Lybrate.com has top trusted Nephrologists from across India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. AmbikeYour feedback matters!
I feel like going to pee most of the times but the amount of urination is less and feel a weird sensation too at that time. I have taken unwanted 72 on 27 april 2017. Is this due to that or something else. Kindly reply. thanks.
From Yesterday my friend is taking green tea 2 a day and consuming lot of water for weight loss but he is having a problem that every 15 min he has to go to toilet for urinate is this because of green tea of taking exercise water please advice and tell sometime.
My gfr filtration rate is just 38 ,urea 65, creatinine 1.5 case of chronic kidney disease will I have to Transplant kidney soon or I can do something I'll be stable at this condition at least, I am diabetic, hypothyroidism, hypertensive, age 30 years ,have high cholesterol 292 ,what you suggest do I have to replace my kidney soon, my gfr was 53 in Feb 2016 and in November it turned 38.
Hi My urine is always yellow colour from last five years and also I'm suffering from cold from last five years. Please give me solution for this.
I have stone problem. Stone in kidney. please tell me how can remove stone in my kidney. for Last 7 year having problem.
I feel burning sensation after discharge of stool at my anal area and sometimes after urination on my male organ, also it smells during that period. Please suggest what should I do?
I hav kidney stone pain right now. Pain is increasing and out of control. Please suggest me some pain killer medicines.
I have been suffereing from burning sensation in urine since last two years. I have got all tests done which are normal, except a little enlarged prostate. Burning sensation sometimes increases and sometimes decreases. I have consulted urologist who advised flotral tab. For six months. I have taken this for about four months, but no relief. Please advise what to do?
Calculi in kidney is a common feature in day to day medical practice, often attributed to quality of water and nature of body. Of late it has been observed that lot of fluids are required to be taken by patients helping to dissolve the stones. It could be plain water, urination medicines diuretics) and intravenous fluids. When the stone is not managed thus, surgical procedures are the advised to extract stone. The truth that the body may form stones again after surgery- is known to everyone.
In ayurveda too same principle of stone dissolving is followed by way of decoction of some herbal combos etc. The only difference is that diuretic ayurvedic medicines do not cause any potassium salt loss etc and tendency of body to form Stone is also checked.
After surgery too the stone is physically removed but tendency of bodybody to re form the stones doesn't change. Similarly in multiple small stones and recurrence problems Ayurveda medicines may well be adopted without the fear of side effects.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
My mom's kidney is not functioning properly. She has been receiving treatment but it's not helping and Her body is turning dark and there appears black patches, Her skin is sagging, And she's not eating food properly and Her condition is worsening and She suffers with severe leg pain please advise.
Aged 73 years, is a retired male living in Madurai, Tamilnadu. I am having the problem of passing urine.I am passing urine very little in day time and lot during nights. I have to getup every one and half or 2 hours. It disrups my sleep very much. I do not experience any pain whie pssing urine or otherwise.I will be glad to have your valuable adivise in this matter.
My mother suffering from urine drain problem and also one kidney size reduces and creatine value is increasing reaches to 7.
I am suffering from kidney stones from 10years but when that time tablets are used than it was controlled But now it is increased what can I do for the problem of this kidney stones Any type of tablets are used for this or Only course tablets used for it ha I want controlled early It pain was heavy so tell me the solution for this I want earlier controlled for this pain Please give me the answer .
The pair of kidneys that human beings have, forms an important part in the excretory system. They perform specific and important functions. They excrete urine as well as help in eliminating the toxins, which accumulate in the body. Kidney stones occur when the minerals present in the urine without being discharged, keep on accumulating. This gives rise to an extremely painful and uncomfortable situation. Though sometimes the situation gets revoked all by itself, many-a-times it requires medical intervention.
Some of the symptoms of kidney stones are:
However, there are several preventive measures which you can undertake in order to avert the situation. Some of them are:
- Drink lots of water: Kidney stone is one of those rare conditions that once occurred, always carry the latent threat of recurring again. Therefore, drinking water in large quantities becomes essential. The more you drink water, the more frequently you would urinate, thereby curbing the chances of the minerals settling in the kidneys.
- Avoid certain foods: Food like beets, spinach, those which are replete with calcium oxalate should be avoided in order to minimize chances of having kidney stones.
- Foods recommended:
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Drink plenty of water ( 10 -12 glasses of water)
- Dietary calcium of 1gm a day
- Low oxalate diet Foods to be restricted
- Reduce the amount of salt in your diet
- Restrict food containing excess of oxalate
- Limit intake of animal proteins
- Change your diet: If you are trying to avoid the eventuality of developing kidney stones, it is imperative that you change your diet a bit. It is recommended that you exclude animal protein as much as possible and assiduously avoid the intake of salt as much as possible.
- Take less calcium supplements: Calcium generally is considered a nemesis to your kidneys and is prescribed by doctors to be avoided. However, recent research has thwarted this claim. Calcium does not pose a threat to kidneys. However, calcium supplements definitely do and therefore, should be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.