Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asalkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AsalkarYour feedback matters!
I want to have anal sex but my wife feels a heavy pain when I insert my penis in her ass what should I do?
I had unprotected sex with my bf for 6 times in 6 months. Now I am having a pain in vagina walls and even having a sharp pain during urination and is having frequent urination but small amounts of urine with pain n sensation plus itching. I am also having vaginal discharge more than normal. Is it a bacteria or yeast infection? Or do I have to test for STD. Because I can see the symptoms same as UTI or Yeast infection or STD. Can you please suggest me is it severe?
My wife menstruation not come regularly, last four months it is not came, please give me good suggestion for it and I want a child also.
My doctor has given sysfol active tablet which has 1 mg folic acid. How does it meet 5 mg requirement even though it has l methyl folate ready form of folate. I definitely trust the doctor but please help me understand this difference. I am currently in 7th week of pregnancy.
Hi my wife have a problem she gets white coloured from his vagina every day why It's happening? Please advice
I'm pregnant and its 29 weeks are completed of my pregnancy . I am suffering from stomach pain on left uper side just down side of my left brest. Is it problem.
I had sex with my wife on June 19th 2016. She's last period date is June 1st. Till day period not happened. How to confirm she's carrying or not. Now we are not planed for baby. Please suggest.
I hav diagnosed with pcod from last 3 years. I get my periods when I take tablets. And I am married, me and my husband planning for a baby from last 6 months but I didn't conceive yet, even I am taking treatment for pcod. And my blood report says I hav high count of LH. My husband recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and has less sperm count, so now please suggest me what the further step? Whether taking hormone supplements effects badly and until how many days to continue the tabs?
I am vegetarian and my age is 46 years and weight is 66 kg and I want to reduce my weight up to 60 kg. Last year I got my uterus and ovaries removed. Tell me how can I reduce my weight.
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- It has immense cardiovascular benefits
- Large muscles groups are exercised in the process
- Helps reduce swelling and inflammation
- Helps with low back pain and relieves the stress on your spine which is caused due to the extra weight you are carrying around.
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are:
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
It is best to consult with a specialist or a physiotherapist who can give you a step by step guide as to the exercises you can do and the precautions that you need to take while performing them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.