Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Debanshu.S. BhaduriYour feedback matters!
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. My question is that what are the symptoms of pituitary gland cancer?
I am 62 years Male suffering from Prostate Enlargement for the last 4 years. Now I am planning to go for TURP which is suggested by Urologist. Now I understand that Laser surgery for this is available which is painless and bloodless where recovery is reported to be very fast unlike conventional surgery. Please inform me which is best type of surgery ie. Either conventional or laser surgery.(weight of the gland is 140 gms.
Renal cancer is also known as hypernephroma, renal cell carcinoma (RCC), kidney cancer or renal adenocarcinoma. The kidneys are organs in your body that dispose off waste, while additionally regulating fluid balance. There are small tubes in the kidneys called tubules. These filter the blood, help in discharging waste, and make urine. RCC happens when cancer cells start to grow out of control in the lining of the tubules of the kidney. Renal cancer is a progressive disease that spreads to the lungs and the organs around it.
Medical experts do not know the exact cause behind renal cancer. It is most commonly found in men between the ages of 50 and 70. There are some risk factors and signs that indicate one’s possibility of having renal cancer and these are as follows:
- Family history of renal cancer
- Dialysis treatment
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Smoking cigarettes
- Polycystic kidney disease (a condition that causes cyst formation in the kidneys)
At a point when renal cancer is in its initial stages, patients might not see any symptoms. The symptoms are mainly seen in the later stages. Some of the most common symptoms are as follows:
- Blood in urine: Blood in urine is called hematuria. As indicated by the Renal Cancer Association, hematuria is the most widely recognized indication of kidney cancer. In case you have blood in your urine, you may see pink, rust or even a red staining.
- Lower back pain: The vast majority does not encounter pain until cancer is in later stages. Pain from renal cancer is felt on one side of the flank, the region over the pelvis, and beneath the ribs in the abdomen. This pain can go from a dull yearn to a sharp wound, frequently leaving the area blue. In case you have any sudden pain that continues for more than a couple of days, you need to see a specialist.
- A mass or lump: A mass or protuberance in the abdomen can be an indication of renal cancer. Kidney knots might be hard to feel since they are somewhere down in the abdomen. Once a bump is found, your specialist may arrange symptomatic tests such as an ultrasound or a CT scan. These tests may diagnose what your knot might be.
- Iron deficiency and fatigue: Weakness and a fall in your iron levels are the most common symptoms of any type of cancer. Cancer exhaustion is not quite the same as simply feeling tired.
- Weight reduction, loss of appetite and fever: Another normal side effect of cancer is sudden and startling weight reduction. This happens quickly without any excessive workouts or dieting. A person diagnosed with cancer can also face a loss of appetite. In fact, even their most loved food items can get to be unappealing. Frequent fever is yet another common symptoms among most cancer patients.
In case your specialist suspects that you may have renal cancer, they will take some information about your and family’s medical history. They will then do a physical exam. Discoveries that can show renal cancer include swelling or irregularities in the stomach area. In case of men, augmented veins in the scrotal sac (varicocele) may be found. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.
Elevated PSA I am a 75 years old. My PSA last year was 4.03 this year it has elevated to 5.83. This has me stressed and worried. My urologist has recommend I have a biopsy. I have been reading and go ogling about prostate cancer and biopsies. The more I read and learn, the more confused I get. I am 50- to get a.
What are the possible treatments for Squamous Cell Carcinoma (skin cancer) without side effects. My father is having on on the lower lips. Chemo is bit costly and risky. Can radiation be given? Or is targeted therapy safe?
Do cancers are somehow related to heredity as I have seen many cases where cancer patients parent or uncle / some family member was also affected by same disease.
Thyroid cancer affects the thyroid glands, which are located at the base of the throat. These glands produce thyroid hormones, which help in controlling the blood pressure, heart rate, weight and the body temperature.
Thyroid cancer is primarily of four types:
- Anaplastic carcinoma: This is the most severe type of thyroid cancer which is rare, but spreads extremely fast once the person is affected:
- Follicular carcinoma: This type of thyroid cancer can be cured, but it might relapse. Follicular cancer spreads quickly as well.
- Papillary carcinoma: This type of cancer is more common. It generally affects women who are still of reproductive age. The spread of papillary cancer is gradual and it is less dangerous than the types.
- Medullary carcinoma: This type occurs in the non thyroid cells in the thyroid gland. Medullary cancer is hereditary in nature.
Thyroid cancer has the following signs and symptoms:
- Lumps in the anterior neck, close to the Adam's apple.
- Enlarged glands in the neck
- Swallowing difficulties
- Complications in breathing
- Neck or throat pain
- Persistent cough without any signs of a cold.
In Ayurveda, cancer is seen as a hindrance to the life force. The cancer cells lack prana (oxygen) and produce a growth beyond the life force. It is the result of the dominance of any of the three: 'vata', 'kapha' or 'pitta' in the body. Ayurveda is all about balancing the energies in the body. Polluted environment, processed food loaded with preservatives and salts, and certain other factors can greatly affect the 'vata', 'kapha' and 'pitta'. Thyroid is the result of an aberration in the "kapha" dosha in the body.
The endocrine system produces hormones, which help in the overall functioning of the body. The 'kapha' dosha holds the endocrine system together. The thyroid glands are an important part of the body; they are a major endocrine system. Herbs that can help with thyroid cancer:
- Black pepper
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Since I have type2 diabetics, there is a prostate slight prostrate enlargement. Also problem with erection. (i am 64 yrs).
I have been suffering from enlargement of prostrate for last 2 years. During October 2015 my PSA was detected at 10.92.Thereafter I underwent TRUS and prostrate BX. But it revealed no sign of malignancy. However immediately after Prostrate BX, I was fallen acutely sick with complete retention of Urine. Accordingly, I was hospitalized in January 2016 and treated with iv injection and catheterization. At the time of discharge after one week with catheter in situ, I was advised to go for TURP at the earliest. However, I was not in favor of surgery. Hence, I had made consultation with another surgeon in last week of January 2016 and based on his advice I have undergone MRI Prostrate .PI Rads of MRI is 3/5. Depending on the report, he prescribed me the medicine contiflo-D and advised me to report after 1.5 months with PSA Report. Accordingly, I made report to him in FEBRUARY 2016 WTH MY PSA reading at 8.05. On going through the report, the doctor removed my catheter, prescribed the same medicine –contiflo-D, and asked me to report again in May 2015 with PSA REPORT. On 7th. May 2016, I visited the doctor with PSA reading at 6.05.The doctor then prescribed me Urimax-D and Calutide-50. In replacement of the earlier prescribed medicine. However on consuming Calutide-50, I being a bronchial Asthma patient, developed breathing problem. Accordingly, I made my PSA test on 13.06.2016 and visited doctor on 15.06.2016 with PSA report of 2.72 .On going through the report the doctor advised me to continue other medicine excepting Calutide and report after 03 months with report on PSA and Haemoglobin. I have made my PSA and haemoglobin on 02.11.2016 and the report of test reveals that PSA has been elevated to 5.27 while haemoglobin % has also increased from 14.0 to 14.4.With the report I have consulted my Urologist on 05.11.2016 and due to elevation of PSA he has advised me to continue Calutide again. I have learnt from my chemist that the medicine Calutide is generally prescribed for treatment of Prostate cancer. I am rather worried if I have been suffering from the said Incurable disease. In view of the above, kindly inform me if Calutide can also be prescribed for BPH. Regards.
I am 27 years old female, unmarried, i'm having problem with my left breast its swollen and very paining and the paining was starting since my teen age. So please give me suggestion what should I do and what happen to me.
Dr. My mother and father both are cancer patients, my grandmother also died because of cancer ,So is there any possibility that in future I can also be a victim of cancer.!
If you are suffering from breast cancer, it is recommended that you undertake Ayurvedic measures for an effective and natural treatment. Breast cancer is a form of cancer that occurs in the cells of your breasts. The breast cells undergo abnormal growth and go out of control. This form of cancer is likely to occur in both women and men, although it is most common in women. A lot of breast cancer cases start from the ducts or lobes, while others start from the cellular lining of your milk ducts.
According to the principles of Ayurveda, your body is based on the tridoshas, which include vata, pitta, and kapha.
- An imbalance in these doshas can lead to diseases and disruption in your health. Cancer occurs when an imbalance of all the three doshas is experienced.
- An improper diet and lifestyle account for being the primary reason for this imbalance in doshas, leading to breast cancer.
- Your digestive fire is also affected, which leads to the accumulation of toxins, thereby blocking all the channels of your body.
- All these factors are collectively responsible for the development of breast cancer.
- Ayurvedic treatment for breast cancer is very effective because of its natural approach.
- Without the use of any chemicals and radiation, you get efficient management by using Ayurvedic remedies for breast cancer.
- Your body functioning is enhanced without the concern of any negative effect on your health.
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are used for breast cancer treatment. These herbs help in controlling the abnormal growth of breast cells, and in the later stages of breast cancer, these also help in reducing pain.
The herbs play an important role in preventing the condition from spreading to other organs.
- This powerful Ayurvedic herb contains natural rejuvenating properties for your body.
- It also helps in eliminating stress, weakness and fatigue, which are associated with breast cancer.
- This effective Ayurvedic herb contains several medicinal properties.
- It is an antioxidant and helps in reducing free radicals from your body. This is beneficial for an improved health and immunity.
- The herb is capable of dealing with toxins and infections, and is super effective in treating malignant cancers.
- This is an Ayurvedic product, which is obtained by mixing several herbs such as amalaki, haritaki, ginger, kachnar bark and a lot more.
- This is effective in maintaining healthy tissues and cells. It also stops the abnormal growth of cancerous cells.
It is important for you to visit a licensed and experienced Ayurvedic practitioner for getting the best Ayurvedic remedies for breast cancer treatment. This will ensure that you get the most effective remedies, based on your condition.