Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Atul MulayYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old male and I have problem of excessive urination. Sometime I even feel I pee more than I drink. The frequency increases in the evening before sleeping. I got ultrasound and blood, sugar tests they were okay.
M/26, To diagnose kidney disease urologist advised to have a ct scan abdomen contrast. But 6 months back itself I had done ct scan kub plain (found normal), 15 yrs back I had done ct scan brain (2 times/4 yrs gap) and 6 yrs back had ct scan brain (accident on fore head). Once again if go for a ct scan abdomen contrast will cause any problem. Is there any alternative to diagnose kidney disease accurate. Till now had ct scan for 4 times, now I fear to go for 6th time that too contrast. Is MRI scan would be helpful? contrast vs plain?
Renal stone or kidney stone is the most common problem that is found in different people these days. It is mainly a hard mass that accumulates either in one or both the kidneys that can cause pain and another discomfort. Renal stones are classified into two types and these are:
- Calcium Stones and
- Uric Acid Stones.
Symptoms Of Renal Stone
Many times pain in the lower section of the stomach can be due to many reasons such as acidity, but long term pain can be considered as a symptom of renal stone. This happens when the stone moves from the kidney to the urinary tract or also when the stones grow. Some other symptoms apart from the pain are:
- The colour of the urine is turned into red or brown as it contains blood,
- The urge of urination increases,
- Nausea and Vomiting at times.
Causes Of Renal Stone
The medical term used for the renal stone is renal calculi or urolithiasis or nephrolithiasis. The problem can occur due to a number of reasons and a few among them are:
- Increased calcium amount in the body,
- Genetic factor,
- Disease or infection in the kidney or the urinary,
- Consumption of alcohol and also some oxalate food items,
- Diseases such as high blood pressure, hypercalciuria or gout,
- Inflammatory disease of intestine and stomach,
- Side effects of wrong medication.
Home Remedies By Ayurveda For Curing Renal Stone
There are some of the home remedies available that are suggested by the Ayurveda:
- Treating Renal Stone With Kidney Beans
- Add 4 litres of water to 60 grams of kidney beans.
- Now heat the mixture for about 4-5 hours.
- Now strain the mixture through a muslin cloth into a container.
- Keep the fluid aside to cool down.
- After the fluid cools down completely, start drinking one glass of the fluid every 2 hours.
- Make sure that the fluid should be consumed within 24 hours.
- Do this for a week time.
- Treating Renal Stone With Basil Leaves And Honey
- Crush about 10-15 basil leaves and make a paste of it.
- Take out the juice of about 1 tablespoon of the paste.
- Now add one teaspoon honey to the juice and mix them well.
- Consume this mixture every day once.
- Treating Renal Stone With Pomegranate Seeds And Horse Gram
- Add about half litre water to 1 cup horse gram.
- Now heat it till the water comes down to about 1/5th and then strain the liquid.
- Crush some pomegranate seeds and add about 2 tablespoons to the liquid.
- Drink this mixture daily.
- Apart from these remedies, drinking apple juice regularly and doing regular exercise also helps in getting rid of renal stone. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hii sir my urine is in yellow colour when I am doing toilet its paining and my urine is not coming properly in between its remains inside.
Painful urination from two days, little fever and headache always, can't sleep, weakness, very painful, repeated painful urination in small intervals.
My husband suffers from kidney stone. Stone size is approx 90 mm. What kind of treatment suppose to take? please suggest. Also suggest diet.
I have 6.4 mm stone in my upper ureter. Doctor gave me urimax 0.4 mg for 15 days and told me to wait if I don't pass it then he will see. Is it ok? Can I pass the stone what are the chances?
Main 24 saal ka ho aur muje yeh bemari he. Jab bhi main peshab karta ho to peshab karney 5 to 7 mints again tora sa peshab aata he please es k ley kuch batai.
My mother is suffering from burning in urination. Continuously going for toilet. Local doctor had given so many medicines from her clinic. We lives in kotdwar, uttarakhand. Where doctor facility are very bad. Kindly give some suggestion. Let me know some best doctors in dehradun which are affordable from middle class family.
I am suffering from prostate enlargement. I have burning in lower feet and palm. I go to toilet often in night but sometime I am unable to urinate. Please advice me diet plan and habitat. If there is any special food/fruit/veg for relief from my disease, please tell. Thank you.
I have got a headache for the last 1 month please help. systems include nausea, frequent urination, and diahhorea? I don't get an erection. please help.
I have frequent urine problem as I drink a glass of water I get urge of going bathroom after 15 mins usually I go 8 to 10 times a day. Is there any problem with my kidney or something wrong with my bladder?
Hi doctor, I am 28 years old I have thyroid from 7 years, I am taking eltroxin 150 mg regularly I also have stone in gall bladder, irregular periods. Could you give me some home remedy and diet to overcome all. I am very disturb. I did not take any medicine for stone. please help.
I am 23years old and I feel weakness and my digestion system week so back to back go toilet and my weat loss my heath regularly back. Pleas help me.
I am 21 year old, I am suffering from very strong pain in stomach and urine blockage. As per consult with my doctor, he refer my Sonography report and said your kidney size is very big normal kidney size 10.5 and my kidney size 14.6 this is reason for your strong pain and urine blockage. Then I will take medicine regularly for 1 month but when medicine course is completed then pain start and urine blockage problem is regularly. So what can I do? Please suggest.
Nephropathy is also known as renal disease. It is any type of damage or disease relating to the kidneys. Though not everyone with diabetes has nephropathy, however, diabetic nephropathy can cause kidney failure.
How does diabetes affect the kidney?
Kidneys are responsible for taking waste out from your blood. They have a lot of tiny blood vessels to do this. High blood sugar may kill such blood vessels. Once these blood vessels are destroyed, the kidneys may not function as well or it may even lead to kidney failure.
What increases your risk of getting diabetic nephropathy?
There are several factors which increase your risk of getting diabetic nephropathy including: \
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Being Native American, African American or of Hispanic origin, for whom risk factors have proved to be magnified
- If you have family history of diabetic nephropathy
Symptoms and diagnosis:
There are very few noticeable symptoms, which appear when you have diabetic nephropathy, except swelling in your arms and legs. The diagnosis is done by checking for a type of protein in your urine known as albumin, which is not supposed to be there. Getting the diagnosis done early is crucial.
You can prevent kidney damage by doing the following:
- Keeping your blood sugar levels under control - keep HbA1C < 6-7%
- Keeping your blood pressure under control in the range of 130/80
- Eating healthy food
- Exercising regularly
- Not eating too much protein
- Not eating too much salt
- Reducing smoke or excessive tobacco usage
Medicines for treatment:
If you do get diabetic nephropathy, here are some medicines, which can help cure it
- ACE inhibitors which are also called angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- Blood pressure may rise
- Triglyceride levels and cholesterol levels may rise.