Lybrate.com has top trusted Toxicologists from across India. You will find Toxicologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Toxicologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini GodboleYour feedback matters!
Sir is eating raw eggs are good or not. My friends are suggested me to drink milk by mixing an egg. Is it good or not.
Sugar molecules, in excess quantity or over long periods of time, wreak havoc on human tissues. We recognize strong relationships between blood sugar levels and many chronic conditions previously thought to be purely age related. in other words, diabetes develop problems sooner because of their chronic higher sugar levels, but even non-diabetic people eventually suffer tissue injury related to the interaction between blood sugar and tissue proteins. Prolonged exposure to elevated glucose levels results in production of advanced glycation end products which are responsible for early ageing.
Insulin controls how well we are able to digest and metabolise carbohydrates. When this hormone is in balance, we can eat carbohydrates like bread, pasta and rice without feeling bloated. But when it does not function optimally, then even a small amount of carbohydrate will lead to weight gain, ageing, acne.
To balance insulin levels-
1 avoid breads, pasta, rice, potatos and sweets
2. Consume more whole grains like porridge and eat more dals and lentils like Chana, lobhia, mung
3. Also consume herbs like fenugreek, vegetables like karela, spices like cinnamon and neem leaves
My legs are wounded by biting something so I spreaded all over to leg and my family members. Please help.
For Indian cooking, is rice bran oil suitable? And what about soybean oil. I use both interchangeably. Is it a healthy diet?
Please describe me substitute veg items for non-veg. Because my wife have distraction to eat non-veg. Please advise.
I want to know that M Cain fry products are good or not as in evening I give to my 7 years daughter when she is back from school as she is very hungry. Is it good? Please advise.
I am having HBS Ag Positive , 4 years back undergone LFT and all tests. Doctor advised I am a non active carrier. I was infected not known .my wife kids are vaccinated. Is any possibility my infection may effect to family .what precautions that I have to take .Is there any vaccination or treatment for me.in long run what are the repetitions .food and diet activities. What care is necessary please suggest me. Thanking you .
I have been eating coriander seeds for last 6 months (nearly ate "half kg" per month. Now I am addicted this. Is it harmful to me. please help me.
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.