Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gadikar Harshal
Submit a review for Dr. Gadikar HarshalYour feedback matters!
Which of these cause Gastric problem? Which should be avoided for stomach problems: Chick peas (Channa) Green peas Kidney beans (Rajma) Soya chunks (meal maker) Butter Beans Sweet Corn.
I have sharp pain in my right side corner of lower abdomen and back. I get this pain mostly during my menstrual cycle even after bleeding has stopped. I have problem in bowel moments .am on bifilac but no change. I went for ultra sonography abdomen and the results were normal. And recently I went through laparoscopy n everything was normal. Still I have pain. Is it related to gastro or Gyno.
Whenever I go to the toilet to dump a stool, blood comes out in small amounts but no pain. Should I be worried?
Hi, I am facing issue of fissure. Will it cure by medicine or I have to do surgery. And want to know how can I reduce that skin tag from outer anal.Please suggest me something for that.
One of the more severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
1. Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
2. Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
3. Crohn's colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas,
4. Ileitis: This type affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
Despite the uncertainty as to the nature of the specific causes of Crohn's disease, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
1. Immune system problems
2. Genetic disorders
3. Environmental factors
a) Certain edibles
b) Viruses or harmful bacteria
The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
1. Diarrhea: This can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in more severe cases.
2. In rare cases, there may be blood in your stool.
3. In more intense cases, you may even develop a fever.
4. Cramping and intermittent belly pain.
5. Anemia, due to a reduction in iron levels caused by bloody stools.
6. Weight loss.
7. Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus, called anal fissures.