Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Maria Patil
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Maria PatilYour feedback matters!
I have pcod. I feel I am preg now with symptoms of vomiting and belly. But my urine and scan shows negative. How 2 detect my preg correctly and if its cryptic pregnancy thn how 2 find my baby.
Living with a renal transplant constantly exposes you to the risk of organ rejection. Although it might sound scary, it usually happens because the medication needs to be tuned according to the requirements of your body. A change in medication usually solves the problem of a possible rejection, and a rejection becomes less likely if it doesn't happen within a year of the transplant. Some obvious signs of rejection are a pain on the region of transplant, fever, change in weight or low urine discharge.
The causes behind a renal rejection vary on the basis of the type of rejection that takes place. Here are three different types of renal rejection and their causes:
- Hyperacute Rejection - Hyperacute rejection occurs within 24 hours of the transplant. It can have an immediate effect and occurs as the existing antibodies act against the grafted material, causing irreversible destruction. The immune system may recognize it as a foreign body and destroy it. Hyperacute rejection is common for patients who have received multiple blood transfusions or have suffered from transplant rejection earlier. The tissue must be removed immediately before it becomes fatal for the recipient. This type of rejection can generally be avoided if the doctors type or match both the receiver and the organ donor. The organ is less likely to be rejected if there are similar antigens between donor and receiver.
- Acute Rejection - Acute rejection generally occurs after the first week of transplantation. Acute rejection is common in most recipients. Since a perfect match of antigens is rare to find, except in the case of identical twins, some amount acute rejection occurs in the case of all recipients. It can cause complications like bleeding and inflammation. The risk of acute rejection is highest in the first three months of the transplant.
- Chronic Rejection - Chronic rejection occurs months later after the transplantation. This happens over time when the immune system of the body reacts against the transplanted tissue and slowly damages the organ. In such a case, the kidneys can suffer from scarring or fibrosis and damaged blood vessels.
Tip: 5 Benefits of Lasik Surgery?
If my partner gets less mc after doing sex. And she also took i-pill tablet after having sex. Soo is there any chances of having pregnancy or is everything normal. Reply me.
I m 29 yrs old and married. Suffering from pcod for last 8 yrs. Treatment also taken, but there is no good result. Please tell me what to do.
Hello, I am not getting my MCs on time, I have already consulted many Gynech and had many treatments but I still have irregular MCs, I get my periods while I m under some treatment and then again the same problem continues as the course gets completed. I am bit worried because I think that due to this problem I m gaining more weight even though I have limited diet. I got my last MC in the month of dec. Please help me out with this. Thanks.
- Pollen Allergies: What You Need to Know
- Dandelion blowing in the breeze
- Pollen is the most common cause of allergic rhinitis.
- Pollen is microscopic in size.
- Pollen from trees, grasses and weeds is easily windblown and known to cause allergies.
What is pollen?
Pollen refers to the tiny egg-shaped male cells of flowering plants, including trees, grasses and weeds. Pollen is microscopic in size. It is the most common cause of seasonal allergic rhinitis, sometimes known as hay fever.
Which plants produce pollen that cause allergic reactions?
- Plants that have powdery granules of pollen that are easily blown by the wind include:
- Trees, such as oak, western red cedar, elm, birch, ash, hickory, poplar, sycamore, maple, cypress, walnut, catalpa, olive and pecan
- Grasses, such as Timothy, Johnson, Bermuda, orchard, sweet vernal, red top and some blue grasses
- Weeds, such as ragweed, sagebrush, pigweed, tumbleweed, Russian thistle and cockle weed
- Most flowering plants, such as roses, have heavier, waxy pollens that are not as easily windblown.
When is pollen season?
Each plant has a pollen season. It usually starts in the spring but may begin as early as January in the southern areas of the United States. The season usually lasts until November.
About 45 million Americans suffer from environmental allergies. Dr. Sandra Lin, a Johns Hopkins otolaryngologist (ENT) and allergy expert, answers some of the most commonly asked questions about treating environmental allergies.
Can allergic rhinitis in pollen season be prevented?
- To lessen the effects of allergic rhinitis during pollen season, the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology suggests the following:
- Keep windows closed at night and use air conditioning, which cleans, cools and dries the air.
- Minimize outdoor activities early in the morning (between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m.) when pollen is most prevalent.
- Keep car windows closed when traveling.
- Take a vacation to an area where pollen is not as prevalent, such as the ocean.
- Take the medications prescribed by your doctor.
- Don't spend much time outdoors when the pollen count is high.
- Don't rake leaves during pollen season.
- If you are allergic to grass, wear a mask or have someone else mow the lawn.
- Don't hang bedding or clothing outside to dry.