Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Medha OkaYour feedback matters!
My child is crying continuously and she had dry and painful stools and very little urination. What to do.
Hello, I am father of 7 months old baby. Last week she got cold and cough. We went to pediatrician. He wrote medicine, There was not any visible effect. At the sometime, we can now see little blood in her stool.
Hello sir or madam my daughter felt from standing active and her head has some swelling bur now she has no swelling she had vomiting after 3 hours no blood in ear and nose have asked the some question like school name class teacher name tution madam name is there any serious issues BUT NOW IS 24 hours HAS COMPLETE SHE IS EATING WELL PLAYING WELL NO VOMITING IS TILL THE NOW I HAS ASKED ONY YEAR QUESTION SHE GAVE ME RIGHT answer NO PAIN BUT WHEN I PRESSED SHE HAVE SWELLING ONLY little BIT swelling IS THAT GUD ANY serious issue IS THERE.
2 years old baby last one he had stomach pain, we consulted Doctor, they tell to take scan, after seen scan report they said "left renal pelvis mildly dilated AP-17 mm. Left renal cortical thickness-13 mm" Impression: 1) LEFT HYDRONEPHROSIS, 2) CYSTITIS, and they said to take cultural test. So please suggest and give what the problem is and which Dr. to consult.
Sir, my 4 year old son suffering from calcium (hypocalcimia - kenny-caffey) and he was given rocaltrol 0. 25mcg (calcitrol capsules) every day. Is there any treatment to come over this problem ? Is it required to continue this medicine throughout his life period.
Hi my age is 45 I have broncholitis problem form many years. Initially I went to ENT he gave me steroids. After that I gained weight. I am doing daily exercise still my weight is not reduced up to my expedition I want both advise for my bronchiolities and weight reduction.
For the last one month my 5 years old daughter has been complaining of stomach ache but nothing serious or acute. Buy last 3 days she is having fever and refusing to eat. Though fever has reduced today but she is not eating and complaining of stomach ache n legs pain. Doctor has advised to give drotin ds suspension if she had acute pain in stomach but she says it not too much but refuses to eat or drink as she says her stomach pain. Should I giv the medicine. Pls help. She is restless for 3 nights. Crying and waking up.
Coughing is a common problem of the respiratory tract and often indicates a deeper problem. It can be very irritating and can affect eating habits and socialization. A cough which persists for more than 4 weeks is believed to be chronic in nature. Tuberculosis (TB) is the most common cause of chronic cough in India. TB is an airborne bacterial infection caused by the organism, 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis', that primarily affects the lungs, although other organs and tissues may be involved. Cardinal features are:
- Chronic cough with or without sputum.
- Fever more in the night time.
- Poor appetite.
- Unintentional weight loss.
Read on to know about other common causes of chronic cough and how to manage them.
- Allergies: People with allergies usually have a chronic cough, which gets aggravated when exposed to the allergens such as pollen or environmental dust. Staying away from allergen provides relief. Antihistamines are also useful, which most people detected with allergies keep in handy. Inhalers might be required, if there is associated congestion or shortness of breath.
- Asthma: This is a very common chronic condition, caused by inflammation and swelling of the lungs, in addition to wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma patients often suffer from a chronic cough. An asthma attack usually happens during the night or early morning, and is triggered by colds, cigarette smoke, air pollutants or allergens, which can even include certain foods. Most asthmatics usually carry their steroids, inhalers, and bronchodilators, as the onset of attack can be unpredictable.
- Bronchitis: This condition of inflammation of the bronchial region is very common among smokers and among the elderly. There is excessive mucus accumulation, which the body tries to clear via coughing. The lungs are weakened and therefore, the coughing is painful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a problem of the digestive system, but regurgitation of food into the airway induces cough. GERD is a chronic issue and so most people also end up with a chronic cough. It is worse with sitting up than with sitting down. Treatment includes H2 blockers to suppress acid production and dietary changes including small, frequent meals and avoiding spicy food items.
- Upper airway cough syndrome: There could be multiple problems in the upper airway, which leads to a constant postnasal drip. Here, there is constant dripping of the sputum into the air passage, which can lead to a chronic cough whenever there is impaired air flow. This can be caused by various forms of chronic sinusitis and rhinitis. People diagnosed with this condition usually resort to antihistamines and decongestants for relief.
- Other causes: There are a number of other causes as noted below. Smoking, tuberculosis, congestive heart failure, pertussis or whooping cough, foreign body in the airway, cancer in the airway passage, chronic aspiration of foods, etc. can all lead to chronic cough.
The key is to identify the reason that is causing the chronic cough. Most people who are diagnosed are educated to handle it and carry the required medications including steroids, bronchodilators, and inhalers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My son is 5 years old and is on a restricted to take milk these days for last 4 months due to abdominal ache and loose stools after milk uptake. He is only 14.9 kgs, 3.5 feet and lean and thin in structure, please advice a proper diet to improve his muscles, weight and health.
My son is 5 years old and he has white blood cell count is 15800 and s. G. P. T is 50. 4. What does this mean. What will be the deaseas?
Age of my child is 21 month, and problem of he had a lot of pain when he is doing potty. He is doing very dry potty so that's why he feel lot of pain, and the area of the potty the cut during potty. Please give me suggestions.?
I am Dr. my 6 year old boy his cavity problem last six months he was eating chocolate daily What should I do for him.
My little daughter (2 years 10 month old) dos not want to take any kind of food every time she want to take mother's milk, please give us some advice.
My daughter suffered from vomiting feeling in morning always when get up early. She feels very uncomfortable and denied to eat anything. Please suggest me.
What a mother should expect about baby's hair growth.?
Every baby is special in his own way. Some are bald beauties and some have heaps of hair. Hair density mostly depends upon the genetic makeup of the baby. In the initial six months of life, babies hair tend to fall. Some may become totally bald and may not show any growth for some time.This is completely normal. Most babies show new hair growth between 9 months to 12 months of life. Almost all babies have growth till their second birthday. The colour and texture of the hair may vary from that present at birth. Curly hair can be replaced by straight hair. And thick dense hair can be replaced by thinner and sparse hair.
How to wash my baby's hair?
With newborn babies, In the early days the best way to wipe their hair is with a sponge. Support your baby's shoulders and head, which again should be tilted slightly, and gently pat the wet and warm sponge over the hair until it is sufficiently clean.
After 4-5 weeks in young babies use a small amount of baby shampoo on your baby's hair. Softly rub in a circular motion, and then use a plastic cup or your hand to rinse off the shampoo.
Always be gentle whenever you message a tearless baby shampoo into your baby's scalp. A too-brisk scalp massage can force hair follicles and speed up hair loss or breakage.
How often should I wash my baby's hair?
You should never wash your baby's hair everyday. Particularly with the newborns, there's just no requirement. Once, twice or on need basis baby's hairs can be washed. Instead of washing it every day, gently wipe it with a sponge daily to remove any dirt and fresh your baby up.
Which shampoo should I use?
Always use tearless nourishing natural ingredients shampoos. During first month try to avoid shampoo. Tearless shampoo can even hurt, avoid spillage in eyes. Adult shampoos should be avoided as it contains chemicals that can be toxic to the baby.
Will shaving head improve my babies hair growth?
Shaving your baby's head does not improve the hair growth. The hair just looks healthier with the dried, scraggly ends removed