Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. LankshaneyYour feedback matters!
There is very little urine pass (below 400 millilitre per day) since past two days. I had 4 alcoholic drinks two days ago. I am suffering from dehydration? While I had 6 glasses of water in the morning, does this low urine output mean that my body is still in dehydration mode despite consuming 6 glass of water. Do I shift to intake of electrolytes?
Hi I am 32 year male. I have this frequent urination problem from last four months sometimes it gets so frequently that I have to go to loo every ten minutes otherwise normally It gets hourly in that case also I need to hold it for an hour. There's no urine infection, ultrasound was normal too. I have gone through antibiotic course also but not able to fix this problem. Please help.
HELLO SIRI am from sirsa. My ques. Is for my mother. She is suffering from stone pain from someday. She has stone either in kidney or also in bladder. So doctors are giving recommendations to operate it. Is there any treatment for it rather than operation if so pls give your feedback on below mentioned mail id. I will be highly thankful to you.
I am a 34 years. I have flank discomfort, relief when passing urine so urgency of urination. If I wait discomfort so high. Affecting sex. It is from 2 years.
I am urinating many times in a day, is there any problem happen by urinating many times a day and many time urine is like yellow or light red?
Hello sir, I have excess urination problem because of sex? Age 30 male. Please advice what should i do?
I hav problem with my pennies. I cont get the front of my dick out of my skin. I hav a small hole to urine urin n other. Is that gets eny problem in my feature. Should I consult doctor.
Hello Sir, Good Morning. Dr. Meri Bhanji 5 yr. Ki hai use Dr. Ko Dikhya hai use Urine Infection Bataya hai Use Fever Aa Rha h tmp. 101 ho jata hai abhi Dr. Ko kal rat ko Dikahya koi Tension wali baat hai kya. please koi advice dijiye. Thanks.
While taking bath I always have to go for the pee first. When I watched out a bluefilm I become excited but while with my partner I can't be excited, and also I would like to ask that is masturbation is good or bad habit for health?
Hello, I am 39 years old having a kidney stone problem since years but when sonography was done I found out 6mm and 7mm stone in my kidney one is in left and other right in each kidney I am already taking 2 Cystone table after lunch and dinner. kindly suggest if there is any other solution or med to it?
I am 45 years old. I am diabetic since last 5 years. Average blood sugar level is 180 mg/dl and in urine is detected +++. I work abroad. Recently a week ago in India during routine check up Protein traces was found in urine test, which was not whilst tested around 20 days ago abroad. Is protein traces in Urine is the sign of any disease? Is it curable? Request for an able guidance.
In my urine some white liquid is coming not frequently. When ever I have some sexual feelings that time it's happening most. Is this critical problem or is this impact my parenting abilities in future. I am doing masturbating 2-3 times in a month.
A kidney transplant is a surgical procedure that patients of kidney disease go through in order to replace a non functioning kidney with a live one that is healthy and functions well. Other methods to treat this disease also include dialysis, which basically is an artificial way of doing what our kidneys are designed to do. When dialysis does not work, many doctors recommend a kidney transplant. A replacement or donated kidney can come from a living donor or a non-living donor. This new kidney will mostly work towards keeping the blood clean, which is a function that stops when the old and diseased kidneys fail.
So, here's a list of five essential facts that you need to keep in mind if you are looking at a kidney transplant:
- Donors: While there are living and non-living donors, the doctor will have to ensure that your donor is someone who has no medical history of complications, kidney disease or any other medical condition like diabetes or hypertension. Also, the donor would have to have two proper functioning kidneys. Further, one of the most important factors is the blood group. The blood group of the donor and the patient must match for the transplant to be possible.
- Procedure: During the surgery, the patient will be under general anesthesia. The surgeon will make an incision in the lower abdomen area and the blood vessels of the new kidney will be connected surgically with the vein and iliac artery of the patient. Thereafter, any excess fluid will be drained before wrapping up the surgery.
- Rejection: The patient's body may also reject the kidney. The immune system of the patient may mistake the new kidney as an attacking body and its natural defenses may work against it, which will lead to complications. For this, doctors usually prescribe immunosuppressant medicines that will help in preventing such an eventuality.
- Longevity: While a living donor's kidney may last longer, a non-living donor's kidney will not enjoy such a long life. In such cases, a second transplant can be conducted.
- Diet: After the transplant, the patient will be required to go through a number of measures like coughing to show that the lungs are clear, as well as administration of fluids and some amount of examination and dialysis. Also, the patient will have to have a special diet that includes raw fruits and vegetables, and plenty of non-fat dairy ingredients.
A kidney transplant is a major operation that can change your lifestyle in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.