Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Maria PatilYour feedback matters!
I have completed menopause -- I have gone without a period for more than 1 year, and now today I noticed a small blood clot. I do not have any other symptoms of ill health, now what do I do? Please suggest me sir.
I am 8 months pregnant now, that is 34 weeks pregnant, I had tiffa scanning on my 31st week, and it that report they mentioned placenta is anterior grade ll, what is its meaning, can I know the gender of baby through this. Please let me know asap, thanks & regards.
My period is 3 days late and white fluid is coming out sometimes more sometimes less, it is sign of pregnancy?
Eating healthy and maintaining a happy number on the weighing scale is stuff that dreams are made of - or so you thought! It is never too late to get on to the weight loss bandwagon in case you have a few extra pounds that you are not too proud of. But the concern is how to get rid of the pesky extra kilos in a smooth sailing and effortless manner?
Well, that's easy - take these diet ideas and lose weight effortlessly even as you eat healthy!
- Shop Right: Get nutrition right by first of all shopping right. When you fill your kitchen and pantry with healthy food, remember that good food choices will automatically follow you. So, ditch the packaged food and go for fresh ingredients that can help you cook up a storm even as you get aromatic and rich homemade flavours, right on your table. And remember there is nothing better than the satisfaction of a home cooked meal at the end of the day. Throw in some organic grains, put out the brown bread, and get yourself some fresh tasting ingredients to make a pasta sauce from scratch or prepare a salad dressing in a matter of minutes.
- Smaller Crockery: Are you guilty of overeating? The real culprit might just be your crockery - or rather, its size. Try taking on smaller portions with smaller bowls and plates. This will ensure that you take smaller heapfuls by default, and before you know it, your stomach will be full!
- Smaller Meals, Bigger Effect: You may have heard this being said many times, but it is true. The trick is to pace your metabolism and throw small quantities at it, so that it is easier to break the food down faster. Take at least five to six meals in a day and watch how soon your tummy starts to shape up and lose its flab.
- Mental Hunger: Hungry for a snack and ravenously so? Well, it may be time to tackle that pesky mental hunger. Begin by taking a few glasses of water and then give yourself a few nuts like almonds as well as some raisins. Keep these kinds of snacks handy so that you can pass your time when you are bored or even anxious, without overeating and putting on excessive kilos.
- Vegetables and Fruit: A good dose of fibre can help in tightening your contours because these digestive fibres are well known for flushing toxins out of your system and breaking down the food really fast!
So get on the effective diet bandwagon and banish those fad diets from your menu, today! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
Summer is at its peak and the mercury level is rising by a notch every day. The scorching sun gives even more reasons to constantly hunt for some cooling and soothing foods which can comfort us. It is the time of year when you get dehydrated easily due to excess sweat and perspiration and that's the time when you want to reach out for something cold like sodas, beverages or even cold water. This is where we go wrong because anything extremely low in temperature can actually constrict our blood vessels and affect the heat loss process in our body. Here are a few tips you need to keep in mind to keep yourself cool:
- Increase your water intake: In high humidity conditions, you do not sweat adequately due to which you cannot release heat efficiently from your body. That is the reason why you need to drink enough water at regular intervals even if you are not thirsty to cool your system.
- Have eatables high in water content: Eat a lot of fresh fruits, raw salads and lightly spiced foods. Fruits and veggies are easy to digest and high in water content and hence help in hydration. Avoid fried and junk foods as they take time to digest and require a lot of water. Spicy foods can also increase body heat.
- Grab naturally cooling drinks: Drink naturally cooling beverages like coconut water, lemon juice, buttermilk and sugarcane juice, etc. Rather than aerated soft drinks, caffeine, and alcoholic beverages as they contain sugar and other preservatives which act as diuretics and can cause loss of water from the body. You can add sabja (tulsi seeds) to drinks as it has a cooling effect on the body.
- Have curd: Curd is excellent as it increases friendly bacteria in the gut and improves digestion and boosts immunity.
- Include veggies in diet: Add veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, spinach, beet etc to add to the extra water in your diet.
- Small meals: avoid heavy meals at one time as it can cause acidity and affect digestion. Rather eat small meals to feel light and keep your system active.
- Don't forget raw mango: In the summer season, raw mango is a special fruit and is extremely good to prevent sunstrokes and weakness. Raw mango juice also known as aam panna can help balance electrolytes in the body. You can also have raw mango in any form like adding it in bhel, salads or making a dish out of it.
You can divide your day's meals as per regular timings like:
Breakfast: 2-3 fresh fruits (this can help to neutralize your stomach acids and make you feel light and active as they are natural sources of energy).
- Mid morning: a glass of buttermilk/ coconut water (to refresh you).
- Lunch: salads + 1-2 rotis + veggies + thin dals (you can add or subtract the rotis as per your appetite and requirement).
- Evening: fruit yoghurt/fruit smoothie (they are filling, nourishing and cooling).
- Dinner: stir fried veggies/ chilled soups + grilled chicken/ steamed fish/ low fat paneer/ tofu + jaljeera/ lemon juice (to keep your dinner light and help you wake up afresh).
Stick to the plan and stay cool this summer!
I have eaten omellete unknowingly while I am trying to conceive a baby. Now I am pretty scared due to it. Please suggest me if I should take some precautions. My medicines are also in routine for my wisdom tooth ache. Please reply asap.
Hi doctor please help me out with this, I am not getting sleep from on week it's been 6 days I dint sleep, and more over I am planning to conceive a baby becoz of this problem I am scared weather I'll get pregnant or not ! And I am very disturbed with out sleep please tell me some tipd.
रोजमर्रा की जिन्दगी में सेक्स को अब एक आम बात माना जाने लगा है। युगल दिन भर के अन्य कामों की तरह ही रात को बिस्तर में हमबिस्तर होते हैं लेकिन इस तरह से जैसे यह भी कोई काम है जिसे करना जरूरी है।
इस तरह की क्रिया से सेक्स के प्रति रूचि कम होने लगती है और एक वक्त ऎसा भी आता है जब पति पत्नी के मध्य सेक्स की क्रिया नहीं के बराबर हो पाती है। यदा-कदा अगर ऎसा होता भी है तो इस क्रिया में वो आनन्द और मजा नहीं आता जिसकी चाह हर औरत और पुरूष को रहती है।आम तौर पर युवाओं में आजकल सेक्स के प्रति अरूचि होने के समाचार ज्यादा मिलते हैं। इसकी एक वजह जहां तनाव भरी जिन्दगी है वहीं दूसरी ओर इस कार्य को करने की जानकारी का अभाव है। अक्सर युगल रात को हमबिस्तर होते वक्त एक ही क्रिया से सेक्स करते हैं जिससे इस काम में आनन्द का अभाव महसूस होता है। हाल ही में एक सर्वे से यह साबित हुआ है कि अपनी सेक्स लाइफ को दिलचस्प और मनोरंजन बनाने के लिए सेक्स वीडियो या पोर्न फिल्मों को देखना चाहिए। इस वीडियोज और फिल्मों के जरिए रचनात्मकता के साथ सेक्स करने की प्रेरणा मिलती है। सबसे अहम बात यह है कि पोर्न वीडियो को सिर्फ मनोरंजन के लिए मत देखें, यदि आप उससे कुछ सीखने के प्रयास करेंगे, तो आपकी लव लाइफ बेहतरीन हो जाएगी।कई युगल ऎसे होते हैं, जो एक साथ बैठकर पोर्न फिल्में या पोर्न तस्वीरें देखने में झिझकते हैं। चाहे भले ही उनकी शादी को कई साल क्यों न हो गए हों। आम तौर पर महिलाएं ऎसे वीडियो या तस्वीरें देखने से झिझकती हैं। लेकिन सही मायने में ऎसा करने से सेक्स के प्रति भूख बढती है और सेक्स की इच्छा ज्यादा हो जाती है।वीडियो या पोर्न फिल्में एक साथ देखने से आप अपने पार्टनर के साथ ज्यादा खुल सकेंगे। इन्हें देखने के बाद आप सेक्स के नए तरीके इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं। यही नहीं यदि आपके साथी को चरम सीमा तक पहुंचने में देर लगती है, तो पोर्न वीडियो इस मामले में कारगर साबित हो सकते हैं।यदि आपकी पार्टनर पोर्न तस्वीरें नहीं देखना चाहती है, तो अच्छा होगा कि आप उसे वीडियो दिखाएं। उन्हें ऎसे वीडियो दिखाएं जिसमें çस्त्रयों के एक्शन ज्यादा हों। इससे आपकी पार्टनर भी क्रियाएं बदल-बदल कर सेक्स करने में सहयोग करेगी और आपकी सेक्स लाइफ जिसमें रिक्तता महसूस होने लगी उसमें फिर से क्रियाशीलता आएगी।
When we have to do sex to avoid pregnancy with women. How many after periods we have to do sex to avoid pregnancy.
I have irregular periods. My last date of period is 16-5-2016. After taking susten 200 mg tablet my periods are came on 9-7-2016 but it was only for 1 and 1/2 day. I do urine pregnancy test at home but it shows negative. Is it a sign of pregnancy because I try for pregnancy from last one year. My lower abdomen is also change. Please suggest me what should I do.
We must have always heard that maida (white flour) and products made from it are very harmful for our health. However, use of maida its products usage is increasing rapidly in our day-to-day life. Sometimes, we are consuming it in form of bread at our home and sometimes, in the market/food joints in form of fast foods.
Known as white poison, white flour is becoming necessity for all of us but it impacts our health drastically. It is very important to understand why it is bad and how much it can harm us so that we can improve our eating habits.
What is missing in maida (white flour: during processing of maida from wheat, endosperm of the wheat is removed from the germ (wheat germ) and the bran (wheat bran), which is very crucial for digestion. As all necessary nutrients are lost during processing of maida, foods made from it utilize nutrients from the body for absorption. As a result, our body gets depleted of vitamins and minerals. Few manufacturers attract customers by labeling their products as enriched flour, which is nothing, but adding 3-4 vitamins at the cost of 10 lost vitamins during processing.
White flour is tasty but not healthy: though foods made from maida like pizza, burger, donuts, bread, samosas, noodles, momos, panipuri, pastas etc are very tempting and tasty however, at the same time, consequences can not be ignored.
White flour regulates glucose/sugar in your body: whenever you consume foods that are made from maida, it releases sugar into your bloodstream quickly. Because of high glycemic index (gi) of maida, it spikes up your sugar levels. To match up with the sugar spike, pancreas has to over work to release insulin in sufficient quantity. If maida consumption is once in a while then pancreas can manage it however, in case of frequent consumption, insulin production will reduce gradually, finally making you diabetic.
As glucose loiters into your blood, it gets attached to proteins, which is called glycation which cause inflammation in the body and leads to many diseases like arthritis, cataract, heart diseases and the list goes on.
Eating maida also raises bad cholesterol (ldl) resulting many health issues like weight gain, high blood pressure, mood swings. Too much consumption of white flour its products leads to weight gain and you will soon progress toward obesity. Also, it keeps you feel hungry and makes you crave for sweets.
White flour is acidic: acidity is another problem. During refining process, all nutrients are removed and it becomes acidic in nature. As per research, diet high in acidic foods (e.g. Pizza, pasta, burger other white flour products) forces the body to pull calcium from bones to keep the things even, which affects bone density. Over-acidity is one of the major causes of chronic inflammation, and a major cause of arthritis and other chronic illnesses.
White flour creates digestive issues: white flour has been called the & glue of the gut. In today's world, so much food is made from white flour: breakfast food, snacks, pasta, bread, cereal and the list just continues. And it all turns to glue in the intestines. It is without fiber, it congests the system, slows down digestion creating a sluggish metabolism, and can often be the cause of weight gain, stress, headaches and migraines.
Follow these alternatives: for better health in longer run, you should completely avoid consuming white flour foods made from it. Instead, you can use some alternatives like for samosa, use wheat flour. For naan, mix one portion of millets (like jowar bajra) flour with wheat flour. Opt bread, noodles, pasta and macaroni made of wheat flour, which are easily available in food stores.
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension: 778)
Sir I am man. But I have my chest nipples like women when I run it becomes normal like man but only for five minutes after that it again turns into like girls nipples.
I am 25 year old. I had a stoke of seizure in Jan-16 and my neurologist put me under medication of Levera XR 750 (once a day). As per him, these tablets are to be continued for 2 years. Then I tried to conceive in Aug-16 but had to abort as recommended by my gums due to absence of heart beat after 3 weeks. Now again I am planning to conceive and already taking COR-3 and Ecosprin-75. Now on recommendation by going, I am starting fertile F instead of Ecosprin-75. Is it safe to have Levera XR 750 during pregnancy. Pls. Note that my blood group is O negative and had Anti-D dose during abortion of previous pregnancy. Pls. Advice, is all these are enough to avoid any complications again?
My mother aged 45 had a problem of heavy period bleeding after which she consulted a gynae and she gave her primolut n medicine which controlled the condition. Few days back consulted another gynaecologist. She wrote some tests such as pelvic ultrasound, pap smear, endometrial biopsy .the results of the tests came clear. Only ultrasound shown bulky uterus with small fibroids and level of prolactin serum high .after which she suggested some vitamin medicines and said to continue primolut n only from 5th day of month. She stopped taking primolut. And after 2-3 days again the problem of abdomen pain and bleeding is happening. Please help and suggest some solution immediately.
World Health Day - 7-Apr'17
The theme of the day is: Depression: Let’s Talk.
Depression- Common symptoms:
- Feelings of sadness/low feeling.
- Sleep disturbance
- Decreased appetite.
- Not interested in daily activities.
- Lack of intrest in surrounding.
- Decreased decision power.
- Guilt feeling,,feeling worthless.
- depression can lead to suicidal tendencies, commonly in adolescent and young adults. As well as in-old people .
- Due to social stigma less than 50% of of DEPRESSION Patients seek medical help.
Remember Depression can be treated with modern medicines and supportive measures like exercise/yoga/pranayam/medication/psychotherapy.