Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayant Mahajan
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jayant MahajanYour feedback matters!
My feet have lots of black spots/ marks maybe develop because of shoes. Also have black knuckles and with some scaring. Due to which my feet and look ugly. How I get rid of them?
My 3 year old son has boils looks like mrsa around nose and behind the ears but no fever nothing he is quite normal but due to itching the pus is spreading and the boils are increasing in number how can it be treated and how long it will take to become normal skin.
I have 19 year's old. I have black spot on my nose and face. and many of black heads. What can I do. Please help me.
Hi, I am 28 years female and my skin is oily so, I want to know that is peeling, clean up and facial is clean up, peeling and facial good for oily skin? If facial is good so, can you please recommend me which type of facial will be better?
I have lot of blackheads on my face and it looks so ugly can any one please suggest to me as to how I can get rid of it forever.
The term pigmentation generally has to do with the colour of something. So, in the case of people, it refers to the colour of their skin. So what is exactly hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation? How should a person go about dealing with conditions such as these?
Melanin is a chemical, which provides the skin with its colour. In case of hyperpigmentation, what occurs is that the amount of melanin in the skin increases beyond normal. Now the reasons for this are quite diverse, to say the very least. As a matter of fact, pregnancy could be a cause, as could medications such as antibiotics or antimalarial medicines (medicines to fight off malaria). Addison’s disease could also be a cause.
On the other hand, hypopigmentation refers to the situation in which the amount of melanin in the skin falls below what it should be, under normal circumstances. While there are quite a few causes for this, the primary culprits happen to be burns or injuries. In certain cases, a person may have the sort of situation which occurs in the case of hypopigmentation as a result of having another condition. This generally happens in cases of albinism or vitiligo, which have affected the skin.
So, what is to be done if a person has hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation?
After all, while this may be the issue of the skin, the impact they have on a person’s self-confidence are more than just skin deep! With hyperpigmentation, exposure to sunlight directly should be limited to a great extent as possible. If there is going to be some sort of exposure, it is important to use adequate amount of sunscreen so that the impact on the skin is reduced. The sunscreen should surely contain zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. The reason for this is the fact that UV rays are blocked by these two chemicals. This is quite a good thing, considering these rays are the ones which can cause the most damage to skin with hyperpigmentation.
When it comes to hypopigmentation, conditions such as vitiligo or albinism do not have cures. So, they can only be managed to the best extent that is possible. Cosmetics can be used in order to improve the appearance of the person. In addition to this, sunscreen should be used in this case due to the risk that exposure to the sun might affect a person who has hypopigmentation. While this occurs in all sorts of people, it is especially seen in people of Caucasian descent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Hi i am 19 year old After bathing my face color is to dull due to oily skin and face look like stiky due to oily skin my colour become so dark to dark day by day.
When skin is infected by a fungus, the resultant infection is called tinea corporis (ringworm). It is most common in athletes and children. The infection may appear on the scalp, beards, groin, in between the toes and other places.
Tinea corporis can be caused by:
- Skin contact
- It is contagious, so if you use towels, bed linens and clothes of an infected person, you will get infected too.
- Touching a pet infected by tinea corporis.
Signs and Symptoms:
- The rash starts as a scant area of red, bumpy pimples and spots. Then the rash forms a ring, with raised, red borders and a clear middle. The border might look scaly.
- The rash may show up on face, legs, arms or other body areas which are exposed.
- The area feels itchy. It might also be flaky and dry. You might even experience hair loss in the infected area.
The skin in the area will be gently scraped off and the sample will be collected. Then, the sample will be viewed under a microscope. That will help discerning, which type of fungus is causing the infection.
The following treatment regime must be followed:
- The skin must be kept dry and clean.
- Fungal creams are best. Creams that contain miconazole, ketoconazole, clotrimazole or oxiconazole are excellent for fungal infections.
- Only apply the cream on clean skin. You can use it twice in a day. Bandaging the infected area is not recommended.
- To prevent the infection from spreading, wash your towels in warm water and use clean towels every time you bathe. Also, clean the bathroom and wear freshly washed clothes.
- If pets are infected, treat them as well.
The infection usually goes away under 4 weeks. The infection may branch out to the nails, groin, scalp and feet. Self-care is effective, but if symptoms persist, then do consult a specialist. Ringworms have certain complications, such as scratching the skin too much causes skin infections and other skin disorders, which may need further treatment.
1. Take nutmeg (jaiphal) and rub it on rough and clean surface with little amount of water till a paste is formed. Apply it on the affected area for 10-15 minutes and then wash it with water. Repeat it twice daily.
2. Take clove (lawang) and rub it on rough and clean surface with little amount of water till a paste is formed. Apply it on the affected area for 10-15 minutes and then wash it with water. Repeat it twice daily.
3. Take sandalwood (chandan) and rub it on rough and clean surface with little amount of water till a paste is formed. Apply it on the affected area for 10-15 minutes and then wash it with water. Repeat it twice daily.
4. Take spines of silk cotton tree (semal) and rub it on rough and clean surface with little amount of milk till a paste is formed. Apply it on the affected area for 10-15 minutes and then wash it with water. Repeat it twice daily.
5. Make a paste of red lentil (masoor), turmeric (haldi) and lemon juice. Apply it on the acne for 10-15 minutes and then wash it with water. Repeat it twice daily.
6. Rub raw garlic (allium sativum) several times a day, it helps in relieving the pain and also heals acne fast.
7. Split off a portion of aloe vera leaf and rub the pulp directly on the skin.
8. Fresh 5 leaves of neem taken everyday in the morning helps in removing stubborn acne.