Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harshal Gadhikar
Submit a review for Dr. Harshal GadhikarYour feedback matters!
If after meal you are getting too many burps say 8-10 and if it is chronic. What does it indicate and how it can be recovered?
For last few days, I am suffering from indigestion although I am not eating anything outside. But I used to eat junk food earlier. Kindly suggest.
Sir I have gas problem for last 4 months .after eating food I feel bloating of my stomach and tight .so please give your suggestion.
My mother is 62 years old. She is suffering from severe stomach bloating which is painless from last 3 months. She showed to doctor. She has been diagnosed by endoscopy, ultrasound,blood test etc. All reports are normal. But she she is still suffering from severe discomfort as if the stomach will explode. What is the cause for this discomfort? What should we do?
Sir I am 30 age suffering from kidney (7.2 mm) and gall bladder (little practical) stones and diabetes (Hba1c 7.8). And I have started drinking water from the copper vessel for last one month. Is it okay? IS that water not bad for stones my life become hell now by profession marketing job kindly save me sir and please advise me much more what type of treatment I have to go for allopathy homeopathy or ayurvedic.
Hi doctor please help me out! I am suffering abdomen pain from past few days. Sometimes it pains left lower side of abdomen again sometimes upside of abdomen sometimes back side. But no issues regarding periods .
Achalasia is a very rare disease. Normally, your esophagus squeezes food down by making the muscular valve in between the stomach and esophagus relax. Achalasia occurs when this muscular valve is unable to relax and thus the esophagus is unable to squeeze the food down. The most common reason why this happens is because the nerves in your esophagus are damaged. The nerves most commonly get damaged because of abnormalities in the way your immune system responds. Till now, there is no cure to achalasia; however, surgery or minimally invasive therapy can make the symptoms of achalasia more manageable. Here are all the causes and symptoms of achalasia:
- Difficulty swallowing: The difficulty you face when swallowing food is the most common symptom of achalasia. Both liquid as well as solid food will be hard to swallow.
- Regurgitation: If the food is regurgitating in the night, then the lungs may have been inhaling some food. This is very serious and you should see the doctor immediately if this occurs.
- Chest pain: You may suddenly experience chest pain from a completely unknown cause.
- Weight loss: You may also suffer from sudden weight loss if you have achalasia. This is due to the reduced amount of food you will be consuming.
- Heartburn: Heartburn is when you have a very intense burning pain in your chest just behind your breastbone which is most commonly caused by regurgitation in your esophagus.
The exact cause of achalasia is not yet known. However, there are some theories on what causes achalasia. Here they are.
- Genes: The most common cause of achalasia is genes.
- Autoimmune disease: An autoimmune disease is when your immune system attacks your body's own cells. Achalasia is a type of autoimmune disease.
- Infection: There have also been a lot of claims that infections are the cause of achalasia.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!