Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D H Gulabani
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. D H GulabaniYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old medical student. I have the habit of smoking from the past 1 year. In the short time I became very addicted to it that I smoke 15-20 cigarettes a day. I realized it's cause and decided to quit smoking. I stopped smoking for 2 days. Now it became more harder like cough, sleeplessness, anxiety to smoke, and so on. As a medico I know these are withdrawal symptoms. But how to get rid of it? please help me.
All of you have gone through ups and downs in your life. During the tough times when everything goes wrong, you certainly have experienced a persistent low mood when you have thought that you were admitting defeat, you felt sadness throughout the days and lost interest in every sphere. This is basically recognized as depression, a mental health disorder and it is a very common phase which everybody has to encounter in their life. But the problem with the most of the people is about acknowledging depression. While overcoming depression necessitates a step forward to become open to it, most of the people have the tendency to remain silent towards their depression as they consider it personal or ignore it as just a mere state of mind.
Regarding the effectiveness of homeopathic treatment:
Now the question can be asked whether homeopathic remedies are effective enough to cure depression. Most of the doctors claim that the clinical depression can successfully be treated with homeopathic remedies though it depends entirely on the fact that how early the patient comes to consult a doctor. Apart from this, the most useful part of homeopathic treatment is that it is totally free from any kind of side effects and if anybody is required to take the homeopathic medication for a long time, it would not lead to damage to your body. There was a common concept among many people to consider Homoeopathic treatment as nothing but a ‘placebo effect'. Nowadays this concept has received effective contradictions while proclaiming a stand for homeopathic treatment as a 200 years old prevalent medical system.
The top 14 Homeopathic Remedies For Depression:
- Ignatia Amara is one of those homeopathic medicines which most of the doctors prefer to treat depression.
- There are such other medicines like Aurum Metallicum which is prescribed in case of the suicidal tendency of the patient.
- Apart from these in the third category, medicines such as Natrum Mur and Carcinocin which are often commissioned to fight acute depression.
- Sometimes symptoms of depression are found suddenly appeared in somebody which may leave the patient in the state of excessive obsession. This situation calls for the use of the medicines like Arsenic Album and Argentum Nitricum.
- Nowadays you would find teenagers becoming depressed while coping with the excessive pressure of education and social life generally owing to genetic factors and hormonal changes. Homoeopathic remedies for teenagers are not at all different from that of the adults. The same medicines like Ignatia Amara can be used to treat the depression of a teenager.
- Beside Ignatia, Kali phosphori cum is one of the leading medicine used with a teenager suffering from depression for a prolonged period.
- In certain conditions symptoms like forgetfulness, mental dullness becomes prevalent in a patient. This generally happens after a sudden shock or sudden loss. Patients suffering from this type of depression are treated with medicines like Causticum.
- Cimicifuga is one of the useful medicines recommended as a remedy if a person with full of life suddenly gets doomed.
- Phosphoric acid is one of the effective remedies for treating cases experiencing worse sleep due to depression.
- Medicines like Staphysagria are used to treat a depressed person who is very sensitive and emotional.
- In winter there are many who undergo seasonal affective depression. This can be treated effectively with homeopathic medicines like Ignatia.
- Pulsatilla Nigerians are one of those medicines which are used to treat women with depression during menstrual period or puberty.
- It is very common among women to confront a state of depression during menopause. There are various medicines like Sepia and Lachesis which are likely to work effectively for depression during the period of menopause.
- Betrayal from loved ones, sudden demise when the conditions drive somebody to a lonely life, it is more likely to become depressed on his/her part, homeopathic medicines like Staphysagria are most useful in this condition.
From the above discussion, it can be concluded that homeopathic medicines are so safe because they are entirely made from naturally occurring substances. The medicines mentioned above are just to exemplify the efficacy of homeopathic treatment for depression and this is why before you opt for homeopathic remedies, you are advised to consult a specialist in this field.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!