Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Kushte DilipYour feedback matters!
I have a lower back pain on left side from 3 days when I started sleeping on hard mattress. What should I do? Should I change mattress or what tell me please.
Hi I am having pain in my right leg after cycling. Used an ointment but no relief from that What to do.
I am 22 yr female. Recently started working in IT. I have already started getting severe back aches. Wat to do?
Hello mam, recently, I have been having back pain all day long and have been through an mri scan. Results shows of having'lumbar disc herniation. We were been suggested for physiotherapy. I have heard your name for effective treatments. Do you think physiotherapy will be a effective solution to this problem?
I am 50 years old I am suffering with back pain and it came from back to chest and some time my chest has been burnt. I have consulted cardiologist, he tested me and ecg, echo are also taken and prescribed some medicines. But, the pain has not cured. Cough and flum has been occurred. I unable to walk at a distance as minimum as furlong.
I have shoulder pain in the interval of 15-20 days and its stays for the same day till I take rest and also I am unable to throw a ball or a stone with full thrust a normal person should be capable of. It happened when I was playing badminton. I smashed the shuttle eventually a sound was produced from my shoulder. Please advise.
My father has back pain from past 2year he consult many doctors but nothing found please give some tip for my father.
My left hand is paining since last week whenever I work with it. It is unable to pick things. Suggest something please.
I am 25 years old and I have back pain for last 6 months. Everyday I take pain relief medicine I need help.
I am 34 year old male. For last 6 months I am experiencing pain in my knees whenever I do squats. Please note that they do not pain while running or walking or playing any sport. Also, I never had any knee injury in the past. Please help.
A shoulder dislocation is a shoulder injury which is characterized by the upper arm bone popping out of the socket of your shoulder blade. The shoulder joint is the most mobile among all the joints in the body, making it the most prone to dislocation. The dislocation of the shoulder joint can either be partial or complete depending on the injury. In a partial dislocation, the head of the upper arm is partially shifted out of the socket whereas in a complete dislocation, the head comes out of the socket in its entirety.
The symptoms of shoulder dislocation are:
Swelling or bruising of the affected area.
Excruciating pain in the shoulder region.
Mobility of the joint is greatly reduced.
Apart from these symptoms, there may be tingling, numbness and weakness in the affected region.
There can be multiple ways in which a shoulder can be dislocated because of its ability to move and swing in all the directions. The fibrous tissues that connect the bones of your shoulder may also get stretched or torn. These injuries occur due to a sudden blow or a strong force exerted on the shoulder joint.
It is caused by:
Trauma to the Shoulder Joint: Hard blows to the shoulder joint such as one suffered from a vehicle accident can lead to shoulder dislocation.
Sports Injuries: In contact sports such as hockey and football, the sudden forceful contractions of the shoulder region may lead to dislocation of the shoulder.
Falls: Tripping or falling from an elevated place and landing on the shoulder can cause shoulder joint dislocation.
The treatments for shoulder dislocation are –
Medication: Medications such as pain relievers can be prescribed by the doctor to reduce pain.
Surgery: Surgery of the shoulder joint can help in treating chronic shoulder dislocations. Surgery is also required if the blood vessels or the nerves along the shoulder joint are damaged.
- Immobilization: This process involves attaching a sling or a splint to the affected area to prevent it from moving. This allows the shoulder joint to heal and recuperate faster.
I am having back pain since one month due to bike riding.please help me .i hv consulted doctor & had xray but found nothing.gave tablets etova & omez it gives relief for 5-6hr but again paining starts
It is built on the concept of maintaining the balance of various body elements including blood, nutrients and the energy force known as ‘chi’ which flows along lines called meridians in the body for optimum health. Putting pressure by finger placements at designated points from where these meridians can be accessed, is supposed to unblock the flow of energy to get rid of chronic pain and disease.
Acupressure for pain-relief
- Acupressure is used for a variety of ailments. One of its most common uses is to relieve pain, such as back pain, sciatica, menstrual cramps and headaches.
- It can also be used to help with nausea and vomiting, fatigue, stress, weight loss, and even addictions.
Acupressure helps relieve pain in different ways, like
- It is believed to cause deep relaxation and a decrease in muscle tension and is thus useful in relieving low back pain, post-operative pain, and headaches.
- L4 point, for example, is commonly used for stress, facial pain, headaches, toothaches, and neck pain.
- It is located on your hand between your thumb and the index finger.
- Liver 3 point (LV3) is also used for stress, lower back pain, high blood pressure, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and anxiety.
- This point is located in between your big toe and second toe, in the soft flesh.
- You can press these points yourself for about 4 seconds and then steadily reduce pressure to experience relief from pain.
How does acupressure work?
- Studies have been done and are still being done to understand how acupressure relieves pain.
- They suggest that acupressure releases endorphins and promotes anti-inflammatory effects, helping with pain due to arthritis like back and limb pain.
- Endorphins are the pleasure-inducing, painkilling chemicals that flood the brain and numb pain signals.
- A few theories also call acupressure something that’s all in the mind and no more than a placebo. But either way, it does provide relief to patients when done over long periods of time.
- Acupressure is also an effective way to treat depression during pregnancy, and to reduce the pain of menstrual cramps, according to a new research done at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
Similarly, a recent Korean study has found that acupressure treats menstrual cramps more effectively than pain killers. If you want to benefit from acupressure, you need to press the pain points over time as each time you manipulate the pressure points, you help balance your ‘chi’. Some people may see results immediately, and sometimes results are seen after some time. Pain can also return. You have to keep pressing the pressure points to keep the pain away forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.