Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Gauri JanvekarYour feedback matters!
I know I have to live all my life alone only, do not even know how I am going to manage my life ftr my parents. So I keep thinking abt this everyday every night which has taken into depression, n mt able to sleep. Hv become insomniac my tensions can not end n will remain the same how can I buy a drug with which I can sleep.
I get angry very soon nowadays though I used to be normal before and bcoz of this I have frequent clashes with my mom and I lost my dad when I was 3years old Please give me a suggestion to control my temper.
I learn and not able to learn it for long period of time so is it due to mastbutaion or due to some another problem.
Recently my 2nd sister passed away. I have one more younger sister. Since childhood we grown up together. Both my sister's were attached too much. Now sudden loss has made her very depressed. She often text or Watsapp to the number of passed away sister. She says that she to want to meet her and and ask her to take with her. I am afraid of her condition. Please do the needful.
Hi doctor My name is Ankit and need your help in the following matter I forget things immediately and struggles to understand the things in any activity. I am in field of auditing which needs a sharper and cool mind. Due to forgetting things and unable to understand I get very angry all the time which badly affects my mood and my whole day apoils. This happens daily and it is doubled when I appear for any exams. I need help as its so confusing all the time to me. I even struggle and think a lot and explain myself a lot in smallest matter which makes people irritate and which makes me even more disturbed and low. Kindly doctor help me out on this regard if you can.
I am 20 years old. I have a few days for exam and due to my lethargic condition I can't prepare properly. Previously I was on medication for depression for 6 months and for irregular menstrual cycle for 2 years. Now I am not taking any medicine. I don't feel healthy and that's hampering my studies. What can I do for this because I need a solution as soon as possible.
I am suffering from depression and I am on panex 37.5mg bd and tynept 37.5mg od for 2 years. I have low appetite, can I take cypon or longifene for that?
Hello Doctor My Husband have drinking habit, he has drunk a lot every day, when he want to have sex with me, my mood get off due to his drinking habit. This is effect on your relationship? What should I do?
I am 49 years old. I suffer from depression as my elder sister has cheated me for property. Kindly advice.
Hello. I have been smoking flavoured for more than 5 years with gap in between. Whats the best way to detox my body and clean my lungs. Also I have been drinking green tea for the same no of years and trying some detox infused water but I have not left the hookah fully but reduced its frequency.
Child Aphasia is complex disorder that is caused by damage to parts of the brain that controls language and speech. This disorder affects the child's ability to express herself through words and understand the speech of other people. The severity of the problem depends on the extent of the damage as well as the location of the damage. Since this is not a birth disorder, therefore, you should be much more careful as so you notice that your kid is facing language disorder. A speech pathologist can diagnose language disorders and teach your child strategies to help.
What are the leading symptoms of aphasia in kids?
- Not understanding speech is one of the most common symptoms. Most patients cannot understand spoken or written language. Typically in these cases, the patient suffers from fluent Aphasia, which is caused by damage to the left temporal lobe of the brain. The patient's speech might seem meaningless and incoherent with lots of unnecessary words being used. The child usually becomes upset when people don't understand what he is saying.
- Patients suffering from this disorder also have trouble expressing their thoughts and understanding language and they often take more time to communicate. Only short sentences are used by these patients with words often left out, making the sentence sound incomplete. Such children suffer from non-fluent Aphasia where they understand what others are saying, but cannot communicate or speak well themselves. Their speech is almost similar to that of telegraphic languages that are usually followed by those toddlers who are just learning how to speak.
- Some children suffering from Aphasia might have trouble repeating words even though they don't have problem understanding what others are saying. These children suffer from conduction Aphasia and will be able to reproduce only parts of a sentence, if asked to repeat.
- Children affected with this disorder may see to be not listening to you or ignore you.
- Such kids might also have behavioral problems and may not be able to keep up with their friends and classmates. They will also suffer from forgetfulness.
Causes of Aphasia: The leading cause of Aphasia is brain injury, brain infection, brain tumour or abscess or bleeding in the brain.
Diagnosis of the disease: The disorder is diagnosed by a speech therapist who assesses the condition with a variety of tools to figure out the extent of damage. Its best to take your child to a paediatric speech pathologist who is an expert in treating children with brain injuries. The child will then be assessed on auditory comprehension, verbal expression, reading and writing ability and functional communication.
Treatment: There are many people who think that the speech trouble cannot be treated, but they are completely wrong. There are various ways to treat Aphasia. The younger the patient the better the chances of recovery since the brain is not that developed to handle specific functions in kids as in adults. The treatment will depend on the severity of the condition and the goal that is to be achieved. Factors behind this trouble need to be determined first otherwise the perfect treatment cannot be decided. Some of the most prominent factors are aphasia type, brain-injury cause, age, brain-lesion size and positioning and others.
Some of the leading tips that can be applied as per Association of National Stroke are as follows:
- Using props can be helpful in getting across messages.
- Speaking slowly and staying calm while speaking.
- Drawing pictures or words on paper for communication.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.