Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DevekarYour feedback matters!
My mother is undergoing unbearable problems with her breathing. She cannot take full breath since last 3 years. She has to deliberately take long breath frequently. She has become very weak and depressed. We consulted many doctors but they are telling her not to take tension or prescribing her anti depressants. however its not working. PLEASE HELP. Where should I take her. Please suggest doctor and treatment.
Hello doc, my sister is suffering from diabetes. She is having glucose level in blood 330. And she is suffering from breathing problem. Tell me your advice for it.
Coughing red blood from two days. Earlier I drunk cold drink and got throat infection. What should i do?
I am not feeling well from around a month. Have been going through body pain, headache, light fever and tiredness, weakness. Got myself checked up but no findings yet. All checkups done hiv, sugar, CPR,sinusitis, thyroid,completeblood count and other blood related tests. But have been still suffering. Can anyone help me what.
Homeopathy is now considered as one of the leading therapies that can efficiently deal with asthma trouble. Asthma is nothing but a respiratory trouble, and it can be very much severe at times and this is the reason you should take some precautions from the very beginning.
This breathing difficulty or disability can now be treated with ease by using different useful homeopathy medicines. These medicines are mainly created by homeopathy researchers, and they have got improved formulations as a result of which you can get the results within a few days.
Patient's psycho-physiological troubles can be corrected or rectified by homoeopathy drugs. Permanent asthma can be cured by these medicines, and thus you can rely on the same. These medicines are completely natural and hence, there is no scope of any side-effects at all. Your immunity power can be boosted to a great extent with the intake of homeopathy medicines.
List of homeopathic drugs treating asthma:
- Natrum Sulph: If you are looking for the most natural homeopathic remedy, then nothing can be a better option other than Natrum Sulph. If your kids are suffering from chronic asthma, then the doctors often prescribe using this medicine for getting quickest relief from the symptoms. In most of the cases, hereditary asthma which is too very stubborn can be efficiently treated by this drug. Dampness and humid weather are the two most extreme conditions that invite asthma attacks, and those attacks can be effectively dealt with this remedy.
- Arsenic Album: All asthma forms can be well treated using this medicine. Chronic phase or acute state can be efficiently treated by his specialized homeopathic medicine. If you get a severe attack during the midnight, then it is not always possible to call the doctor urgently. In that case, only this drug can save your life and can provide you relief from extreme asthma symptoms. Suffocation and restlessness can be completely eliminated, and thus you can have a peaceful sleep.
- Kali carb: Asthma attacks especially during morning times can be alleviated by this medicine. This medicine is simply wonderful and its effects are unbeatable. But in this case, you should take only limited doses for getting the actual results.
- Sambucus: Dying asthma situations can now be easily handled by means of this drug and thus you should keep the same in your home so that emergency conditions can be met. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
1.3 new goals – cure, prevent resistance and break chain of transmission.
2. Introduction of daily regime.
3. Definition and treatment of mono and polyresistance apart from mdr and xdr tuberculosis.
4. Treatment in cat 1 – 2 (hrze) + 4 (hre): continue ethambutol in continuation phase too.
5. Treatment in cat 2 – 2 (hrzes) + 1 (hrze) + 5 (hre).
6. Introduction of bedaquiline as a new drug. Atp synthase inhibitor specifically targets myc. Tb. Indicated in age more than 18 years. Contraindicatef in pregnancy and those taking hormonal ocp. It may be given in patients with stable arrythmia.
7. Definition of presumptive tuberculosis. Duration > 2 weeks etc.
8. New algorithm to diagnose tuberculosis – pulmonary, extrapulmonary, drug resistant.
9. Introduction of newer molecular methods like cbnaat and line probe assay in diagnostic algorithm apart from smear microscopy and chest xray.
10. Diagnosis of tuberculosis based on x-ray will be called as clinically diagnosed tuberculosis.
11. Sputum should be around 2ml and preferably be mucopurulent.
12. Follow up – new and previously treated drug sensitive pulmonary tuberculosis – no need to extend intensive phase, sputum microscopy at end of ip and end of treatment, weight monthly, chest x-ray if required.
13. Follow up – mdr tuberculosis – sputum smear monthly 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 months in intensive phase and at 3 months interval in continuation phase 9, 12, 15, extend ip phase by maximum 3 months total of 9 months.
Some more additions to it, adding here which might help to pg students.
1) monitoring health status of tb treated patients (for recurrence of tb) for 24 months after treatment
2) online monitoring of treatment adherence through 99dots programme (currently it is on pilot basis running for tb-hiv patients)
3) intensified tb case finding in clinically, socially and geographically vulnerable population. It's a provider initiated activity.
4) now'tb suspect' term is replaced by'presumptive tb case.
5) in diagnostic algorithm sputum examination along with chest x-ray is recommended.
6)'nsp' term is replaced by'microbiologically confirmed case'
7) nsn and others r called now onwards'clinically diagnosed tb' case. (terms replaced)
8) definitions of cured, defaulted, treatment completed, failure, failure to respond, loss to follow up are somwhat changed.
9) cat i, cat ii, cat iv terminologies r obsolete n replaced by drug sensitive (new or previously treated) and drug resistant tb categories.