Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Balkrishna RYour feedback matters!
Patient often asks me why it is important to walk bare feet? In reply to this I always ask them one question, how many times they walk bare feet? Even in home we walk with slippers or footwears. Are we not deliberately disconnecting ourslef with earth? We all know earth has gravity due to which we are stick to the land. On the period when moon size grows from the amavasya (new moon), moon also pulls up as it has gravity too. Tides in oceans are on high. At that time when moon starts growing in size, we must try to walk bare feet so that effect of moon's upward pull or gravity has negligible effect on body. We must connect ourselves to the earth as we are earth beings. Walking bare feet even for shorter duration from new moon day to next full moon day has good effect on body.
I'm 19 years old girl. I missed my periods in November till now I am not having symptoms of it. What should I do for it.
I have delivered preterm baby and he is not breast feeding I am feeding him similac 1 baby is 20 days now his weight is low what should I feed him should I change baby powder n as he is not breast feeding I want to stop my milk any medicine please advice as I need to get to work after 15 days.
Is there a right biological age for women to conceive?
Once a girl starts having her periods, theoretically her biological body is ready to bear a progeny. There is a subtle phase when the physical body transits gradually from being a girl to a woman through the pubertal years. This preparatory phase lasts for three-four years and the growth of the inner organs is complete within two-three years of initiation of periods.
This means that starting fifteen-sixteen years onwards, a girl can achieve pregnancy and this is given to her by nature. In fact, the best pregnancy outcomes are achieved from the age of eighteen to twenty five years, as the body is biologically best prepared with maximum number of eggs in the ovaries and the hormones surging.
But, there is a lot of hue and cry when it comes to deciding the right age for pregnancy. Many women are concerned about their child-bearing abilities once they cross over to their late twenties and thirties. But, worry not ladies. We have all the answers for you, right here, for all your pregnancy queries and worries. So, read on.
Thirty and still struggling with your career?
It is a common scenario these days that your career woes may continue longer than you anticipated. Past the age of thirty, the ovaries start to lose out on good quality eggs and this decline in the egg quality and numbers speed up after the age of thirty-five years. So, one must make an informed choice between conceiving well in time and settling their career past a certain age.
In fact, the age of thirty-five years is considered as a watershed line after which pregnancy rates and fertility outcomes decline drastically. Also, as a woman's age goes past thirty five, irrespective of how much she exercises or is fit, her chances of bearing an abnormal child increases. This happens due to natural ageing of her eggs and it increases her chances of producing a mentally challenged child among other things.
The good news is that most of these disorders can be detected through appropriate tests and ultrasounds during pregnancy, so it possible to know about them before delivery. The sad news is that it is not possible to totally prevent these problems in the baby, except to conceive at the right age.
Forty plus did you miss the bus totally?
Well, thanks to technology and artificial reproductive techniques, even forty plus women can have a fair chance to conceive. But age is a big factor in deciding the success rates and outcomes of these procedures.
With increasing age, the success rates of ivf (in vitro fertilisation) become poorer, miscarriage rates increase and possibilities of poor outcomes in the baby increase. You may even be asked to get eggs from a younger woman (ovum donation) to counter these problems, which may imply that the baby is not totally yours genetically.
TOP 12 BENEFITS OF PAPAYA
Papaya is tropical fruit.
- Anticarcinogenic property: Papaya is a good source of, phytonutrients, antioxidants, and flavonoids which prevent cancer
- Prevents cholesterol oxidation: Papaya prevents the oxidation of cholesterol as it contains antioxidants.
- Prevent lung inflammation:. Papayas have Vitamin A, which prevents lung inflammation.
- Helps in arginine production: Dried papaya boosts endocrine system and helps to form arginine in the body.
- High fiber content: High dietary fiber in papaya absorbs toxins in the colon that prevent cancer and helps in bowel movement.
- Relief of menstrual cramps: Papain in papaya regulates menstrual flow and ease a cramp.
- Weight reduction: Papaya has only 120 calories. It will help you to lose weight,
- Prevent muscular degeneration: It contains carotenoid and vitamin A, C, E which prevent age-related muscular degeneration.
- Benefits in diabetes Papaya have low glycemic index, vitamins, and phytonutrients which prevent heart disease and diabetes.
- Anti-aging property: Papaya is the good source of vitamin E, vitamin c, beta carotene which prevents aging.
- Anti-stress agents: Vitamin c of papaya, which lowers the stress level,
- Immunity booster: Papaya is packed with antioxidants which help to boost immunity.
I have taken I pill within 27 hours. Becz I had a doubt dat I may b pregnant. Though my partner has no ejaculated. Even he has urinated before getting closer. He had only inserted his penis very minutely inside my vagina. BT due to panic I have taken the medicine. It's been 24 hours since I hv taken medicine BT still not side effects or bleeding. Is it alright? I have my period on 16 march. I don't understand wat is happening. Please help.
By looking a scanning report of a pregnant lady .did a lab technician can understand and conform the gender of d baby.
The amazingly complex herb, ashwagandha, happens to derive its name from the two sanskrit words, "ashwa" and "gandha".It is an exquisite herb, which can significantly cater to your body in more than one way due to its numerous health benefits.
Here are some of the most common advantages and risks of consuming this herb.
- Enhances your brain: Ashwagandha is an antioxidant and helps keeping free radicals at sea, and prevents them from damaging your brain cells.
- Fights emotional imbalances: Sudden emotional imbalances and even more sudden mood swings are probably the biggest and the most imminent problems of the youth today. Ashwagandha cuts out the stress stimuli and has a soothing effect on you, thereby making sure your emotional imbalances do not come in the way of your well being. Ashwagadandha can naturally lower cortisol levels.
- Cures wounds: Ashwagandha is also believed to cure your physical wounds, and a controlled amount of this herb, is believed to save you from one-sided paralysis of your body.
- Is anti- cancerous: Ashwagandha, according to a few studies, acts as an anticancer agent because it helps in slowing down the growth of cancer cells and cancerous tumors.
- Treats insomnia: Ashwagandha has its rejuvenating properties as well, which help in calming your nerves down, relieves you of your stress. It is considered to be an effective tool in treating patients with insomnia.
- Helps in weight loss: Cortisol not only acts as a stress hormone in the body, it can also make you fat. Ashwagandha is known to naturally lower cortisol - the stress hormone.
- Lowers Blood sugar levels: Ashwagandha also potentially decreases fasting blood sugar levels, which means that it may also help to improve glucose metabolism.
But, like every other herb, ashwagandha also has some risk factors associated with it.
- Pregnancy issues: According to a few studies, this herb can have an adverse effect on you if you are a pregnant woman, putting you at the risks of stillbirth. Though there hasn't been much research to back up this fact, it still remains one of the largest concerns during pregnancy.
- Hyperthyroidism: Certain studies claim, that ashwagandha can majorly contribute to hyperthyroidism, although even this, hasn't been proven. So, if you happen to be patient of hyperthyroidism, you should consult a physician before consuming the herb.
Sir please tell me what I eat. I am pregnant for two months please me diet diet plan for pregnant women.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex and then after 3 hours she took an I-pill for 1st time for safety. After 5-6 days we again had an unprotected intercourse. After few hours of it her periods started. Is there any chance of pregnancy to her?
I have got periods for 2 days and the after a week I got periods for 3 full days. I am planning to conceive. Please suggest. Thanks.
Hi I had sex with my gf last month still she didnt get menses even we used pills. So what is the best way to get menses.
My wife did not got her period in last month her date is 21 But when she checked on pregnancy test kit the result is negative she checked twice and result is negative.
Pregnancy and child birth are some of the most important functions of a woman’s life, and they have a life long bearing on how her body functions as well. A normal delivery or a vaginal delivery is something that a majority of women prefer because it is one of the most normal ways of delivering a baby without having to go through an invasive or surgically induced method that will also include the aid of medication. So what all can you expect when you are going through a normal or a vaginal delivery? Here is a quick list.
- Birth plan: During the final trimmest of your pregnancy and especially during the ninth month, it is important to have a birthing plan in place. By this time, it will be clear that you are going through your pregnancy in a normal manner without any problems or complications that may have a bearing on the way you will deliver the child. It will be pretty clear that you are going to have a normal delivery, in which case it is important to talk to your doctor and your partner about who will be with you when you deliver the child, and at what point you may ask for an epidural. Also, remember to include the complications that can lead to the employment of other delivery methods like forceps or a caesarean section.
- Early phase of delivery: During the early phase of your delivery, the amniotic sac, which is a fluid filled protective sac, will burst. This sac usually protects the baby. Once this water breaks, you will be in active labour. For many women, the contractions and labour pains begin before the water actually breaks, in which case, the doctor may have to rupture the sac manually or with the help of medication.
- Contractions: The tightening and releasing of your uterus is known as a contraction. These contractions will start to come in lesser intervals as the delivery progresses. It is important to keep track of the number of minutes between each contraction as this will help the doctor monitor the delivery. These may not be the most reliable indication of the progression of your labour and delivery, because sometimes, these contractions may also be false alarms like Braxton Hicks contractions, which may happen at various points during your third trimester.
- Opening of the Cervix: The opening or dilation of the cervix will usually take place eventually along with the contractions. Usually, this opening is about 3 to 4 centimeters with a passage connecting the vagina with the uterine cavity. When this dilation reaches 10 centimeters, it means that the baby is ready to start crowning. At this point, the contractions will also be closer and you will be urged to begin pushing so that the baby may enjoy a safe passage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.