Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalyani Kingale
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kalyani KingaleYour feedback matters!
The physiological process of intercourse involves four stages excitement, plateau, orgasm and climax or resolution stage. Excitement is the first stage which, occurs with the physical or psychological stimuli to involve in sex. Plateau is the next stage which involves much of foreplay in which the partner involved is in physical arousal. Third stage is orgasm which involves the mating of the partners and actual act of sex and ends with the ejaculation of the semen. The last stage climax is the resting stage which most often delays for females and men achieve after the ejaculation of the semen. For those male with premature ejaculation the semen ejaculates too early with the initiation of the orgasm. They lack the control over the ejaculation of the semen.
Who is at risk?
Premature ejaculation is most common for those encountering psychological issues. Anxiety (performance anxiety) is the most common cause of premature ejaculation. Relationship issues, unresolved conflict and having sex for a limited number of times may also cause premature ejaculation.
Can it be treated?
Self-treatment: Males usually try self-treatment options like withdrawing themselves from their partner before the sense of ejaculation, slow thrusting or penetration force and purposeful masturbation before sex. Some may also try the use of extra condoms.
Sex therapy: Sex therapy involves doing exercise to improve the strength of the perineal muscle and increase the control over the ejaculation. This therapy involves Kegel’s exercise, stop – start technique this helps to desensitize the response of the men towards sex. This may also include squeeze technique, which involves squeezing at the tip of the penis near the shaft to hold the ejaculation manually by causing obstruction externally.
Psychoanalysis: Psychology states that men ejaculate too early because of the anxiety and over excitement. Many psychologist states that premature ejaculation can be treated with psychoanalysis, but this is much effective in all cases.
Medication: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors are commonly used to increase the serotonin level that helps to delay the ejaculation. Antidepressant drugs or topical application of anesthetics like lidocaine are also used to treat premature ejaculation. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir now I am 12 week pregnent and due to history of type 2 diebetic , I am on insuline and previously I have one laproscopy operation in my right ovary and in that operation I lost my right follupiontube. Sir after 7 years of marriage this is my first pregnency kindlly give me some healthy suggestions and health tips so that I can have a healthy baby.
Is ovarian cyst operation will be successful if I operate for removal of that cyst? Is this is a curative disease please explain me all about the ovarian cyst and also about its treatment…
I am 4 th week of pregnant, can I take dexorange syrup it has more alcohol content. Is it safe for me?
I am not able to eat well like it's only two chapatis per day in the sense that I do not get hungry and thirsty what would be my problem?
I am 29years old. Recently detected with RA. I am taking methotrexate 15 mg per week and omnacortil 5 mg and folic acid 5 days a week from past 2 months now. My RA symptoms are quite fne but I am experiencing different problem body odour and having itching and a very light fishy odor in private parts. Is that a side effect of these medicines and if so how should I overcome this problem?
The relationship between intelligence and brain size, both among people and between various species, has never been precisely well defined. People often believe that their outstanding psychological capacities must mean that they are superior to all animals as far as brain size is concerned. However, it is not true since whales and elephants have much bigger brains than humans and humans have the same brain-to-body mass proportion as mice do.
Here are a number of ways by which the brain size can be determined:
- Encephalization remainder: Since it would be against human instinct to admit loss and defeat, researchers have created a measure to determine the brain size called the encephalization remainder. It is the proportion of actual brain mass with respect to the anticipated cerebrum mass for the animal’s size (based on the suspicion that bigger animals require somewhat less brain matter with respect to their size, compared to little animals). By this metric, human beings prove to be the best, with an EQ of 7.5 outperforming the dolphin's 5.3 and the mouse's 0.5.
- IQ testing: Without a solitary and evident method for measuring intelligence, some improved tests like IQ (Intelligence Quotient) are by and large acknowledged as a moderately decent working device. IQ estimations are not without issues, and there is a great deal of criticism about their significance. IQ testing uses government sanctioned tests, for example, the WAIS–III (Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale). The normal IQ is somewhere around 90 and 110. The scores beneath the normal may demonstrate changing degrees of pathology, for example, marginal intellectual function, or mental hindrance of different severity. Over the normal range is regularly connected with knowledge, splendour, talent, or genius. However, as with computers of a few eras, size and intellect do not precisely relate. Present day portable computers weighing around one or two kilogrammes can store more data and perform a greater number of assignments than supercomputers from the 1980s that used to possess expansive structures. This is a contrast amongst quantity and quality. Numerous scientists now hold the view that it is not the whole brain, which is bigger in a human with a higher IQ, yet rather certain zones that are denser and might be bigger. A fascinating late revelation is that these ranges can be expanded in size and enhanced in usefulness during the course of our life.
- NeuroplasticityIt refers to the dynamic procedure of repair and maintenance that our brains are continually experiencing. We are conceived with around hundred billion neurones, yet lose around two hundred thousand a day to a procedure called pruning. As we develop and grow, pathways in the brain that are not required are detached, and the neurones pass on. However, in a compensatory procedure, new neurones are delivered and more detailed associations are built up between neurones that are more dynamic. This is the procedure of de-cluttering, in which our brains develop to work at most extreme effectiveness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
What is Obesity and how to confirm that?
The most often asked questions in this context are- what is a normal acceptable weight, when does one get labelled as overweight and what is the definition of obesity? Another important question we often get asked is- what’s the difference between being overweight and obese?
In very simple terms, what a physician evaluates to check for obesity in a person is a simple index known as “body mass Index” or BMI. BMI can be calculated by simply dividing the person’s body weight in Kg by the square of person’s height measured in meters. BMI is measured as Kg/m2. Following are broad guidelines for detection of obesity-
1. BMI of < 18.5 indicates that the person is underweight
2. BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 indicates that the person has got normal weight
3. BMI between 25 and 29.9 indicates that the person is overweight
4. BMI of > 30 indicates obesity
How does Obesity affect fertility?
Excessive body weight in women causes multiple hormonal imbalances, which can result in irregular menstruation and reduced frequency of ovulation, thus leading to infertility. Also, the outcome of Infertility treatment in obese women is poorer than in their normal weight counterparts. Obesity also increases the chances of pregnancy related complications such as miscarriage, pregnancy induced hypertension and gestational diabetes and hence increases the requirement offers cesarean delivery. And not to forget that the labor is that much harder and prolonged for obese women.
Obese males also suffer from reduced fertility as they tend to have lower level of testosterone, which suppresses sperm production. Obesity can also case erectile dysfunction in men, which can result in reduced fertility.
What can you do?
Here are five easy weight management tips to help you realize your dream of having a child-
1. Watch your meals- take a healthy diet and avoid excess carbohydrates and fat
2. Watch your beverages- drink adequate quantity of water, avoid soft drinks as they contain empty calories and refrain from alcohol
3. Stop smoking and keep in mind that there is nothing like occasional/ moderate smoking
4. Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle- short sessions of brisk walking, swimming, jogging or skipping are good means to keep one active and healthy
5. Avoid stress and practice Yoga/ meditation or other stress buster techniques that suit you
If you want to know more or seek an expert opinion, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org today!