Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bela GandhiYour feedback matters!
My baby is one year old. He got cold n cough almost about every week. After giving antibiotic he remains fine for 5-6days. But again he gets cold n cogh. Due to cough he doesn't take proper milk. And vomits. What should I do and how much milk should a one year old baby take.
My daughter age is 4+.I have done stool test there it has mentioned reducing sugar - present (trace) what does this mean?
I am not eating food 3 times a day I only take food for 1 time that is in afternoon so will it creates any problem.
My 6 month old baby is having slightly dry skin. Which soap or body wash and shampoo to use. We are from tamilnadu. Please help.
My daughter is 14 years old. Her insulin level is high (139) and thyroid level low (.478), she has developed black patches around neck and around mouth. What to do to get rid of this situation. Please advise.
Hi. My son is 3 months and 15 days old. His weight is 6.2 kg. Since last 5 to 6 days he vomits 10 to 12 times in a day (mostly after 5 pm till 10 pm). We gave domstal, perinorm but still he vomits. Since yesterday we gave ondem 1 ml, it's little better but vomiting has not stopped totally. What would be the reason of vomiting.
Hello doctor, My four year old son found a piece of used chewing gum outside house and chewed it for some time. Is there any chance of hiv infection from chewed used chewing gum?
My male baby 20 months old is having Craniosynostosis, having small head size. His overall activities are normal so far, he is not talking yet but only saying Mama, Papa, Didi, he walks/ runs normally. Please let me know if I have to take any extra precautions in order to make his future life to safer side.
Hello doctor. I have 4 months old baby. Am give mother feed. But my breast are very sagging. How to tight my breast. please refer any creams or tablets. And also am so fatty. My weight is 74. My height is 5.3. please advice.
Dear Sir, My Baby is 14 months old and is suffering from the problem of Dandruff and scalp itching from last 15 days. His Scalp become flaky and got rasshes also due to itching. please advise me what should i do ? he also got
My 12 month old baby monthly he is having fever . What to do. And even the climate is also bad. Two day rain two days hot sun. because of that. I want to improve his immune power.
Hi doctor, My male baby is 16 days old and he is having problem of vomiting. Everytime I feed him he is doing vomits continuously. He is taking out milk through mouth and bose as well. From last three days he doing this continuously. He is needed with mother milk not any milk powder. I have checked his stomach no hard I find it.
Home remedy for GAS .
As problem may be very annoying at times. Generally gas is formed in the stomach due to numerous reasons such as
Excessive alcohol intake
Consuming very spicy food
Chewing the food improperly
Too much of anxiety and stress
Eating sauces and condiments frequently and in large quantities
Do not consume poultry and dairy products such as eggs, milk etc.
Take time and chew your food properly. Don?t be in haste, as chewing properly helps you in digesting the food quickly
Avoid using straw while drinking as you may swallow more air while using straws
Never sleep immediately after eating your meal
Do not drink aerated drinks
What are the symptom of asthma. My 5 years old daughter facing this problem. Pls tell me the solutions.
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.