Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Medha Oka
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Medha OkaYour feedback matters!
My baby is 3 months old and sometimes makes sound while breathing. Especially after she cries or while taking top feed. Deep impressions between stomach and rib cage while breathing. Visited three paeditrition. All confirmed that it is normal. Can you please help.
My niece has reached precocious puberty at 9 age. I heard early puberty increases the risk of stunted height and breast cancer. How to counter this possibility? And what food-related measures should be taken? Can girls eat papaya during puberty?
My son (105 days) is suffering from CHD (congenital heart disease) his VSD is 6 mm & ASD is 4 mm also has pulmonary valve stenosis. His surgery is recommended by AIIMS-Delhi & surgery is expected in coming months. My question is about his blue symptoms on face while crying & feeding. Should I wait till surgery or do I need to visit any other hospital immediately. He also face problem in breathing while taking bath. Please guide for needful. Thanks.
I have a daughter who is 8.5 years old. Actually her problem is that she does not want to eat and she is underweight. Whatever she eats she eats with water. What should I do sir?
My Daughter is 10 months old on doctors advice had done CRP test which result is 7.64 higher than normal range and started antibiotic from 25 evening Monocef D twice and she is having fever of 101 degree for this giving medicine MEFTAL-P every six hours but after six hours she is having again fever. Is this treatment ok or need to consult other doctor?
I'm at 18 my bmi is nearly 18 and I am felling very bad when face new person. So tell me how can I improve my health.
Many women develop uterine fibroids by the time they hit the age of 50 years and above. These are non-cancerous growths that may occur in the uterus. Most women go through severe bleeding and pain as well as discomfort as a result of these fibroids. Age, family history of the same condition, obesity or being overweight, eating habits and even ethnicity play a large role in deciding the risk of each individual patient. These fibroids can grow in the submucosal, intramural and subserosal areas.
Following are the common side effects of uterine fibroids:
- Frequent urination: Due to the pressure of the fibroids on the uterus, the patient may experience a constant feeling of fullness in the lower pelvic area of the body, which may lead to frequent filling of the bladder. This gives rise to frequent trips to the washroom for urination.
- Heavy Bleeding: Severe bleeding is one of the most common causes of the presence of these kinds of fibroids. The patient may experience a lot of bleeding during menstrual periods, as well as pain and cramps the rest of the time. The periods will also be very painful when there are fibroids in the uterus or the uterine lining.
- Painful Intercourse: It is a well-known fact that any kind of infection or growth as well as sores and other such ailments can lead to vaginal dryness as well as pain during sexual intercourse. This is true for uterine fibroids as well, which can lead to severe pain during sexual activity. These fibroids can also give rise to pain in the lumbar or lower back region.
- Abdomen Swelling: The abdomen may go through significant swelling in such a condition and the patient may even look like she is pregnant. The growth can push the shape of the abdomen outwards and create a full feeling.
- Pregnancy Complications: The presence of uterine fibroids can give rise to several complications during pregnancy and even after child birth. One of the most common problems in this case is bleeding, followed by more severe outcomes like miscarriage. The women suffering from uterine fibroids are at greater risk of undergoing a caesarean section for the delivery of the baby. The baby may also be born breech and a premature delivery may take place.
- Infertility: This is also a rare side effect of the uterine fibroids and is generally seen only in very severe cases.
- Cancer: Only one in every 1000 cases might transform into malignant tumours. These uterine fibroids are generally known to be non-malignant.
Any symptoms must be reported to a gynaecologist at the earliest to avoid any serious complications.