Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Agashe Prasad
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Agashe PrasadYour feedback matters!
Rectal problems in women are quite common. It is experienced by many women in some form or the other such as rectal itching, pain or bleeding. Rectal problems are more common in women than in men. These conditions need to be attended to immediately as severe rectal problems may cause several health problems. There are many ways to deal with rectal problems in women.
Treating rectal itching: Rectal itching is a common rectal problem. These can be treated by
- Improve hygiene: You should clean the rectum area gently using cotton balls moistened with water. You should apply mild ointments to prevent irritation and soothe the skin.
- Unscented toilet paper or unscented lotions and creams: You should use white toilet paper that does not have any scent. Scented soaps, creams or lotions should be avoided as it may cause further irritation. You can also apply ointments containing 1% hydrocortisone.
- Control excessive sweating: Rectal problems may occur due to excess sweating. You should avoid sweating too much by wearing light clothes and using talcum powder for the absorption of moisture.
In case of excessive itching, you should follow the following tips:
- Do not scratch the area as scratching may lead to further itching. You can take an oral antihistamine during the night to get better sleep.
- You can take a warm sitz bath after every bowel movement, for at least three days, every day. The anus should be dried properly after the bath.
- Abstain from foods that stimulate rectal itching like tea, coffee, aerated drinks, alcohol, chocolate, spicy food, tomatoes and excess vitamin C, for a period of two weeks.
- You must maintain short fingernails to avoid injuries during scratching. To prevent unconscious scratching during sleep, wear cotton gloves.
- Stress should be managed as increased stress may lead to enhanced rectal itching. When you are anxious, do not scratch the rectal area.
Treating rectal bleeding: Rectal bleeding is another problem, which may be accompanied by other rectal problems. In case of rectal bleeding, avoid taking aspirin or any other non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drug. These drugs may cause bleeding in the digestive tract. This will increase the blood amount in your stool. Bleeding hemorrhoids can worsen by the intake of these medicines. For soothing pain, opt for an acetaminophen. Constipation and diarrhoea may also lead to rectal bleeding. However, it is advised to consult a doctor before consuming any medicine.
For prevention of rectal problems, you must have a good sense of hygiene. Keep the rectum region clean and avoid sitting in the toilet for a long time. You should have a fiber-rich diet including fresh fruits and vegetables. Avoid food items, which may cause rectal problems. General rectal problems are not very serious and can be treated using simple measures. Maintaining proper rectal hygiene is very important to avoid rectal problems. It is highly recommended to visit a doctor if the problem persists.
Doctor I break my pimples on my face and now all black spots are coming. I want to get rid of this black spots. Please advise.
I am 28 years old lady. About 4 years there are many red spots on my face I used homeopathy medicines but could not get ride. please suggest to get rid it.
Is it good to use baking soda for skin whitening because my skin especially by legs n hands became very dark due to sun tan. And even I have yellow teeth so for whitening is good to use. Or is it harmful to use. If it good wat type baking soda we have to use any specific brands.
My skin is very sensitive & dry too nothing suites on my skin even when I do makeup my face swells up What should I do?
For last 7 months I am having hip/waist stiffness and feeling problem sitting and bending front. Along with blood was coming with stool and doctor said I had fissure. I lost weight also from earlier. Is there anything critical to it? As I heard this type of pain may arise due to tumour also. I am doing regular exercise/yoga for fitness but not getting it back.
I am 24 yrs old. Since past few years dark patches have developed on my face over my cheek . As my job is an outdoor one, so due to constant exposure to sunlight they are getting darker. Please do suggest some permanent solution to this problem ?
Sir. I am suffering with prostate infection. From few months. Now I am taking medicine. Some what better now. My wife had three miscarriages in last three years. By continuing medicine can I try for children.
I have rashes on my left hand because wearing a watch, any prescription to avoid? Does Candid powder is worthful?
What kind of diet should I prefer to maintain ma stamina n to look fairer as I play cricket daily in sunlight.
I have combination type of skin. I used to use cosmetics and it had turned my skin dull and with acne, and dark spots. Now I do not want to use any creams for my face on regular basis. Instead of what we can use on daily basis. Does using sunscreen on regular causes any harm. If not which type of sunscreen should I use? Please suggest sunscreen for me I have back complexion.
Sir mere face per funsi hoti hai aur sahi hone ke baad black spot ban jate hai aur phir jaate bhi nhi hai koi treatment btaiye please ya koi cream suggest kre taki dark spot remove ho jaye.
My face is not clear with small moles and brown spots. One dermatologist assisted me with EGA cream, can you please help me if this useful or how can I get rid of those moles and how can I get a clear and transparent kin on my face. Also advise me what all I have to do to get the clear skin Thank you.
Anal fissures are the small tears formed in the anal lining. They are also known as anal ulcers. An anal fissure causes a lot of pain and bleeding during your bowel movements. Usually a fissure heals automatically in a few days time. It can be treated with simple home remedies as well.
- You can suffer from an anal fissure if you pass hard and large stools.
- Also strained childbirth or suffering from violent spells of diarrhea might get you an anal fissure.
- Chronic constipation may also be cause of a fissure.
- Other rare causes may be anal cancer, HIV, tuberculosis or herpes.
Individuals of all age groups can suffer from anal fissures. It is not a very serious problem and heals on its own in a few weeks. Although it can heal itself, there are certain treatments which can help relieve the pain you get from an anal fissure.
An anal fissure has quite a lot of symptoms for you to understand what you are suffering from:
- There will be a very visible tear around the anal region. You will be able to spot the tear on the skin very easily.
- A small lump of skin may form next to the tear.
- When you will be undergoing your bowel movements, you will feel a very sharp pain in the anal region.
- You will find spots of blood on the stool passed.
- You will also feel a burning or an itching sensation in the anal region.
Although most fissures do not require treatment, there are a few remedies that will help cure them faster:
- Stool softeners: You get certain medicines at the chemist, which are known for their stool softening functions. These stool softeners help to soften the hard stools and initiates smooth bowel movements.
- Eat fibrous foods: Eat foods rich in fiber like fruits, whole grain cereals, raw vegetables, etc.
- Take warm baths: Take a bath in warm water as it relaxes your anal muscles, helps to relieve irritation in the region, and increases blood flow in the anorectal region.
- Use ointment: Apply nitroglycerin ointments and topical pain relievers to promote blood flow to the anal region and to relieve discomfort from the region respectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.