Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J.P. Rath
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J.P. RathYour feedback matters!
STDs or STIs are usually transmitted from one person to another through body fluids while being in a physical relationship. Herpes, Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhea are some of the common STDs you may be susceptible to. These diseases are extremely unpleasant and usually cause long term health issues. Sometimes they might even be fatal. Here are a few ways you could use to prevent yourself from getting affected with STDs:
- Abstinence: The best and most certain way of preventing STDs is practicing abstinence. Although abstinence from any type of sexual activities including oral, vaginal or anal sex is a surefire method of prevention, it is not a very realistic method to do so. If you don't want to practice abstinence, make sure you educate yourself about other prevention methods.
- Single partner: Practicing monogamy in terms of sex is the safest kind of sexual activity. Make sure both you and your partner get tested for any STD. If you and your partner are not suffering from any STD and you both agree to practice monogamy with each other, then you automatically cut down on the risk of suffering from STDs.
- Talk: Talk to your sexual partner about his/her sexual health. Inform him/her about yours as well. Avoid having sex with someone who does not inform you with his or her sexual health information.
- Avoid taking drugs or alcohol: Try not to get drunk or take drugs before having sex. They reduce inhibitions which actually tend to make you reckless. You tend to become more adventurous and do not keep the sexual hygiene in mind at that time. Using a condom in the influence of alcohol and drugs can also result in a condom failure. Be sober enough before you have sex.
- Do not indulge with a person with symptoms: If someone shows symptoms of suffering from any kind of STD, do not indulge in any sexual activity with him or her. Refrain from having sex with him or her until he or she is treated by a doctor.
- Take precaution: Use different forms of protection while having sex to prevent pregnancy as well as STDs. But you have to realize the fact that these forms of protection are not full proof and always have a slight percentage of risk embedded in them.
Be extremely careful before you indulge in any type of sexual activity with anyone. After all, your health is in your hands.
I usually have 20 days cycles which was to start on 25 December 2017 but I haven't had my periods till now. I had unprotected sex on 20 December 2017. And I was in extreme stress just after that. I conducted pregnancy test on 13 January 2017 (not with first urine of the day) and it gave negative results. Is there any chance of my periods being delayed just due to stress or am I pregnant? When and how many times should I conduct pregnancy test at home to get true results. Please help me out.
Tpha test can be negative after treatment I took the penicillin injection 4 month ago ?if I do tpha test now it will show negative?
Hello doctor. I aged 24yrs from nizambad district. I am suffering from pcod problem since 2 years. I have gone through number of doctors, tests & I have used tablets, injections many times but dint get out from dis problem. I want to get blessed with a baby as early as possible bcoz it has been 3 & half years I got married. Please suggest me some thing. I eagerly waiting for your kind msg.
Vaginal bleeding since 6 months. Bleeding medium to heavy. Initially there were no cramps, doctor suggested texid tablet, and then primolut N, but after completing the course for both, bleeding still has not stopped, and has intensified instead, with heavy cramping. Stomach aches too much. Kindly help. I have finished the 21 day dose of primolut 2 days back and since then, the bleeding had intensified a lot along with constant stomach cramps.
I and my gf had 5th day of period, we done unprotected sex, Actual period on 26 may. She take menofit plus tablet. But Till now she is without any period. She checked the pregnancy test with home kit, result is negative. Is there anything to worry about. And what about the period? Is it possible that the sperm may be available near her fallopian still and what should I do now and later. She is 24 year. Please help me ASAP. Thank you.
How to focus on fruits in our day to day life?
Eating fruit provides health benefits. People who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy eating style are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases. Fruits provide nutrients vital for health, such as potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin c, and folate. Focus on whole fruits—fresh, canned, frozen, or dried—instead of juice. The sugar naturally found in fruit does not count as added sugar.
Keep visible reminders:
Keep a bowl of whole fruit on the table, counter, or in the refrigerator.
Experiment with flavor:
Buy fresh fruits in season when they may be less expensive and at their peak flavor. Use fruits to sweeten a recipe instead of adding sugar.
Think about variety:
Buy fruits that are dried, frozen, and canned (in water or 100% juice) as well as fresh, so that you always have a supply on hand.
Don’t forget the fiber:
Make most of your choices whole or cut-up fruit, rather than juice, for the benefits that dietary fiber provides.
Include fruit at breakfast:
At breakfast, top your cereal with bananas, peaches, or strawberries; add blueberries to pancakes; drink 100% orange or grapefruit juice. Or, try a fruit mixed with fat-free or low-fat yogurt.
Try fruit at lunch
At lunch, pack a tangerine, banana, or grapes to eat or choose fruits from a salad bar. Individual containers of fruits like peaches or applesauce are easy to carry and convenient for lunch.
Enjoy fruit at dinner, too
At dinner, add crushed pineapple to coleslaw or include orange sections, dried cranberries, or grapes in a tossed salad. Try fruit salsa on top of fish
Snack on fruits
Fruits make great snacks. Try dried fruits mixed with nuts or whole fruits like apples. They are easy to carry and store well.
Be a good role model
Set a good example for children by eating fruit every day with meals or as snacks.
Keep fruits safe
Rinse fruits before preparing or eating them. Under clean, running water, rub fruits briskly to remove dirt and surface microorganisms. After rinsing, dry with a clean towel.
The usual measures to treat sinusitis are sufficient to help cure the tooth pain in such cases.
Sir/mam, My wife is having blood count @8 but accordingly the blood count should b minimum 11 how to increase the blood count please suggest as she is having problem in her menstruation cycle because of lack of blood please suggest some better diet to recover soon as well as the precautions to be taken.
Are Uterine Fibroids Serious?