Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Gadikar HarshalYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my upper abdomen i. E just below the ribs and above the stomach in the Centre. I did skip lunches for two days 4 days back. What could it be and what are your prescriptions?
I suffer from Hyper acidity. Generally more prominent in the evenings. I have to take ant-acids regularly. Please advise .
Can I know that I am suffering lower abdomen pain or muscle pain in the area which joins leg from stomach is it due to sex that I had done 4 days ago or due to stone ? seriously I am not sure that its a muscle pain or something else like urinary path pain ? So please help . But I have 4,7 mm stone I am sure regarding that .
I have acidity which goes after I drink water. Am I doing right by drinking water or it needs a checkup?
My mother who is 63 years old has been diagnosed with 3 to 4 stones in gal bladder. One of the stones size is up to about 35 mm. She feels pain often and has to take pain killers. While we are trying alternatives to dissolve the stone and control pain, wanted to know common risks of carrying such a stone in gal balder.
I suffer from acidity and gastric problems please help me and suggest few methods and I avoid tablets so recommend me something else.
So I have a cyst and the surgeon is going to operate but he said he was going to use umbilical entry and was going to cleanse my stomach and patted my stomach and said you'll be okay but what procedure is he going to do how is he going to cleanse my stomach?
Last few years I suffer from stomach problem like, stool is coming with lot of cough and some time with blood. Bottom left side stress type pain happens continue. Ct scan, ultra sound etc have done but nothing any observation. Please suggest what I have to do.
Digestion problem, I am facing acidity problem since few weeks. I avoided eating oily and spicy but still unable to control. Please suggest.
I am 23 years old. Doc said me I have ibs. Loose motion very frequently n loosing my weight. Taking meva-c from 2 and half years. Suggest something to get rid of it ?
Found blood in my stool 2 times in 2 weeks. Can dis b a case of snal fissure? Is there anything to worry?
From last two days I am feeling itching while excreting waste through anus and also bleeding along with waste, what is this happening to me please I am very sad.
• Drink 1 – 2 glasses of lukewarm water early morning to stay healthy and acidity free. Drink more and more water. It is one of the easy Home Remedies to beat acidity. Have a habit to drink warm water after meal at night which helps in proper digestion.
• Coconut water is an effective means for acidity and soothe your digestive system.
• Eat carbohydrate rich food like rice ,which is easy to digest without any acid formation.
• Banana, watermelon and cucumber aid your digestion and good for curing acidity. So, use it in your diet.
• Vegetables like sweet potatoes ,carrot and beet root are effective in fighting acidity. Vegetables such as drumsticks, beans, pumpkin and carrot give you relief from acidity.
• Have dinner two to three hours before sleep, it would ensure food is digested completely and keep you healthy.
• Eat some almonds after every meal, every snack, every time you ingest something basically. Nuts do something to seemingly neutralize the juices in your stomach, relieving and preventing some instances of heartburn.
• Chewing on five to six tulsi leaves when you suffer from acidity is a great way to beat the discomfort you feel.
• Simply chewing on a few saunf seeds can help reduce the symptoms of acidity, as a long term remedy, boil a few seeds in water and leave overnight, drink this water during the day when you feel uneasy.
• Have one teaspoon of amla powder twice a day to help keep acidity at bay.
• Take a probiotic supplement. Probiotics are mixtures of "good" bacteria normally found in your gut.
• Use of honey and water before meals fights acidity.
• You can take cold cow milk before going to bed at night to cure acidity.
• You can chew piece of jaggery after every meal. Potassium present in the jaggery help to balance the stomach acid. Diabetes patients should not take jaggery.
• Sucking ginger is also very beneficial to neutralize stomach acid.
• Exercise daily. Yoga is the best exercise for acidity to cure and reduce it naturally.
• For instant relief from acidity, one should use Jaggery, banana, and yogurt.
• Clove: One piece of clove (laung or lavang) if kept in the mouth for some time can help in reducing acidity. Clove juice that goes into the system with saliva eases the abdomen and stomach greatly.
• Don’t eat fried and oily food.
• Avoid intake of coffee ,tea and soft drinks.
• Avoid eating citrus fruits ,such as sweet lime and oranges , as they have high acid content.
• Stop smoking and limit your intake of alcohol as both can damage the sphincter and cause acid reflux.
• Avoid late nights ,as inadequate sleep can lead to severe acidity.
• Avoid going to bed immediately after having dinner.
• Do not wear tight clothes and lose weight if you are obese. Yoga and meditation can help lessen stress and reduce heartburn.
• Activities that put too much pressure on the stomach and cause acid reflux, such as bending; lifting heavy objects, straining, and coughing should be reduced as well.
I feel a sensation of burning of food pipe after taking meals what should I do for relief of this problem?
Ulcer pain can be uneasy and unbearable at times. It is caused by a bacterium known as the H. Pylori. Pain medication, lifestyle changes, and healthy eating habits can ensure pain relief from this condition. Here is a list of 4 best ways to get instant pain relief from an ulcer:
- Medication - H. Pylori is often found in the digestive tract. Doctors suggest various combinations of antibiotics kill this bacterium. Some of those include tetracycline, levofloxacin, metronidazole, and tinidazole. These are prescribed as per the resistance rate of the bacteria. There are other sets of medication that blocks acid production in the body. These drugs which commonly go by the name of PPIs include esomeprazole, lansoprazole, and pantoprazole. The third set of medications reduces acidity in the stomach and gives instant relief. They are readily available over the counter and goes by the name antacid. The final line of medicines that are often prescribed by doctors includes Cytotec and Carafate. They protect the tissue lining of the intestine and the stomach.
- Consumption of cranberry - Cranberry has multiple health benefits. One of those includes the ability to fight against bacteria of the urinary tract. They also do not allow the bacteria to settle on the surface of the bladder. Cranberry in the form of juice, supplement and as a whole can be consumed daily to get relief from the stomach ulcer. It should be taken in specific quantity as too much of cranberry consumption can upset the stomach. Packaged cranberry juice from the market can be avoided as they contain high level of fructose which can unsettle the stomach.
- Flavonoids - A compound known as bioflavonoids are known to be extremely helpful for pain relief from an ulcer. These compounds naturally occur in many vegetables and fruits such as soybeans, berries, apples, legumes, green tea, broccoli and berries. Bioflavonoids available in red wine and citrus food should be strictly avoided as they can trigger ulcer pain. Bioflavonoids should be taken in measured quantities as too much consumption of it can cause harm in blood clotting. It can be consumed in the form of supplements if the body doesn’t receive the same from the daily diet.
- Deglycyrrhizinated licorice - This compound is nothing but licorice with the sweet flavour pulled out of it. A study showed that they are capable of completing curing the ulcer containing bacteria by inhibiting their growth. Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice is available in the form of candy and can be consumed once the pain starts. Supplements too are available in the market. Not more than 2 ounces of Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice should be consumed in a day as they can cause fluctuation in blood pressure and lead to heart diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.