Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mali Manish
Submit a review for Dr. Mali ManishYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from acute knee pain right knee to be exact so what home medications can I take I have heard that medicines have bad effect on my kidneys.Please tell.
Hello, I am a 26 year old girl. My weight is 45 kg. I am diagnosed by poly cystic kidney disease. As my parents are thinking about my marriage, I want to know whether there is anything serious to worry about presently.
Is taking water too much put stress on kidneys. I take around 2glass of water in morning after 1 hour I urinate many times especially when I go for bathing I urinate after every 15 minutes. Half side of my throat feels itchy sometimes n I feel like very thirsty when sleeping n when I got up from sleep. This problem has increased in winters. My bp, sugar,thyroid, liver all Normal except hdl_35 n ldl-101 n in KFT Lower range of sodium 1 less. Not on any medications no other family history or illness. Kindly suggest I'm 40 years female.
Ultra sound scan report shows a calculus at mid pile of left kidney measuring 4.2 mm. Suggested medicine is contiflo. What should we do? Is this medicine used or not?
Hi Doctor I from Chennai. I think last one week my body heat so much increase when I go urine that time urine come over heat last one week only happen like this I drink more than water but now also continue same problem yesterday I went to play cricket just 2 hours only I stand in sun light after go to urine that time very heat I don't know why happen like this please help me & guide me doctor.
Hello Dr, iam 30years female with 1 year old baby. 15days back I just got to know that I have a 5mm Stone in the left side and I was just given a pain relief tablet by the Dr. and he told me that its just a small stone which will go off without medicine but consume more water after that pain was reduced and I take almost 4ltrs of water every day. But now from past 3-4days I have a kind of pain/discomfort in my full abdomen not only in left side like before, especially when I get up in the morning. Pls pls tell me what to do? What are the foods that I need to consume more and avoid? Is it true that the kidney stones are can not be healed completely?
Hello doctor. I m.suffering from kidney stones which has passed to bladder now. Total 2 stones which are large in size can't be passed through urine. Doctor asked me to eliminate calcium from the diet completely Could you pls suggest what m I supposed to do. My age is 25. How should I deal with dis calcium deficiency n stones problem simultaneously. Thanks n regards.
Sir I'm suffering from kidney stone. Lot of pain in urinary bladder I want advise from you please help me.
The pair of kidneys that human beings have, forms an important part in the excretory system. They perform specific and important functions. They excrete urine as well as help in eliminating the toxins, which accumulate in the body. Kidney stones occur when the minerals present in the urine without being discharged, keep on accumulating. This gives rise to an extremely painful and uncomfortable situation. Though sometimes the situation gets revoked all by itself, many-a-times it requires medical intervention.
Some of the symptoms of kidney stones are:
However, there are several preventive measures which you can undertake in order to avert the situation. Some of them are:
- Drink lots of water: Kidney stone is one of those rare conditions that once occurred, always carry the latent threat of recurring again. Therefore, drinking water in large quantities becomes essential. The more you drink water, the more frequently you would urinate, thereby curbing the chances of the minerals settling in the kidneys.
- Avoid certain foods: Food like beets, spinach, those which are replete with calcium oxalate should be avoided in order to minimize chances of having kidney stones.
- Foods recommended:
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Drink plenty of water ( 10 -12 glasses of water)
- Dietary calcium of 1gm a day
- Low oxalate diet Foods to be restricted
- Reduce the amount of salt in your diet
- Restrict food containing excess of oxalate
- Limit intake of animal proteins
- Change your diet: If you are trying to avoid the eventuality of developing kidney stones, it is imperative that you change your diet a bit. It is recommended that you exclude animal protein as much as possible and assiduously avoid the intake of salt as much as possible.
- Take less calcium supplements: Calcium generally is considered a nemesis to your kidneys and is prescribed by doctors to be avoided. However, recent research has thwarted this claim. Calcium does not pose a threat to kidneys. However, calcium supplements definitely do and therefore, should be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.