Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manish UnnithanYour feedback matters!
One of my friend suffering or hair loss since from 5 years. & now he don't even having a single hair on her whole body Why so? What's this problem? Do he have any treatment? Help him please.
I am suffering from hair problem. My hair have become tough and continues falling. How should I do? I do not' use any shampoo.
Please tell about how to stop hair falling and grow again of the head my head here fall like w shape internally.
I am almost 30 years still single and a working woman. I have lot of hair loss. My hair volume is very less. Please suggest me how can I control hair fall and re-grow.
Lybrate | Dr. Aliya Palmeira speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
My face colour is getting dark day y day which cream should I use. Which will not effect to my face. Help me out.
My sister is only 25 years old and just by now she has got most of her hairs turned grey. Thus phenomenon had started with her nearly three years ago slowly. But all of a sudden in recently her hairs have started greying in large numbers and rapidly. What can probably be the cause for this? How can this greying be controlled henceforth? Till now she has had no massive illness and had never undergone an operation.
Dear Sir. I am 21 years old. I am having acne on skin and also few dents on the skin. Please suggest me any medicine to reduce it.
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can you please help me with this?
I am 25 year old male suffering from lipoma from 20 years have shown to many allopathic doctors they said there is no cure only operation to remove lipoma but its not advisable by them as in many cases it has increased the lipoma in places where operation is done.
Sensitive skin can make life miserable. Factors, such as environmental and climatic changes, certain beauty products and medications can affect individuals with sensitive skin. There may be skin inflammation, irritation, rashes, redness, dryness and flakiness. The extent of the sensitive reaction can vary from one individual to another. In many cases, it has been observed that sensitive skin appears to be thinner than the normal skin. Thus, people with such delicate skin type need to be extra careful. Do not try self medication. It will make things worse. Always seek an expert advice. A dermatologist knows what is best for your skin.
People with sensitive skin need to follow some basic skin care regimes:
- It is very important to keep a sensitive skin hydrated and moisturised all the time. A dehydrated skin not only appears tighter, but also results in extreme skin dryness and irritation. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily. It is very important to flush out the toxins and maintain the alkaline skin pH. Avoid taking very hot water or ice baths. The extreme temperatures will do your skin more harm than good. A warm water bath is an excellent option. Apply generous amounts of moisturiser, whenever your skin feels dry and itchy.
- It is best to avoid products that are harsh on your skin. Consult a dermatologist before using products containing alpha hydroxyl acids. These are strong acids and their application can lead to skin irritation and rashes. It is a healthy practice to keep your skin clean. However, not all soaps are suitable for sensitive skin. Soaps (strong alkali) are a big no. It is best to use a medicated soap, specially formulated for sensitive skin. To cleanse your face, use a mild (soap free) face wash or a cleanser.
- For people with sensitive skin, it is best not to experiment with the skin care products. Play it safe, stick to the brands you have been using for long. Certain beauty products are strongly fragranced. These can trigger severe skin and allergic reactions. Lanolin, artificial mineral oil and alcohol containing products are no better. It is best to use natural and herbal skin care products.
- Do not use cosmetics and beauty products beyond a certain period of time. Face powders, silicone based foundations, sunscreen (titanium oxide or zinc oxide based) are best for sensitive skin. These products are known to be less harsh and thus have little or no side effects.
- Before using any products, know the ingredients and chemicals that goes into its manufacture.
Related Tip: "Acne and Breakouts: Skin Care and Prevention"