Lybrate.com has top trusted Allergist/Immunologists from across India. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Allergist/Immunologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. KhatavkarYour feedback matters!
I was bitten by a dog and had three injections but I failed to attend for remaining two I was feeling nervous about what would happen. Now what should I do?
I have allergy from tiny particles, such as, dust and pollens from last seven years. I have tried all the three, allopathic, homeopathic and ayurvedic medicines. But still no improvement. Now, what should I do?
What are the extreme dangers of very weak immunity? What diseases one can get because of very weak immunity?
I had been recently consumed fish and after when I have going to rid of my waste blood comes out with it? I have poor immune system! I can't eat high calorie foods? What should I do?
I am suffering from cold for last 2 weeks. I have dust energy. If the dust is there around me then immediately I'm getting cold. So please suggest me.
My immune system is very low, small changes in whether can cause fever/weakness in my body, also I am suffering from chronic cold from last four years, I had tried many treatments but it is not getting solved. Pls suggest what should I do.
I have been taking Montair-Lc for my allergy problem from more than 6 months, half a tablet every alternate day. Now, I feel dependent on them. I have started Homeo treatment as well. Should I completely stop taking Montair- lc or continue this way, as I dont feel any side effect of it?
Asthma is an inflammatory disease, which affects the airways of your lungs (respiratory tract that pumps oxygen into the lungs). It is long term in nature. It is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. It occurs few times a day or few times a week depending on the person it affects. Sometimes it worsens during the night.
What triggers Asthma?
- Airborne particles such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen and cockroach waste.
- Infections in the respiratory system such as common cold.
- Cold air can also trigger asthma.
- Physical or outdoor activities which make you pant such as running, skipping, jogging and jumping can cause shortness of breath, thus triggering asthma.
- Pollutants and irritants in air such as smoke.
- Some medications can also trigger asthma.
- Stress and nervous attacks (panic attacks) also trigger asthma.
How to manage asthma better by changing your lifestyle:
- Try to avoid keeping animals in your house such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Many times animal fur, waste, urine and saliva contains particles which can cause allergic reactions and make you cough uncontrollably. This in turn triggers asthma attacks. If you have pets try keeping them away from your bedroom.
- Dust mites also cause allergies which trigger asthma. So wash your carpets, rugs, bed-linen and pillowcases in hot water.
- Bugs and insects such as cockroaches are not only unhygienic, but can also trigger asthma. Cockroach droppings near your bed, kitchen and food are dangerous and you should call an exterminator to get rid of these bugs.
- Sometimes, heavy fragrance also aggravates your respiratory tract and triggers shortness of breath. Avoid using heavy perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Pollution also triggers asthma. Dust particles come out from the vehicles and mix with the air. If this air is inhaled, it might trigger uncontrollable asthma. So try to cover your mouth with a cloth when you step out of your house.
Asthma can be very severe and can bring many hurdles in your day to day activities. Changing your lifestyle and certain habits can reduce asthma to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
I am Surya of 21 years old and I am suffering with asthma since my childhood. I have consulted many doctors but no use. At present I am using rotocapsules for instant relaxation. Can you suggest me a better way to get out of the problem.
I am writing this for my wife, 46 year old. We married nearly last 22 years and I knew that she used to have asthma during pregnancy. After that running nose and cold were common problem when we came back from UK to Mumbai. In UK's cold climate, she never had such condition for one year of our stay. Now we are living at Ahmedabad and she everyday has running nose, and coughing problem. Could you please advise, what should we do?
I'm 40 yrs old man, and have spasm creation problem and because of that shortness in breathing. Increases in winter, please help.
Thyme herb belongs to the mint family. Apart from being a staple culinary ingredient, it is getting fast recognition for its medicinal benefits. Here are 13 topmost benefits of thyme -
1. Fights acne: When thyme is soaked in alcohol for several days, it turns tincture and attains antibacterial properties for fighting acne.
2. Lowers blood pressure: If thyme can be replaced with salt in foods, it will work effectively in lowering the heart rate.
3. Controls cough: Thyme oil mixed with ivy leaves is a wonderful natural remedy for cough, cold and even acute bronchitis.
4. Boosts immunity: Thyme comes loaded with nutrients like vitamin A, C, Manganese, Copper, Iron and fiber to help build body's immunity.
5. Helps in controlling pests: Thyme is added as a primary ingredient in many pesticides for controlling pests, virus and bacteria. Rub thyme leaves on your arms and legs and you will be safe from mosquito bites.
6. Improves mood: Thyme essential oil contains a substance called 'carvacrol'. This substance helps thyme in being used as an aromatic agent that renders many therapeutic uses.
7. Protects from cancer: Thyme extracts render protective effect on organs like colon and breast from cancer.
8. Treats yeast infection: Thyme essential oil can be applied over yeast infected areas (vagina and mouth) for quick relief.
9. Cures rheumatism: The diuretic properties of thyme oil can help in removal of toxins, which consequently improves the circulation and can cure rheumatism.
10. Strengthens cardiac muscles: Thyme has anti-spasmodic properties that make it eligible to be used for regulating the functioning of heart valves. It relieves heart from stress by smoothening veins and arteries.
11. Can help treat gas: Thyme is an effective carminative agent and can easily push gas downward for removal.
12. Uplifts low blood pressure: Thyme is a boon for those who often have plummeting blood pressure to save them from the sluggish lifestyle.
13. Kills virus: Thyme, in its various forms, holds immense antiviral potential and prevents the entry of the virus into the cell.
My father have asthma problem. From today we observed very much respiratory problem,&often he lost his memory for some while,& Talk loosely. We are very afraid. He suffers very much respiratory problem now. please help me as soon as possible.
I took anti rabies serum and 5 extra doses 2 months back. NOw I was bit by a dog .Then in 48 hours, I took rabipur IM and will take another in 3 dys. Am I safe? I am v worried.
Asthma is a chronic respiratory disorder. In asthma, the airways of the lungs get inflamed. Due to this inflammation, there is swelling inside the airways. This also causes excess production of mucous. The combined effect of swelling and mucus production is that the passage of air gets obstructed. This makes breathing difficult. A whistling sound or wheezing is often heard in such patients. Often the patient gets cough due to this obstruction of the airways. This cough is a reflex of the body to get rid of the excess mucous in the airways. A sense of tightness or heaviness is felt in the chest. One cannot expand the chest fully while inhaling. This is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea.
Signs And Symptoms
- Recurrent episode of paroxysmal dyspnoea (difficulty in breathing).
- The breathing is laboured, with a wheezing sound, mainly on expiration.
- Asthma attacks often occur in the early hours of morning (when there is no immediate precipitating cause). During the attack patients often prefers to sit then lie down.
Homeopathy for Asthma-
When it comes to the treatment of Asthma, Homeopathy is much better at treating asthma. It is in stark contrast to allopathy, where inhalers and steroids are used to suppress inflammation. Homeopathic medicines do not aim at just reducing inflammation. They also intend to cure the basic cause of the recurrent inflammation. This way, not only the symptoms of asthma are treated but the incidence of asthmatic attacks is completely eliminated. With a couple of months of Homeopathic treatment, you will be able to live a disease-free and medicine-free life. It is worthwhile to mention here that all Homeopathic remedies are natural and do not contain any chemicals. That is why these purely natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines for asthma, along with the symptoms when they are used-
Ipecac: Ipecac is used in treating asthma, where the patient experiences symptoms like heaviness and tension around the chest area. Sudden wheezing, suffocation is experienced followed by other symptoms like motions, vomiting and gagging. Cough remains constant, and the chest gets filled up with phlegm. Cold and perspiration is also likely to be experienced. A patient may feel as if a lump is present in the chest. Increased salivation is also indicated.
Arsenicum: Arsenicum is an efficient homeopathic medicine, which treats asthma attacks, which take place after midnight. The patient is anxious, restless, and cannot sleep because of the fear of being suffocated. In such cases, the patient dozes off a bit, and wakes up with great burning sensation and sore feeling in the chest. Arsenicum is prescribed during chronic stages of asthma, usually in elderly people.
Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is used when asthma attacks occur due to gastric disorders and during simple spasmodic asthmas. People who consume an excess of caffeine or alcohol are more likely to experience such attacks. A constricting feeling in the lower chest region may be experienced. These attacks commonly occur during the morning.
Kali Bichromicum: This homeopathic medicine is used is asthmatic patients where the asthma attacks occur because of potashes. The attacks generally occur between three to four a.m. in the morning. The patient gets compelled to rise from sleep and sit up in order to breathe. A stringy yellow mucus may be produced, and the patient feels a lack of air in his chest.
Natrum Sulphuricum: This is another effective medicine for treating asthma. The symptoms of asthma treated with this medicine get worse in damp weather. Most asthma attacks occur with a rattling sensation being felt in the chest. Bowel movement may become loose after this type of asthma attack. Alcohol and aerated drinks make the symptoms even worse. Such attacks are common in the morning with the production of a green mucus.
Homeopathy has no side effects and treats the underlying cause of asthma. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before starting homeopathic treatment for asthma.
I am suffering from asthma and I am consulting a doctor but after a month I'm not feeling well after the good kind of medication so after all this things I am come to you to ask about the same problem so what is your opinion about it.
I am having allergic asthma from past 7 years and tired from changing all reputed doctors of my city please help me.
Cat bite me around 1 week ago. But I just want to know that Is it going to happen anything?? I had not gone to any doctor.
Respiratory allergies are aggravated during a change of season and it is rampant during Feb and march in and around Delhi/ NCR. Allergies are aggravated by gas, bloating and are accompanied by dry skin, dry throat, cough, sneezing and wheezing. When allergy strikes, phlegm (balgam) blocks the nose and sinuses. Allergy may or may not be accompanied by fever but body ache is for sure. Normally for this type of low-grade fever antibiotics are not required but these allergies are not self-limiting like the flu with which it can be confused. Stress is another factor that aggravates the allergic effects. Ginger helps, so does honey and black pepper and cinnamon but on top of the list is steam to inhale, steam is antiseptic too, remember your doctor sterilizing instruments by autoclave which is based on the formula of a pressure cooker-lots of a stem is generated and everything (except plastic) including clothes and drapes get sterilized. Take a handy covered vessel like the one used in beauty parlors, switch on while it is kept on your table and cover your face with a towel, deep breathe steam, you will feel the passages opening up and phlegm melting which you can spit out without an effort of a violent cough. Avoid heavy, processed, refined and processed foods. 2) triphla helps fight allergy too, its powder or tablets help to reduce inflammation anywhere in the body. 3) wear cotton or linen 4) meditation helps reduce stress 5) benefits of honey are known to everyone. Do not take honey with steaming hot beverages, take it with warm water only. 6) ginger- some people chew it raw, some mothers give a drop of its juice+ some honey to their toddlers, some people make a concoction by boiling it in water at low heat and consuming it like tea/ coffee with a little milk 7) fresh indoor plants minus dust on the leaves gives fresh oxygen and inhaling deeply fresh air does open up blocked respiratory passages. 8) eat less salt as it leads to water retention making a condition worse 9) Guduchi also helps 10) maintain hygiene, do not skip daily bath with warm water. 11) if entire family including small kids want to inhale the steam for some time, make use of the smallest room in the house with doors closed, keep an electrical kettle, boiling for some time, entire room becomes steam room and breathe normally, passages of normal persons will also become free of any allergy. 12) everyone is lazy if asked to go to the kitchen to heat water but simple home remedies can help family and save money on extra medicines tests which are not required in simple seasonal allergies.