Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Atulchandra ThombareYour feedback matters!
What is the effect of type-2 diabetes on the kidneys? Does it also cause Urinary and bladder problems?
What is best shampoo for my hair. My hair is very dry, damaged, and curly and frizzy. please suggest best shampoo.
I am 19 year old boy. I have less facial hairs and mustache. My all friends have more facial hairs they make fun. Please tell what to do to have facial hairs like man.
मेरे को दिमाग सेक्स के तरफ बाहूत ज्यादा आकर्शित होता है । जिससे पढाई में धयान नहीं लगता है इसके लिए कोई उपाय बताये सर. please
Hey I am 23 years old and I have brown/copper color hair on my beard and some of my beard on chin really hours badly when touched by hand or trimmer. I never used razor on my skin anywhere. Please help me to answer the same. I can spend anything for getting cure.
I am 19 Years old and my height is 4.7. please suggest a medicine through which i can grow height in a short period.
Which doctor will help me to avoid alcohol problem? Please suggest me? i'm very depress due to alcohol. My father drink every day.
I'm suffering from bloating problem from last 3 years, I tried many gas relieving syrups and tablets. The problem is still there I focus on healthy food and good schedule but whenever I eat outside it make me either loose motion or constipation. So I want to know how to overcome these problems i. E. Bloating and food sensitivity!
Continuous pressure on skin often results in injuries to the underlying tissues, causing what are generally known as skin sores. Though they generally occur in areas that cover bony areas like hips, ankles and tail bones, the part below the waist is most susceptible to them.
There are multiple reasons that cause bed sores. Some common causes include:
- Poor nutrition
However there are other more important causes that contribute to this disease. They are:
1. Constant pressure: Continuous immobility often causes pressure on the skin that further damages it and the underlying tissues. Tail bone, hip bone, ankles and heels are more prone to bed sores due to lack of movement. However similar damage is also detected in elbows, spine and ribs.
2. Friction: The friction that is caused when the skin rubs against another surface or when two layers of skin rub against each other, those that were moving in two opposite directions also result in bedsores. Sudden sliding down the chair or being transferred from a bed to a stretcher are common reasons behind it.
3. Excessive moisture: Bed sores are also caused by excessive moisture that softens the skin and also reduces its resistance. Profuse perspiration and unchecked urination are important causes. If untreated immediately there are plenty of complications that arise from this disease. Few of them are:
- Infections: Skin sore causes multiple infections on the body like Cellulitis and Osteomyelitis. Cellulitis results in painful, red swelling of the skin that often oozes out fluid. On the other hand in Osteomyelitis, an infection is caused in the bone resulting in swelling over the affected area. Blood infection called Bacteremia is also caused due to skin sores.
- Septic arthritis: In this there is severe pain and swelling of a joint making it hot, red and tender.
- Meningitis: Caused by the infection of the fluid around brain and spine, this disease causes severe headache with stiff neck and nausea.
- Squamous Skin cancer: This occurs if the skin sores remain unchecked for a long period of time. In this, the skin feels patchy and often bleeds.