Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Farzana Shakeel Shaikh
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Farzana Shakeel ShaikhYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
She is a very practical doctor. The Prudent International Health Clinic is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. During the treatment, my Farzana Shakeel Shaikh supported me a lot as my child my suffering. I owe her a big thanks for making him fine again. All of sudden he developed this ichthyosis vulgaris and didn't know what to do. One of my cousin's referred to Farzana Shakeel Shaikh. Whatever tests the Farzana prescribed, were very correct and they gave us an exact idea about his condition. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Prudent Clinic. he is so much benefitted with her ichthyosis vulgaris treatment, that he is perfectly fine now.
Never thought my 2 year old daughter will suffer from something colic like tHer. I owe dr Farzana Shakeel Shaikh a big thanks for making her fine again. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a clinic. My boss referred me dr Farzana Shakeel Shaikh. she is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. the best thing about Farzana Shakeel Shaikh is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines. During the treatment, she supported me a lot.
My baby was having certain problems during breastfeeding.i consulted his doctor, Dr Farzana for help. She is very professional and is a really patient listener. Overall lactation problems treatment was very effective. In the very first sitting, she clearly told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future. The overall atmosphere in the Prudent Clinic is very soothing.
the nurses at the Prudent International Health Clinic were really helpful. she is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Our family physician personally recommended the Farzana Shakeel Shaikh. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to do caring for toddlers properly, until i consulted Farzana Shakeel ShaikhThanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my child's skin rash. I took her to Dr Farzana. Thanks to the expert care and guidance,my child is much better than before. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. On the very first day she identified my problem. The overall atmosphere in the Prudent International Health Clinic is very soothing.
Even though it's been more than a year since I took Childhood vacinations for my kid from her, still if I sometimes have any query and call her, Farzana Shakeel Shaikh still takes my call in case of any emergency. In Prudent International Health Clinic in Pune the patient feels very comfortable. she ensures that she listens to her patients.
It was a bad case of allergy.Thanks to the expert care and guidance of dr Farzana Shakeel Shaikh, I feel much better than before.Never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rather she has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. At her clinic Prudent International Health Clinic in pune
Even though Farzana Shakeel Shaikh is not from our city, she is still very famous for caring for small children, so we consulted her. . Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help. she is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
I wanted to know about all the vaccination for my child. I consulted Dr Farzana. She guided me about all the necessary vaccinations. I thank her for his guidance. She is a well known pediatrician. I am completely satisfied with the vaccinations she gave.
I took my child to so many doctors , but no one was able to solve his vomiting issues. Dr Farzana;s treatment suited the best. I thank him for the best possible treatment. I must say that he is one of the best pediatrician in the city.
Dr. Farzana Shakeel Shaikh provides answers that are practical. If you could send me the name of doctor to see in pgi Chandigarh I will be grateful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Farzana Shakeel Shaikh to be caring, very helpful, sensible and knowledgeable.
My 2 years old son has been detected with ++ Albumin level in R.E of urine. He has some puffiness over his eyelids .What are the consequences? Is there any food restriction? What should I do?
My son 2 years old he have prob in worm in motion area. He said always biting that worm. 2 months back I gave bandy suspension. Now what I do? He is crying fully night for that. Kindly answer and help soon urgent! Pls.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.