Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashish S. Mahajan
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish S. MahajanYour feedback matters!
Priyanka got high bp from last two days, reading was 155/110 What should she do. Also share the reasons.
I have been severely constipated for the past 2.5 years lost around 25 kgs, diet has also reduced. I smoke but don't drink. Also severe acne problems.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Hello Dr. I am 43 years of age my right hand goes senseless sometimes I am unable to lift weight this is from past one week what may be the reason please do suggest thks.
I am suffering with high bp since last 3 years. I am taking olmat 40. It is under control. Can I reduce the medicine to 20 mg.
I am of 30years old. I have one sided head pain always. Tried many head pain pills and do not know what to do. Can you suggest me any solution.
My wife is a patient of asthmatic bronchitis. On 6th of may she suffered attack of dyspnea/hypoxia and was hospitalized. She was discharged recently and is on oxygen level 1-2. How to improve her lungs function to enable her to breathe naturally. On oxygen intake she shows 95 on oxymeter and without it she shows 85. Her pulse ranges from 95-110. Kindly advice.
Hi, I am a young 21 old. I am having infection on my face - pimples etc. So is there any home solution or proper medicine to get rid of such.
Hi I'm Manik Bhuiya, I'm 20 years old, I've sinus problem with sinus headache, I have already shown to a Doctor, He suggested some medicine I also taking it time to time but my pain was gone but headache is still there, I'm so tensed about that because my exam will soon. What should I do now? Please help me.
A very common complaint, a number of factors can cause wrist pain but arriving at the exact cause can be a tad bit difficult. Depending on the cause, wrist pain can vary in intensity.
What causes pain in your wrist?
Injury to any part of the wrist can lead to wrist pain and impinge on your ability to use the affected hand and wrist. The causes can be injuries like sudden impacts and repetitive stress; arthritis like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis; or diseases such as carpal tunnel syndrome that affect this part of the body.
1. Sudden impacts - Falling forward onto your extended hand can give rise to instances of wrist pain. Injury occurring from this sudden impact can cause not only sprains and strains but also fractures.
2. Repetitive stress - An activity that involves the movement of your wrist in repeating motions can cause the joint tissues to be inflamed or give rise to stress fractures, especially if the movement is performed without any break for a long period of time.
3. Rheumatoid arthritis - In this disorder, both the wrists can get affected. In general, the disorder sees your body's immune system attacking tissues of your body.
4. Osteoarthritis - Although the condition is very uncommon in the wrist, it occurs in individuals who have suffered a wrist injury in the past. Osteoarthritis typically happens when the cartilage that acts as the cushion at the end of your bones undergoes deterioration with time.
5. Carpal tunnel syndrome - An increase in pressure on the median nerve (a nerve that affects the sensation or movement of your hand) that passes a passageway called the carpal tunnel can cause you to suffer from wrist pain.
In addition to these causes, instances of Kienbock's disease and ganglion cysts can also lead to this problem.
How to identify the signs of the problem?
The pain can vary depending on the cause. So, wrist pain arising out of osteoarthritis will exhibit a dull pain while that from carpal tunnel syndrome will give a pins and needles sensation. Many times, the location of the pain can help the doctor to determine the cause behind the symptoms you may experience.