Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lankshaney
Submit a review for Dr. LankshaneyYour feedback matters!
I'm getting blood spot nd burning sensation after urine. Abdominal pain and back pain can you help me whats wrong with me.
I am 51 years old and recently in the month of october, I was operated for crohnic pancreatic problem, but after that now I urinate a white fuild and feel like vomiting also there is a pain in my stomach, what shall I do. What may be the problem?
Hi, I am 22 male. I have frequent urination problem and when go for faecesing urine starts and stops within a interval. After consulting the doctor he recommended a urine test but doctor departed to other city before I can meet him. In the test everything was ok except specific gravity which was 1.010 but the normal range written there was What does this signify. No bacteria was found. Please help him. I am stressed. Is it a sign of prostate problems. Please help.
Hi, I am 4 years past my Renal Transplant and thinking to go Abroad for studies. My question is to a Nephrologist, is it possible for me to go?
My mother has renal failure. Her kidneys has infection. Creatinine level is above 4.0. Can you please advise what should we do.
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Cause of urinary problems in men
Men experience urinary symptoms either due to inflammation of the prostate gland or prostatitis or symptoms may be the result of a blockage of the passage due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Symptoms of urinary problems
Urinary symptoms commonly experienced with prostate problems include;
- The need to urinate frequently during the night.
- Urinating more often during the day.
- Urinary urgency is the urge to urinate can be so strong and sudden that one may not reach the toilet in time.
- The urine stream is slow to start.
- Urine dribbling for some time after finishing urination.
- A sensation that the bladder is not fully emptied after urination.
- A lack of force to the urine flow, which makes directing the stream difficult.
- The sensation of needing to go again soon after urinating
- A long course of antibacterial medication (for bacterial prostatitis) is prescribed, because infection is difficult to get rid of, the antibacterial medication will need to be taken for many weeks.
- Medication to improve urine flow and other symptoms (for obstruction caused by an enlarged prostate).
- Surgical procedures (for blockage caused by an enlarged prostate), such as Transurethral Resection of the prostate(TURP), Laser Resection of prostate, Transurethral Incision of the prostate(TUIP).
A number of other procedures that have been developed to reduce urinary symptoms.
Medication for urinary problems
Various medications to help ease your urinary problems, including;
- Medications to reduce the tone of the muscles of the urethra and prostate to minimize any obstruction to urine flow caused when these muscles contract.
- Medication to reduce the size of the prostate gland. These drugs work by blocking the action of male hormones produced by the prostate gland.
- Medications to relax the bladder, making unwanted contractions less likely and reducing the symptoms of urgency and frequency of urination.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!