Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyoti Rahalkar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti RahalkarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from fever very high temperature. Please advice me a good medicine for a normal temperature. Please help me.
I am so thin and physically weak. As well as I'm so frustrated with my lean body mass. please give me a fixed solutions,
Each one of us loses hair some way or another. It happens every day and is considered to be quite normal. While you wash your hair or you blow dry it, some amount of hair loss is pretty much routine. It is said, on an average, that one loses 50-100 strands of hair in a day. However, if you observe hair fall that exceeds the normal average, it may be a cause of concern.
Causes of hair-fall and ways to deal with It
Finding the root cause of hair fall can be tricky, since, most of the hair fall cases are not associated with any systemic illness or medical condition. Hair may simply thin out, owing to the predetermined genetic factors and age. However, hair loss can also be an indication of an underlying medical problem that needs quick treatment and action. Here are 5 causes of hair loss and ways to deal with them:
- Use of Excessive Heat: Heat weakens the hair follicles. Use of excessive heat and blow drying weakens your hair and makes them brittle causing them to fall out. Uncurbed use of straightening irons, hot curlers and brushes have this effect on your hair. It is always best to let your hair dry out naturally.
- Chemical Treatments: Treatments such as permanent straightening or chemical curling can damage your hair and scalp. It breaks your hair bonds and reforms them in a different way to make them permanently straight or curled. This contributes to weakening of your hair, making it not just rough and dull but also brittle. With time, dull and brittle hair progresses towards hair loss.
- Dyes and Colors: Frequent use of colors on your hair increases the chances of hair loss. Hair colors have chemicals in them which cause serious damage to your hair. Avoid coloring your hair more than once in four or six weeks.
- Poor Diet: Poor diet is an important contributor to hair loss. Binging on junk food and too much caffeine can also be a cause of hair fall. Include lots of leafy greens and fresh fruits and keep yourself hydrated to avoid a dry scalp and subsequent hair fall.
- Underlying Medical Condition: There can be a chance that you are experiencing hair fall due to an underlying illness or medical condition. Eat healthy and get a medical check-up done periodically to assess your health and keep yourself free of disease.
Before you press the panic button and try over-the-counter drugs for your hair fall, it is best to speak to your physician and understand the best treatment options.