgery due to very low platelet count of upto 50000 only. I am afraid whether I may be forced to stop walking exercise after few days & will not be able to maintain my health. IOs it possible for me to walk without pains without joint replacement surgery.
I have no any problem I went for medical fitness test. Doctors have told me that you have 7 mm stone in your right kidney. Then I went for CT IVP. In CT IVP there is no radio dense calculus is seen. 15.2×14. 6 mm sized cortical cyst is seen in the mid pole of kidney. Both adrenal glands are normal. Both kidney are normal size, shape and architecture. They show normal contrast uptake and excretion. The cortical medullary pattern appears normal. No evidence of hydronephrosis. Peri renal spaces and pera renal fascias appear normal. No radio dense calculus is seen. Both ureters are normal in course, calibre and wall thickness. IMPRESSION: *Left simple cortical renal cyst. *Right? Partial PUJ Obstruction/extra renal pelvis (more likely, a normal variant) *Mild splenomegaly. *Faecal loaded colon. Please advice me this CT IVP report tells normal or not. Right now my health is good. I have no any medical problem. This test is required only for medical fitness test.
I have stones in liver 10 mm in size, age 52, diabetic, and also having stones in kidney 6, 5.5 mm in size. Dose I need surgery or medication is sufficient to cure.
What is PUJ obstruction? my cousin diagnosed with it when she was 19 and due to which her right kidney was removed. Now she is 27. Will there be any problem in future? can she marry? will there be any problem during pregnancy and delivery? Thanks.
We are newly married couple and had a safe sex with my husband but now I am facing lot of pain and itchiness in my vaginal walls and vaginal opening. Facing lot of issues in sitting at one place and doing work which is effecting my professional life as well. Unless I go and wash vaginal opening properly with hygienic wash I can not be relaxed. Also, in a day normally I used to urinate for 4-5 times a day max but now it has been increased to almost 10 times a day therefore while urinating it pains as well. Please suggest something to cure it. Thanks.
I am 20year old female I am suffering from UTI and I am using citralka and norflox but no improvement can you suggest any medicine.
I have 4 stone in my left kidney. 15, 20 22 size of stone in mm. And I have already a kidney surgery for stone illness before one year ago. But I have facing the same problem again.
A kidney stone is a hard crystal-like material or growth that is formed inside the kidney or the urinary tract. The medical term for this condition is nephrolithiasis. Here are a few natural ways by which you can get rid of kidney stones without having them removed surgically:
- Lemon juice and olive oil: This remedy says that blending five spoons of olive oil with five spoons of lemon juice can be beneficial. Drink this mix on an empty stomach and after that drink a glass of water. You need to mix this potion and drink it straight first thing in the morning and again in the late evening. Make sure to drink a lot of water too. Proceed with this treatment for a few days until the stone passes through your urine. It is believed that the lemon juice could separate the kidney stones and the olive oil would help in providing grease for passing the stone all the more effectively.
- Pomegranate Juice: We have all heard that pomegranates have numerous medical advantages. Further, the seeds of pomegranates can be viewed as another characteristic solution for kidney stones. One can have pomegranate juice in order to handle kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is made of citrus extract that could help in dissolving kidney stones and help the body pass the stones more effortlessly. What is more, it is trusted that apple cider vinegar helps in the avoidance of kidney stones in the first place by neutralising the impact on blood and urine and keep the kidney stones from advancing. This home cure prescribes that blending two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with six to eight spoons of water and drinking the blend every now and again for the duration of the day, and particularly before dinner times will end up breaking up kidney stones.
- Natural Celery: Celery is a leafy vegetable and celery seeds are great kidney tonics. Customary usage of celery seed, as a flavour or as a tea, may improve the kidney stone problem.
- Coke and asparagus: Basic home solutions for kidney stones includes drinking a lot of Coke and tailing it up by eating a half-pound of steamed asparagus. Supporters of this technique propose that the phosphoric corrosive found in Coke helps in dissolving the kidney stones. Asparagus is used as a diuretic. Coke alone will dehydrate you, which is not ideal in case you are experiencing kidney stones.
- Uva Ursi: Uva Ursi is a very natural remedy for kidney stones. Not just will it battle off disease in the kidneys, however, it might also lessen pain and improve the health of the urinary tract. 500mg three times each day is prescribed for kidney stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.