Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Kawedia ClinicYour feedback matters!
The vast majority of us never consider our sinuses when we take a full breath through the nose. For others, this problem of stuffy nose, excruciating headaches, fever and infections, in episodes of sicknesses, last up to twelve weeks no less than four times each year. We should take a look at how this issue occurs and how to help them through Maharishi Ayurveda. This is how sinusitis occurs:
- Sinus issues are really brought on by a fundamental irregularity in Prana Vata (the subdosha of Vata that sees the brain and the head) and Shleshaka Kapha (a subdosha of Kapha, which administers oil and dampness levels).
- At the point when these two sub-doshas are at the same time imbalanced, another problem emerges. Ama, the sticky waste that is a result of processing, gets blended with Shleshaka Kapha in the sinus area, shaping a more toxic, sticky bodily fluid called Shleshma. Shleshma settles in the zone and stops the channels of the sinuses. Because of the confinement and blocking, Pitta dosha likewise gets to be imbalanced, and irritation occurs.
- At that point when each of the three doshas are out of adjustment, the body turns into a ground for bacteria, allergens, or infections. Air contamination, changes of hot and frosty climate increase it further. Eating unnecessary measures of chilly, sweet, not being able to workout or exercise can add to the problem.
Here is how it can be cured through Ayurveda:
Step 1: Eat foods that are not very hot, furthermore not very chilly. Stay away from extraordinary temperatures or foods that have extreme temperatures, for example, stew peppers or super cold foods and refreshments. Eat properly cooked, warm dinners that are light, sustaining, and simple to process. For instance, for breakfast, you could eat a stewed apple, and for the dinner eat khichari (a light and sustaining porridge made with two sections rice and one section mung dhal).
Step 2: Drink a lot of water seasoned with flavours, to decontaminate the sinuses of toxins and to allow the harmful waste that has developed to stream out. Bubble two quarts of water, empty the water into a bottle, and put two leaves of basil, two thin cuts of ginger, four leaves of mint, two bits of clove, and ¼ teaspoon of marshmallow root. Continue drinking this water for the duration of the day, however, make it again every morning.
Step 3: Detoxify the body and restore the sinus territory. Eat a lot of natural, crisp foods grown from the ground. Abstain from eating eggplant, banana, tomato and pepper, since these block the channels. Try not to skip meals or suppers, since that will annoy the stomach and create more problems for your body.
Asthma, as known to most, is a chronic respiratory condition characterized by swelling and narrowing of the airways with an increased mucus production. The condition can affect children as well adults. However, it is quite disturbing to see that asthma among children is on a mercurial rise. In many cases, children below the age of 5 years seem to be at the receiving end, complicating the things further. What is worse, being so small, some children are not even aware of their condition.
Recognising the Symptoms in Children
There may be a myriad of symptoms that could be an indication of asthma in children. However, not all children will exhibit similar symptoms.
- A child may cough uncontrollably, especially while laughing, crying, playing or even at night (a night cough).
- Wheezing is also common in such children. One may also complain of chest tightness.
- Breathing troubles such as breathlessness or shortness of breath may be seen in some children.
- The child may feel weak and tired.
- The chest and the neck muscles also appear to be tightened.
- Many children are found to often suffer from cold resulting in a chest congestion.
In some children with asthma, coughing may be the only associated symptom, a condition known as Cough-Variant Asthma.
Factors that increase the risk of asthma in children
- Increased exposure to smoke. The exposure can be before or even after birth.
- Some children may suffer from hay fever, a kind of nasal allergy that often results in an asthmatic reaction. Eczema can also act as a potential trigger.
- Necessary precautions (as much as possible) should be taken for children who have a family history of asthma. Those with a family history of allergies also need to be careful.
- Asthma may affect children with low birth weight as well as those with respiratory infections.
There is no denying the fact that a child with asthma should be under medical supervision with proper treatment. However, self-management can prove to be equally effective to keep asthma under control.
- As we all know asthma can be quite unpredictable, affecting the child at any point in time, always keep the medications and the inhaler handy.
- It is always advisable to use a mask (especially those suffering from nasal allergies).
- Get the child well vaccinated especially with the flu vaccination (the yearly vaccination).
- There are various factors (pollens, dust, cold, to name a few) that trigger an asthmatic reaction in a child. Identify the triggers and work towards keeping the child away from them as much as possible.
- The most important point, be in regular touch with the attending physician and keep an update on the condition.
- For school going children, the teachers and the school authorities should be informed about child's condition.
- Never panic in front of the child even in the case of an extreme and severe flare-up.
I am suffering from dry cough and cold and I got pain in chest whenever I cough can you please suggest me any medicine.
What is the best solution for asthma.and I having headache also Please suggest me something for that.
Sir I am suffering with asthma can I take vitamin c 1000 mg tablets for skin and hair. Is vitamin c tablets increase asthma.
In an effort to eradicate Tuberculosis (TB) by 2030, a total of 114 countries have joined hands to take action against TB. This collaboration was announced at the first WHO global ministerial conference in Moscow.
It has also been observed that since the year 2000, approximately 53 million lives were saved and the overall mortality rate has been reduced by 37 percent for TB. Despite the past efforts to control the spread of this deadly disease and is known to take lives more than any other contagious disease.
How should prevent yourself from getting affected?
What is the recommended dose for mother tincture blatta orientalis (30 ml), which I have been advised for bronchial asthma.
Hi How to prevent asthma naturally through diet? Which foods to be taken and which foods to be avoided?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 7 years & I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest me what should be done now?
In my x ray of chest there is inhomogeneous opacity seen in lt. Lower zone. Summation of vascular marking? Consolidation. Both hila appear prominent.
Sir I was suffering from cough and cold and tingling and sting and spasm in my body. I got recovered bt when I masturbate I got the same problem bt little less in compare to previous problem. Sir get itchy eye and red eye and some what itchy sensation in my body and some what tingling again. Bt now it is very less than before. Sir guide me what I am suffering from. I have sometime itchy tongue also. And sneezing and normal cold. normal cold is from 1 month.
As soon as I go to bed I start coughing n irritating my throat. Some time I feel continues cough. I need a ready for this. Please provide.
I am suffering from khasi from 2 months I had done my x ray but it is normal please suggest me what should I do also I i suffered from fever 2 to 3 times in this duration.
For Ayurvedic doctor - I suffer from post nasal dripping. My ayurvedic doc has recommended 3 drops of shadbindu nasal drops in each nostril in the mornings. My sinus seems to have got aggravated (I started around 15 days back). Is this normal? How long does this medicine take to fully cure sinusitis? Should I add anything to this? Thanks.
Mucolite syrup suggested for coughing for 5 month old baby bybyoc. There are any benefits other than coughing. Kindly advise.
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the paranasal sinuses. The inflammation could be caused by a virus, bacteria, or fungus. The infection may also be the result of an allergic or autoimmune reaction - when the immune system attacks healthy cells.
Causative factors for Sinusitis:
- The common cold
- Allergic rhinitis
- Small growths in the lining of the nose called nasal polyps
- A deviated septum, which is a shift in the nasal cavity
Types of Sinusitis:-
- Acute sinusitis:Usually starts with cold like symptoms such as a runny, stuffy nose and facial pain. It may start suddenly and last 2-4 weeks.
- Subacute sinus:Inflammation usually lasts 4 to 12 weeks.
- Chronic inflammation: Symptoms last 12 weeks or longer.
- Recurrent sinusitis: Happens several times a year.
Symptoms of Acute Sinusitis:
- Facial pain or pressure
- Stuffy nose
- Runny nose
- Loss of smell
- Cough or congestion
- Bad breath
- Fatigue Dental pain
Symptoms of Chronic Sinusitis:
- You may have these symptoms for 12 weeks or more
- A feeling of congestion or fullness in face
- A nasal obstruction or nasal blockage
- Pus in the nasal cavity
- Runny nose or discolored postnasal drainage.
How Homoeopathy helps to cure for Sinusitis?
Homeopathic medicines can be of great help in the treatment of Sinusitis. The natural Homeopathic mode of treatment aims at rebuilding the body’s immunity to Sinusitis. The Homeopathic treatment for sinusitis can completely cure the chronicity and recurrence of Sinusitis. Chronic Sinusitis stands the best chance of being cured by Homeopathy. The Homeopathic treatment of sinusitis is far superior as it does not resort to any strong medicines or antibiotics. The homeopathic medicine for sinusitis is mild and has the additional benefit that it does not cause any side effect at all.
Commonly indicated Homoeopathic remedies:
Belladonna: Throbbing pains in the front part of the head that come on suddenly and tend to leave suddenly only to return are characteristic of children who need this medicine.
HEPARSulphur:Rarely indicated at the beginning of a sinusitis condition. Children begin sneezing and then develop sinusitis from the least exposure to cold air. Their nasal discharge is thick and yellow. The nostrils become very sore from the acrid discharge, and their nasal passages become sensitive to cold air.
Kali bich:The distinguishing feature of children with sinusitis who need this medicine is that they have a thick, stringy nasal discharge. They have extreme pain at the root of the nose that is better by applying pressure there. The bones and scalp feel sore. Dizziness and nausea when rising from sitting and the severe pain may lead to dimmed vision.
Mercurius:These children feel as though their head was in a vise. The pains are worse in open air, from sleeping, and after eating and drinking. The pains are also aggravated by extremes of hot and cold temperature. The scalp and the nose become very sensitive to the touch. Their teeth feel long and painful, and they may salivate excessively.