Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Manish. S. BhatiaYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old female I am having lump in right side of my breast and it has increase in size! I don't have any pain in it the lump can move every where in breast. It is movable. Is it cancerous or non cancerous?
There is any risk of cancer if someone has used someone else razor for shave provided both don't have cancer.
I'm 30 year old woman, my both breasts have pain for 1 year, and also those are differ in sizes. What should I do?
How can one check if they have breast cancer or not? What are the symptoms? Could you please explain it in detail?
Hello doctor, Actually from last 4-5 days my right side breast is paining when I checked I found ball type thing in my breast side and it's paining can you please tell me it's a symptoms of breast cancer or something else. Kindly advice .thank you.
How to prevent from cancer which precautions should we take's Should we use plastic bottles for drinking water?
Feeling pain in breast on both side and also feel pain in under arms of left side from few months I have examine by self everything is ok but still I feel pain.
I am in 3rd stage of CA cancer. Have gone through 4 chemotherapy treatment but their is no change. Doctors suggested me for operation. But they are not giving any assurance for the operation. Can you please help me out.
What is the advantage of hormone therapy after the operation and radiation treatment for breast cancer. How many years hormone therapy required? How do check growth of cancer cell in breast after hormone treatment.
What are the symptoms of blood cancer and what are the precautions to prevent yourself from it and its treatment.
I smoke 5 cigarettes a day. I know that it is harmful. I heard that every smoker gets into lungs cancer is that true or it causes to only chain smoker?
What are the effects of painless lumps below the skin? What are natural treatment methods to be given at the age of 58 years? Do you consider these are leads to skin cancer?
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
2. No hospitalization: This can be done either as an outpatient or with minimal one day stay at the hospital
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery.