Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Debanshu.S. BhaduriYour feedback matters!
My PSA is 3.8 which is in normal limits but ultrasound shows enlargement of prostrate.I am interested in homeopathic treatment if any if required. My age is 75 pl give detailed comment wtth medicine if any.Thanks
What is the general symptoms of cancer? How will we may conscious about this? And is there any treatment at last stages?
Hello doctor. I am a lymphoma patient now my treatment is over. (chemotherapy and radiation). Last 2 days I was fasting. Is their any problem for that. Should I fast for following days, because my treatment was at ramadan time.
Is there any risk of spreading cancer in biopsy. I know many people who were having cancer but were not feeling much problem before biopsy. After biopsy there condition were critical .Is it correct. Is it last option. I am not doctor but after taking a tissue from affected area. Blood will mixed with pure blood vessels and chances of spreading increases. Please suggest am I right or wrong.
What is benign tumor and what is precautions to avoid from it how to remove and what types of drugs should be used.
I am a 23 year old male with cancer I constantly have a loss of appetite and I get nauseous when I force myself to eat I have nights where I can not sleep and the nights I do sleep its not very long what should I do?
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Though medications are available, confirmatory treatment is through surgical removal. The procedure needs a inimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a urologist and ask a free question.