Lybrate.com has top trusted Toxicologists from across India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Toxicologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini GodboleYour feedback matters!
Some insect bite me in my armpit. I am feeling heavy inflammation. What should I do. It also leave a red scar.
I am suffering from cold. My nose is closed due to cold. What should I do for getting well soon. I am waiting for your answer.
How can you eat healthy? This is a question that plagues many of us. The quest for a youthful looking body that is also slim and well-toned is something that we all strive for. On the other side of the spectrum, we also have people who are concerned about too much of weight loss, fatigue and general weakness. So what all can you do to ensure that you indulge in healthy eating for a healthy body and mind? Try these nine tips.
- Eating the Right Carbohydrates: Choose the right carbs that will help you pile up on energy with the right kind of food. Sugar and flour can cause an overload of carbs in your digestive system, while oats, cereals and complex carbs like whole grains are high in fibre.
- Lean Protein: Avoid red meat and make a beeline for fish and other lean protein that will give you omega three fatty acids in the process as well. This includes fish and chicken.
- Good Fats: There are four major types of dietary fat found in food from plants and animals - Good Fats(monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats including omega-3s), Bad Fats(trans fats), and Saturated Fats. Good fats can improve blood cholesterol levels, lower your risk of heart disease, and benefit insulin levels and blood sugar. Omega-3 fats are particularly beneficial for your brain and mood. The best sources are fish, nuts, and seeds.
- Superfoods: Berries and all their variants have come to be known as super foods. These are rich in anti-oxidants which can encourage better brain health. This includes blueberries, cranberries and even salmon and seaweed, used in Oriental cooking.
- Salt Intake: Limit your salt intake but do not cut it out entirely. Ensure that you take NO MORE THAN A TEASPOON OF SALT A DAY. Try to avoid packaged food as it is high in salt content.
- Water: Stock up on water so that you get plenty of hydration and avoid needless snacking. Avoid sugary drinks and too much of caffeine.
- Count the calories you need: Do not simply needlessly cut down on calories, but rather calculate the number of calories you need to function on a normal basis. Then, build a diet chart around this and avoid empty calories like excessive sugary food.
- Breakfast: This is the most important meal of the day which also fuels you into action and can potentially stop you from snacking and overeating.
- Slow: Eat slowly and have small and frequently meals for healthy eating.
Try these healthy eating tips to change your mind set towards food and nutrition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
Hi Dr. mujhe 12 days se cold hai sahi nae ho raha khasi nae hai but cough aa raha hai yellow and thik main problem ye hai ke left eye ke upar unbearable pain hai isse pahle right side mai forhead mai aur eye ke upar continue pain rahta hai isse eyes mai be pain feel hota hai maine steam le balm. Lagae but koe faayda nae pain bardast nae ho raha please help. Me.
Sir I have an allergy problem when I wake up at any time I have face cold problem starting chhickna. Sir mujhe ghabrahat si bhee hoti h kabhi kabhi sine me dard hota h. Aur pet bhi saff nahi hota gas banti h.
Why is my cold not leaving? I have been having cold since 6 months and isn't going at all. I have been sneezing and coughing most of the time.
My weight is 66 and I have to reduce it within 10 days! I have just planned to eat fruits for all breakfast lunch and dinner! whether its good for health by doing this could I be able to reduce weight? Or can yu give me some advice to loose weight.
Among the World's Healthiest vegetables, spinach comes out at the top of our ranking list for nutrient richness
Rich in vitamins and minerals, it is also concentrated in health-promoting phytonutrients such as carotenoids (beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin) and flavonoids to provide you with powerful antioxidant protection.
Enjoy baby spinach in your favorite salads or make a salad made exclusively of baby spinach. Spinach is one of only three vegetables that we recommend boiling to help reduce its concentration of oxalic acid.
We recommend boiling for just 3 minute to minimize loss of nutrients and flavor.
Hot and spicy foods can numb your senses, quite literally! In every nook and corner, you will find people salivating over hot and spicy foods. For long, people were of the belief that such foods only harm your system, inviting unwanted health complications and disorders. Most parents try their best to keep their children away from such foods. But every cloud has a silver lining. Hot and spicy foods are not only about the cons.
Unfortunately, not many people are aware of the health benefits of hot and spicy foods. This article is an attempt to aware the readers of both the pros and cons of hot and spicy foods.
Health benefits associated with hot and spicy foods:
Hot and spicy foods, when consumed in moderation can work wonders for your system. Chillies, peppers, spices, the main ingredients which spice up a dish have many health benefits.
- Endorphins are your feel-good hormones. Together with serotonin, the hormones help to keep stress, anxiety, and depression at bay. They are great mood enhancers. Chilli peppers tend to elevate the levels of both these hormones in the body, helping you to fight stress better. Capsaicin, an important active component of chilli peppers has many advantages.
- It plays a pivotal role in lowering the flu symptoms.
- It has anti-carcinogenic properties.
- It comes as a relief for people suffering from stomach ulcers. Capsaicin effectively gets rid of the bacteria H.pylori, which causes stomach ulcer (in most cases).
- It also helps in lowering and maintaining the blood cholesterol level.
- If you have been struggling to lose weight, then capsaicin is what the doctors have just advised. It acts as a catalyst, accelerating the metabolism, thus enabling the body in rapid burning down of calories.
- In general, having spices in your diet elevates the HCl secretion in the stomach, thereby improving the overall digestion process.
- Research suggest spicy foods can bring about a remarkable improvement in the circulation process.
- Spicy foods may be a blessing for your heart. As per research, spicy foods go a long way in lowering the cases of strokes or heart attacks.
An excess of anything is bad. With merits come the demerits.
- Heartburn is common in people who eat very hot and spicy foods.
- Very spicy foods can cause stomach problems, including a stomach upset, stomach pain, and in extreme cases, even diarrhea.
- If you are a night owl by force (sleep does not come easily to you), spicy foods will only worsen the situation. Having hot and spicy foods for dinner, or just before retiring to bed is sure to doom your sleep.
- Extremely spicy foods can cause inflammation of the lining of the stomach, resulting in Gastritis.
- People who love eating very spicy foods are more likely to suffer from acid reflux problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Generally people recommend to skip dinner at night specially pulses. Is it true. What's the suggestion for dinner meal please.
Cloves (lavang) are very useful to control diabetes, fever, cough, cold, vomiting, indigestion, iching, allergy, thirst, headache etc.
Its juice clears excess fat which blocks blood flow in nerves.
To reduce Fatigue : Take 10 gms of cloves and boil them in 150 ml water till water reduces to half the original quantity (75 ml).
Filter out the cloves and take 25 ml of this liquid 3 times per day in warm condition.
This will remove all tiredness, fatigue, stress and strain effects.
Body Pains : Take Clove oil and massage on are where you feel pain.
It can be used to massage gently with fingers on teeth and gums too to reduce toothache.
Headache, joint pains will also reduce.
Sore Throat : Keep 2 cloves at a time in your mouth and occassionally chew them and take its juice.
Let those cloves remain in mouth for atleast 30 minutes and delay this process to clear throat.
Cough : Make cloves powder and for 10 gms of it add 3 gms candy sugar powder, 5 gms honey, 10 gms butter and consume daily in morning and night.
Increase sperm count and vitality : Take equal quantity of clove powder, candy sugar powder and store in a bottle.
Daily add 5 gms of this mixture in 150 ml water and consume twice per day.
As Mosquito repellent : Take clove oil and put couple of drops of this oil at all four legs of your bed and also in all four corners of your bedroom.
This will keep mosquitoes away from your bed.
Pimples and Scars : Take cloves and ajwain seeds(jeera) equally and make paste with water.
This can be applied as face pack and wash after an hour.
It will clear all bacteria and virus on face skin and make in smooth and glowing.
Pain in Intenstines : Take 20 gm of clove powder and add to 500 ml water.
Boil till water reduces to half quantity.
For every 4 hours warm this liquid and take 30 ml per one time.
This will reduce pain in stomach, intestines, indigestion, vomiting sensation etc.
Cloves can be chewed for a while to control feeling of vomiting.
NOTE :- Before making clove power, fry them for 2 minutes in a pan on thin flame and then make powder.