Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mandar KetkarYour feedback matters!
I would like to implant 3 teeth at bottom front row. What will be cost and address/es of doctors where I could go and consult?
Sir mere dat ke uper masure aa gaye hai jinke karan dato me cavity ane lagi hai. Bina masuro ko kate hue kya iska koi ilaj ho sakta hai.
I had mouth ulcers frm my age of 13, I m not cured by it upto now. I am using many medicines. But it was recurring. I want solution.
My mother is going to have full lower jaw denture. Our dentist given option to choose indian or foreign denture. Is there any difference in the quality between those apart from the price? Pls suggest me the better choice.
My age 24 I have one baby teeth till now but it is looking weak what should I do now can I replace with artificial teeth?
To look good is one of the best ways to help yourself feel good. With the help of the latest technology, we now have cosmetic solutions to our appearance related problems and these are available at numerous salon or in jars that can sit on our nightstand, ready for regular use. Yet, there are more long-term solutions with greater efficacy that one can get from a cosmetic surgeon. Facial implants are one such solution which can help us in many ways.
Here are the various benefits of facial implants.
- Augmentation: One of the main benefits of getting facial implants is that these will help in significantly augmenting your facial features, especially your cheeks. If you have a weak chin which seems slightly receding or too chubby cheeks, then this is a good cosmetic option which can help in giving better shape so that the features are well augmented with better definition and fullness. This will render a fine balance to your overall appearance and make your face that much more attractive as well.
- Reconstruction: Sometimes, we lose the shape and definition of our features to age and weight as well as other factors like a stressful lifestyle where eating and sleeping patterns are less than ideal. In such a scenario, we can reconstruct the facial features, restoring the contours and bringing back the original proportions of the face. This will make the features look like they really fit in with your face which gives a good appearance in the long run.
- Rejuvenate: These implants can also help in rejuvenating and adding a more fresh feel to your overall appearance. With the help of these implants, you can actually bring back the distinction between areas like the jaw and the chin, as well as the cheeks so that your face looks more well proportioned, well defined, and even younger.
- Correct deficiencies: If you have any facial deficiencies in terms of the contours as well as the definition of your features and the blend of the same, then you can turn to facial implants. These implants will help in better contouring in a way that will fix these imperfections in your jaw, chin and cheeks. This will give you a more polished look.
- Facial symmetry: One of the best benefits of facial implants is the fact that it renders greater symmetry to your face. After this procedure, your face will actually have features set in a proportionate line which creates a pleasing and perfect look. If you feel you cheeks are too large or your chin and jaw are literally merging in with each other, then a facial implant will help in bringing in greater symmetry for your face. These procedures are also quite quick to perform. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
You may often find that no matter how much you brush your teeth or whichever teeth whitener you might use, your teeth still appear stained and your smile still appears dull. There are certain foods, such as coffee, alcohol like red wine, soya sauce etc. which can be considered obvious culprits. However, it is not only the foods that cause staining, several other factors contribute to this as well. Following is a list of 5 things which can stain your teeth sooner than you think.
1. High intake of tea
Research has suggested that tea, be it brewed tea, green tea or iced tea, causes a high level of staining in your teeth; often in levels much higher than coffee. This is because tea contains a high level of tannins and also high amounts of acid, which aid the staining process, and eventually lead to much yellower teeth and long-lasting stains.
2. Drinking high amounts of lemonade
Lemonade is rich in sugars and acids, which effectively lead to wearing down of the enamel and exposing the next layer called the dentin, which itself is yellow in color. This makes the teeth appear yellowish. In cases where the enamel coating on your teeth is thin, the acid erosion takes place quicker; often leading to stained teeth. This condition may often become permanent or semi-permanent, with modes of reversal becoming increasingly difficult.
3. Extended periods of medication-intake
Injuries or illnesses, which lead to taking medications for sustained periods, can negatively affect the flow of blood to the teeth. This may lead to discoloration and staining. Certain medications, such as cough syrups which are rich in sugars can, also result in yellowing of teeth.
4. Swimming for long durations
Swimming for prolonged periods [usually around 6 hours a week in chemically-treated pools, can also lead to the browning of your teeth. This is because, often when you open your mouth and let water in, you allow certain chemicals to enter your mouth which can have adverse reaction on the tooth enamel. This ultimately leads to teeth corrosion and eventual staining.
5. Having excessive sugary drinks
Certain drinks which contain large amounts of synthetic food coloring increase sugar levels and aid the growth of bacteria in your mouth, thus causing tooth decay and discoloration of teeth.