Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhaigude
Submit a review for Dr. DhaigudeYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/madam, I have consulted you already. Now I have meet from another doctor and again checkup then found the stone size is 5mm in left side kidney in deep. So please guide me, either operation is needed for this size of stone or this can be removed by medicine. Please give me a proper advise. Thanks, Sushil Kumar.
I am suffering from frequent urination whenever I sleep and its disturbing my sleep and I can not have sound sleep because of it. Right now I am under treatment of acidity and taking PPI meds like rabeprazole once a days can anyone suggest me some tips and remedies to cure this incontinence. Thankyou.
There is a rich concentration of minerals in the kidneys, and when there is no sufficient medium to clear it out, these can form small crystals within the urinary tract and can settle anywhere along the urinary tract. Stones can, therefore, be found in any part of the kidney and the ureters, which connect the kidney to the bladder.
The pain that is associated with kidney stones is very diagnostic. It includes a sharp shooting pain in the back of the abdomen, on either side of the spine. Kidney stones tend to be recurrent, and so patients who have had an episode would be able to tell when they have kidney stone pain.
When the size of the stone is less than 4 mm, it is usually passed through urine and eliminated from the system. However, if it is more than that, shock waves are used from an external source to break the bigger stones into smaller ones, which then get eliminated from the body through the kidneys on their own.
Ways to manage kidney stones
Immediate relief measures would include intravenous injections of pain relievers, which will help in getting rid of the pain. An additional shot may be required after a while for people suffering from severe pain. Also most people present with severe nausea and vomiting may require anti-emetics for the same. When being sent home, they may be given these medications to be continued at home.
Once you are home, the doctor may ask you to drink lots of water (up to 3 liters of water) and strain the urine to collect the stone as it is passed. The urine turning colourless is an indication that the water intake is adequate. If there is any colour in the urine, water intake should be increased.
Immediate admission to the hospital may be required in the following conditions:
- In people with one kidney where the stone has already come down to the ureter
- Persistently high fever of up to 104 with shaking and chills
- Elderly people, greater than 60 years of age
- Severe dehydration and vomiting
- No improvement of symptoms after an hour of treatment
Larger kidney stones would be removed by one of the following methods:
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL): This is the most common mode of treatment, where shock waves are used to break down the stones into smaller segments, which are then passed out through the urine.
- Ureteroscopy: This involves passing a tube from the urethra all the way up to the bladder to retrieve the stone.
I had urine infection wbc 55 I take niftas tablet 5 days 2 time after meal finished my tab course but last 4 days I had headache n feeling like vomiting but I can not n fever I feel all this symptoms after headache body ache n weakness whats the matter is.
I have problem of frequent maturation since childhood. Now I am 21 but till about 13 I suffered from bed wetting that was cured by homeopathic medicine but the problem of frequent maturation still sustains. Is it diabetes or it may be any other problem? And also sometimes I feel like when I urinate some drops don't come out and when I sneez or cough it comes out. please suggest me possible ways to cure it. Thank you.
I have stones in my kidney. My age is 24. In right kidney 4 mm multiple stones. In my left kidney 2 mm stones. How to cure it. What are home remedies and medicine for it.
Chronic kidney disease also known as chronic renal disease is a form of kidney disorder where renal function is progressively lost over a long period. This disease has got unspecific symptoms and includes loss of appetite, feeling unwell, etc.
Homeopathy is an ideal and effective form of treatment for chronic kidney diseases. Homeopathy is natural and tries to correct all the underlying causes of the condition. General symptoms and constitutional indications are considered in homeopathy before choosing the best medicine.
Here is a list of several homeopathic medicines, which are used to treat chronic kidney diseases, along with the symptoms in case of which they are used.
- Apis mellifica: This homeopathic medicine is not used in acute forms of CKD. Symptoms of this type include oedematous swelling on the face, paleness, headaches, pain in the back and limb, oedema pulmonum, etc. It is used when there are dull aches in the kidney, reduced urination and micturition. The urine contains albumen in high levels and blood corpuscles. Eruption of the skin occurs, and the patient feels drowsy.
- Arsenicum: This medicine is used in all stages of CKD and is one of the best remedies. It is used in later stages of the disease when the patient's skin becomes pale, and he develops a waxen appearance, excess thirst and diarrhoea. The shade of the urine is dark and full of albumen. Dyspnoea attacks are also observed while lying down during the night. Taking aconite produces a mucus and the patient gets relief.
- Aurum muriaticum: This homeopathic medicine is used to cure renal diseases such as morbus brightii caused from a gout or from syphilis. Digestive and nervous problems are indicated along with great irritability. Vertigo may also be caused.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the ideal homeopathic remedy for treating inflammation of the kidneys accompanied by piercing or burning pain in the lumbar region of the kidney. The pain reappears repeatedly with increased intensity each time.
- Cantharis: This homeopathic cure is used in nephritis. There is a cutting pain in the lumbar region, the urine contains blood and the flow is in the form of drops. Cantharis is used in post diphtheric kidney disorders with dropsy.
- Conavallaria: Conavallaria is used in case of nephritis occurring due to heart disorders. It is used when the heart functions irregularly and also in anasarca and ascites because of mitral insufficiency.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for the treatment of chronic kidney diseases. There are homeopathic cures for all types of renal diseases.
My urine protein and uric acid is a little high. Now I am walking 1 hour a day. Can I take protein diet.
My cousin sister is 45 years old and she is having the Urine leakage problem. She suffers from tension but otherwise she has no other problem. Pressure sugar everything is normal. What to do? Walking a little faster also brings the urine out.
At a point when our bodies process the protein we eat, the procedure creates waste products. In kidneys, millions of tiny blood vessels act as filters since they have even tinier holes in them. As blood flows through these vessels, little molecules such as waste items may press through the gaps. These waste items turn out to be a part of the urine. Helpful substances, such as protein and red blood cells are too enormous to go through the gaps in the filter and stay in the blood.
Diabetes and kidneys: Diabetes can harm the kidneys. Abnormal amounts of glucose make the kidneys filter a lot of blood. After a couple of years, they begin to spill and helpful protein is thereby, lost in urine. Having low protein levels in the urine is called micro albuminuria.
Medication: When kidney disease is analyzed on time, during micro albuminuria, a few medications may keep kidney disease from getting worse. Having elevated levels of protein in the urine is called macro albuminuria. When kidney disease is looked up some other time during macro albuminuria, end-stage renal disease (ESRD) usually follows.
Causes: Strain on the organs may cause the kidneys to lose their filtering capacity. Waste items then begin to develop in the blood. Finally, the kidneys start to fail. This failure, ESRD, is intense. A patient with ESRD needs a kidney transplant or a blood filtration by a machine (dialysis).
Other complications: Individuals with diabetes will probably have other kidney-related issues such as bladder infections and nerve damages in the bladder.
Preventing complications: Not everybody with diabetes goes through a kidney diseases Elements that can impact kidney disease improvement include genetics, blood-sugar control and blood pressure. The more a person keeps diabetes and blood pressure under control, the lower the chances of getting a kidney disease.
Keeping your glucose level high can counteract diabetic kidney problems. Research has demonstrated that blood glucose control diminishes the danger of micro albuminuria by 33%. For individuals who suffer from micro albuminuria have now a reduced danger of advancing to macro albuminuria. Different studies have recommended that blood glucose control can reverse micro albuminuria.
Treatment: Essential treatments for kidney infection include control of blood glucose and blood pressure. Blood pressure dramatically affects the rate at which the condition progresses. Indeed, even a gentle increase in blood pressure can rapidly aggravate a kidney infection. Four approaches to bring down your blood pressure are:
- Shedding pounds
- Eating less salt
- Maintaining a strategic distance from liquor and tobacco
- Exercising regularly
A low-protein diet can decrease the amount of lost protein in the urine and increase the protein levels in the blood. Never begin a low-protein diet without talking to your physician or nephrologist.