Doctor in KEM Hospital - Pune
Submit a review for KEM Hospital - PuneYour feedback matters!
I am 36 years old with my left inside nose tilted due to enlarged bone since my childhood. Though the growth is constant now but I feel problem taking complete breath and suffer from mild asthma also. Please suggest should I go for surgery or medicines are there to correct it completely.
I am suffering from asthma allergic rhinitis and nose blocked problems I am using montek lc and doxyphilline tablets for 2 months is there permanent solutions in homeopathy I have also anxiety neurosis.
Catching a cold once in a while is nothing to worry about, but needing to take sick leave every few weeks is a sign of low immunity. Immunity can be defined as our ability to fight infections. By eating right and making a few lifestyle changes, you can easily strengthen your immune system and lower your risk of catching infections. On that note, here are 10 ways to strengthen your immune system.
- Eat a balanced meal: Along with fruits and vegetables, your body also requires carbohydrates and proteins. Eating a balanced diet helps keep your blood sugar levels stable and allows your body to prioritize building your immune system over generating energy to perform normal tasks.
- Drink plenty of water: When you’re ill, fluids help transport nutrients to the infected area and flush out toxins from the same. Hence, it is important to stay hydrated in order to recover faster from an illness and to build your immune system.
- Probiotics: 80% of your immune system is located in the gut. Probiotics help the body produce more healthy gut bacteria. Thus, probiotics directly boost the immune system.
- A good night’s sleep: Ideally, a person should get 8 to 10 hours of sleep on a daily basis. While we are asleep, the body produces cytokines ad antibodies that are vital to a strong immune system. Depriving the body of this sleep can thus make us more susceptible to infections.
- Get some sun: While we put a lot of effort into protecting ourselves from the harmful UV rays of the sun, sunlight is also a rich source of vitamin D. Vitamin D helps protect us from a number of serious illnesses. Apart from sunlight we can also get vitamin D by adding cod liver oil, egg yolks and fatty fish to our diet.
- Quit sugar: Sugar is an immunosuppressant and hence cutting out added sugar from your diet can have a drastic effect on your immunity. Added sugar refers only to refined sugar in cubed, crystal or powdered form and not the natural sweetners in fruits.
- Exercise: Regular exercise improves blood circulation and boosts the production of antibodies. A healthy circulatory system combined with antibodies enables your body to fight infections in any part of your body.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol: Alcohol impairs the immune system and tobacco smoke weakens the body’s basic immune system. This holds true for both first hand and second hand smoke.
- Reduce stress: Stress increases the production of a hormone called cortisol. Cortisol suppresses the immune system and thus makes us more susceptible to illnesses.
- Prevent germs from spreading: Lastly, make simple things like washing your hands before eating and after coming home or using the toilet a habit. This prevents germs from spreading and entering our bodies. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Kutta katne ke 1.5 year bad jaha kata tha waha thori jalan ya chis c lagti h jisme mene 5 injection lagwaye the jab katta tha kutte ne bt kabhi kabhi ab bhi usme jalan ya chis c feel hoti h please help me.
I got cold very easily, I have weak immune system. How to take to make my immune system stronger? Thank you.
25 days ago I was bitten by a kitten I had three anti-rabies shots which was completed four days ago today at 3 am night one kitten bite me again and it was a minor bite now that bite is absolutely fine should I have a anti rabies shot again even I had it 4 days ago and bite is so Minor.
seacord sevenseas can it be given to my daughter for increasing her immunity? She is 6 years old having asthma taking puff regularly at night. Respro powder mixed with milk is good for respiratory? Will it lessen her problem if taken regularly Or pediasure is enough it also contains all vitamin that Respro powder has.
Yesterday I got a monkey nails scratch on my forehead No bleeding what should I do now? Please advice
My wife is 58 years female, She is suffering from HTN and Bronchial Asthma. She is taking Telmisartan, atorvastatin 20 and inhales formonide 400 ,also she takes montelukast sodium and levocetirizine. For last 10-15 days she is suffering from and flu. Nasal congestion, temperature is around 99.Please suggest something for that.
Hi, Please suggest. Can prednisolone 30 mg be given for a patient of bronchitis patient of 72 year old women of 33 kg weight?
My Grandson six year old. He suffered by pneumonia during March 2016 and again during Dec. 2017. Allopathy treatment has been given. Frequently suffer from cough and khasi. Also some time his WBC increased in Blood when he suffer from fever and cold/cough problem. Please Suggest for Ayurvedic or homeopathy Treatment and how to increase immunity power. Thanks.
Asthma can go by ayurvedic treatment or homeopathy treatment? Or it can only be controlled. Also heard about batani fish which is given in Hyderabad does it really help. Please give your opinion on this. Can see my child suffer mostly every night.
I am 36 years old. My weight 60 and height is 5.4 feet. My problem is asthma at night. Please advice
I am using aerocort rotahaler from 10 years for asthma, not a daily basis one tablet 3 days, now doctor said I have thyroid. Because of this I got thyroid.
Yesterday one pet dog bites me on my thigh but I had were jeans so it was not direct contact with her, but when I saw the wound was red blood clots with tooth Impression and when I washed it after 1 hour it bleeds But immediately within 1 hour I have given injection teatenus and injection zoonovac v.
My child is having asthma. She is 6 years old. She was not having asthma till 4 years old. From last 2 year she is taking formonide 100 puff regularly at night. After shifting to bangalore last year doctor prescribed levolin inhaler too to be taken when there is more coughing. When she is having more cough doctor told to give 3 puff, 3 hourly basis. From 22 Dec 2017 she is having little cough we were giving her only formonide 100 2 puff ,as we would be travelling by AC train we started giving levolin puff from 24 dec. After reaching Mumbai she was coughing I have her levolin inhaler 2 puff and formonide 100 1 puff. Again we travelled in flight returned to bangalore on 8 jan 2018. Still now she is having cough we are giving levolin. We are not sending her out. I am worried as she is taking levolin this time for longer period from 24 dec 2017 to 11 Jan 2018. Is it ok to take it for more than 2 weeks? Why this time her cough is taking time to go? Can asthma go as she was not having it from birth?
A dog just put his teeth on my hand. He did not bit me. Just a little redness on my above layered skin. There is no blood coming out. Can it cause rabies and how long can I wait till I consult a doctor because I have a busy week ahead as I'm working.
Allergies are caused by unnatural reactions between your body's immune system and foreign substances, which have gained access into the body. When these substances, known as allergens, enter your body, your immune system produces antibodies, which are responsible for warding off unwanted substances like harmful viruses or diseases and helping in the body's overall resistance.
The main cause of allergy is the uncontrolled reaction between the immune system's antibodies and harmless allergens. Allergic reactions are triggered when antibodies, like histamine, come into contact with particular types of allergens.
These may include:
- Certain eatables: Peanuts or sea food
- Medications: Penicillin or penicillin-based antibiotics
- Airborne allergens: Pollen, mold, or dust mites
- Insect stings: Bee stings or scorpion stings
- Latex: Latex or other substances, which are responsible for causing allergic skin reactions
Symptoms of allergies depend upon a wide range of factors, which are subjective and vary from person to person and from allergen to allergen. Depending upon the type of allergen involved and the nature of the allergy, symptoms may include any of the following:
- Facial swelling
- Severe itching
- Swollen or red and watery eyes
- Flaky skin which can peel off
These symptoms are common in mild to moderate allergies, such as atopic dermatitis, hay fever, drug or food allergies. There are certain rare cases (say, scorpion stings), however, in which the allergic reaction turns out to be potentially life-threatening. This type of reaction is known as anaphylaxis. Here are its signs and symptoms:
Homeopathy effectively deals with any sort of allergy by taking into account individualistic symptoms and thus nipping the root cause in the bud. Natrum Mur, Urtica Urens, Sulphur and Natrum Carb, among others, are very effective medicines against allergies. But these must be taken after due discussion with the doctor as they check out the symptoms and then prescribe the medicine basis that. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have allergic asthma. Very frequently my throat gets sore. Specially during winters, at night while I'm asleep the air that I inhale makes my nose very dry and each time I inhale I can feel the air striking my throat. By morning my throat becomes painfully sore. Where exactly does the problem lie, the nose or the throat? Is there a way to permanently cure this problem? Can this turn into a serious disease in future?
Asthma is a chronic respiratory disorder. In asthma, the airways of the lungs get inflamed. Due to this inflammation, there is swelling inside the airways. This also causes excess production of mucous. The combined effect of swelling and mucus production is that the passage of air gets obstructed. This makes breathing difficult. A whistling sound or wheezing is often heard in such patients. Often the patient gets cough due to this obstruction of the airways. This cough is a reflex of the body to get rid of the excess mucous in the airways. A sense of tightness or heaviness is felt in the chest. One cannot expand the chest fully while inhaling. This is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea.
Signs And Symptoms
- Recurrent episode of paroxysmal dyspnoea (difficulty in breathing).
- The breathing is laboured, with a wheezing sound, mainly on expiration.
- Asthma attacks often occur in the early hours of morning (when there is no immediate precipitating cause). During the attack patients often prefers to sit then lie down.
Homeopathy for Asthma-
When it comes to the treatment of Asthma, Homeopathy is much better at treating asthma. It is in stark contrast to allopathy, where inhalers and steroids are used to suppress inflammation. Homeopathic medicines do not aim at just reducing inflammation. They also intend to cure the basic cause of the recurrent inflammation. This way, not only the symptoms of asthma are treated but the incidence of asthmatic attacks is completely eliminated. With a couple of months of Homeopathic treatment, you will be able to live a disease-free and medicine-free life. It is worthwhile to mention here that all Homeopathic remedies are natural and do not contain any chemicals. That is why these purely natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines for asthma, along with the symptoms when they are used-
Ipecac: Ipecac is used in treating asthma, where the patient experiences symptoms like heaviness and tension around the chest area. Sudden wheezing, suffocation is experienced followed by other symptoms like motions, vomiting and gagging. Cough remains constant, and the chest gets filled up with phlegm. Cold and perspiration is also likely to be experienced. A patient may feel as if a lump is present in the chest. Increased salivation is also indicated.
Arsenicum: Arsenicum is an efficient homeopathic medicine, which treats asthma attacks, which take place after midnight. The patient is anxious, restless, and cannot sleep because of the fear of being suffocated. In such cases, the patient dozes off a bit, and wakes up with great burning sensation and sore feeling in the chest. Arsenicum is prescribed during chronic stages of asthma, usually in elderly people.
Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is used when asthma attacks occur due to gastric disorders and during simple spasmodic asthmas. People who consume an excess of caffeine or alcohol are more likely to experience such attacks. A constricting feeling in the lower chest region may be experienced. These attacks commonly occur during the morning.
Kali Bichromicum: This homeopathic medicine is used is asthmatic patients where the asthma attacks occur because of potashes. The attacks generally occur between three to four a.m. in the morning. The patient gets compelled to rise from sleep and sit up in order to breathe. A stringy yellow mucus may be produced, and the patient feels a lack of air in his chest.
Natrum Sulphuricum: This is another effective medicine for treating asthma. The symptoms of asthma treated with this medicine get worse in damp weather. Most asthma attacks occur with a rattling sensation being felt in the chest. Bowel movement may become loose after this type of asthma attack. Alcohol and aerated drinks make the symptoms even worse. Such attacks are common in the morning with the production of a green mucus.
Homeopathy has no side effects and treats the underlying cause of asthma. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before starting homeopathic treatment for asthma. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!