Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anand
Submit a review for Dr. AnandYour feedback matters!
I am having sever pain in my back an abdomen, on both left and right side. Whole night I had to spend with sleeping. I took antiacidic en pain qulor. Can you help me why this pain was all off sudden.
My digestion is not good from few days and I'm not eating any fast food I don't know why it's happening what should I do?
I am suffering from ibs. Yesterday night I drink water just after my dinner after thn I am not feeling fresh. In the past I had suffered a lot cz of ibs. I feel lower back discomfort. I feel bowel are not clear in the morning. Due to this I can't take proper sleep can't concentrate on work in fact in a month there are 5 to 6 days which I can't sleep even for one hour. please help me.
Can Feeling stool stuck in my colon and irritated bowels cause lower back discomfort? Because I always feel stool stuck in somewhere and it irritates me.
Sir, my age is 28 years. I had been diagnosed with Gilbert's syndrome in 2004. Earlier, I used to be sharper & attentive. But since 2009, I have started forgetting things. I don't find myself focused on a particular thing. I can't perform multiple tasks at a time (that much effectively). I searched the net and found out that GS patients may develop forgetfulness. Is GS the primary cause of these things? In that case, what should I do to rectify my GS? Some examples of problems faced by me (not always) : 1. I want to copy files from x folder to y. I go to x, select files (takes some time) and moves to paste it but where ? I forgot. Then after 2-3 seconds, I remember and paste it to y folder. 2. I had given the room key to x person while working on something (sitting with z person). After finishing work, we (myself & Z) returned to room to see room is locked. I started searching key (which I usually keep in my left pocket). Didn?t find it. Started searching other pockets. Not getting it. Panicked. Went back to the place I was sitting. Z person waited there itself. Didn?t find there too. On the way back to room, y person handed over me the key (in front of Z). I wonder how come it reached to him. He explained the key has been given to him by x person. I am still clueless how did it reach to x person. Z person (who was till then enjoying my fiasco) reminded me of giving the key to x. Then only I remembered. Quite embarrassing it was! 3. Locked the door. Came downstairs. Started thinking I haven?t. Needed to go back to check it again. (Had I been attentive enough while locking itself, I wouldn't have required to go back & check).
Gastric acids are chemicals provided by your stomach to aid digestion. But the corrosive effects they induce are counteracted by the secretion of other chemicals. It is when the secretion of these chemicals is impaired that it leads to damaged stomach lining, causing acidity, also known as acid reflux.
Ayurveda promises some easy home treatments for acidity which are quite efficient in ensuring fast recovery for you. You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity.
- Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey: Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey and stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly for the evening.
- Cumin seeds: You can reduce cumin seeds to their powder form, then you have to add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, keep the solution boiling then filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
- Mulethi (liquorice) and honey: You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Lick to consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
- White pumpkin juice: Take white pumpkin peel and slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Half a cup twice daily gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
- Buttermilk: You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of each asafetida and turmeric to it. With it, also take care to add a tiny amount of fenugreek and drink it at night, to make the most of its benefits.
- Jaggery: You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.