Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. AditiYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, Pregnancy test is +ve, it's thru IVF, FET transfer done (3 day 8cells grade 2) on 16th july, LMD 24th June. Have done SONOGRAPHY today 26/9/2016 CRL MEASURES 5.2 cms corresponds to 12 weeks 5 days SINGLE INTRAUTERINE GESTATIONAL SAC NOTED WITH FOETAL POLE IS SEEN OS CLOSED OVARY NORMAL NO FREE FLUID IN CULDESAC Taking doxinate @nyte Rantac twice daily Progynova thrice -(2-2-3) daily which gt STOPPED AT 12TH WEEK Crinone gel - twice Susten injection on every 4th day When to stop progesterone support?
Hello Dr. I'm pregnent. This is first month. Kal rat ko mujhe Brown discharge do char boond nikalaAj subah bhi aisa lagta ha ki khoon hai. Maine kal rat ko paid bhi Liya tha but vo ekdam saf hai Mujhe bahut tension ho rahi haiAisa q hua.
Influenza or flu is a contagious respiratory infection that affects the lungs, throat, nose and occasionally, the ears. It usually does not require treatment but Paracetamol can provide relief from most of the symptoms. Rarely, influenza can lead to severe complications like pneumonia, sinus problems and asthma. Annual vaccinations can prevent these complications even if you do get a mild flu.
The influenza virus is air borne and can be spread through coughing, sneezing, skin to skin contact, or indirect contact like touching a contaminated object. Type A, Type B and Type C influenza viruses affect the respiratory organs.
People with weak immune systems are infected more easily than others- children under the age of 4, people above the age of 60 pregnant women, obese people and those who are suffering from kidney disorders and diabetes are at greater risk of infection. Air pollution also aggravates the problem.
There is also little chance that your body has the necessary antibodies to fight the virus if you have been infected before. This is because the influenza virus modifies constantly and new strains of the virus appear rapidly. So, the antibodies that work against one particular variant do not work effectively against the others. This is why vaccination is also not a foolproof preventive technique against this disease.
The symptoms of influenza begin to show within a few days after infection. In a few cases, the infection may be asymptomatic. When they do show, the symptoms are very common- high fever, shivering, a blocked and runny nose, frequent coughing and sneezing and chest congestion are the predominant signs. In the later stages, there are headaches, body aches, general fatigue, reddened and watering eyes, throat pains and difficulty in speaking.
In the cases where the patient is a child, there are a few other symptoms like digestive and gastrointestinal disorders such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal pain. The last two are especially common in children who have been infected by influenza virus Type B.
Aged people often have low resistance to the virus. This is why the flu quickly escalates and the complications like primary viral pneumonia or secondary bacterial pneumonia. In such cases, there are sever symptoms like breathing problems, the presence of blood in the sputum, red and itchy skin and petechial rashes (caused by minor punctures in the capillary blood vessels). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Is there any check up for check fertility in females. I am not married but had unprotected sex several times but never got pregnant I had a doubt over my fertility. So I want to go through a proper check up to know whether I can get pregnant or not before getting married.
I want to know just For example If we do perfect intercourse on 14 Aug 2016 (her periods end on 7 Aug) Then her next periods are missed on 7sept 2016 or 7 oct 2016?
Can someone let me know complete precautions that someone needs to take to avoid pregnancy? Is condom the only way? Me and my partner had unprotected sex for dew times now. Is there anything that she needs to worry about it take some pills? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I had my treatment started for this month. Starting with clomid on cycle day 3, and from day 7th, 8th and 9th I am getting gonadotropin injections (Humog Hp 150iu), upon asking my specialist also has given MHR tablet (Folic acid 5 MG Methylcobalamin 1500 MCG Pyridoxine 20 MG). She also prescribed progynova tablets daily night. Should I do anything more to make this IUI successful. Please suggest this is my 2nd IUI.
Spinal cord is a very important part of your body as it renders support to your body. It also gives your body a good posture and thus maintaining a healthy spine is very essential. An unfit spinal cord can lead to various complicated problems.
The following are 5 must do exercises in order to maintain a healthy spine:
- Exercising your core muscles can help you to maintain a fit spine. Your core muscles refer to the muscles of your lower back and your abdominal muscles. These muscles give support to your spine. So exercising them can give you a healthy spine.
- Walking regularly can also give you a healthy spine. It is suitable for people of all age groups. Daily walking can help you to recover from various spinal illnesses as well such as spinal stenosis.
- Swimming is also a good exercise for maintaing a fit spinal cord. Swimming helps to exercise all back muscles and thus, gives you a healthy spinal cord.
- Lying down straight with your face down on an even and firm surface for about twenty minutes can help you to get a healthy spine and also a good body posture.
- Cycling can also help you achieve a healthy spine. While cycling, all your back muscles and the muscles of the lower part of your body are engaged in physical activity. If the muscles of your lower back are strong, then it can help you to keep your spine fit.
Other than these exercises, stretching your limbs and other stretching exercises are also beneficial for a healthy spine. But it is highly recommended for you to consult a doctor before doing any exercise in order to be guided in the proper manner and avoid further complications.
My sister suffering form periods problem with more bleeding in every month and it will be for 15 days in month also her periods irregular kindly advice is this is normal in ladies? And please advice wt need to be done. To control high bleeding every month She is not married Thanking you.
i am geeting rashed near vagania very frequently.it is itchy ,red and swalling some time watery also.please suggest some permanent solution
Detoxification is a process which helps in cleansing toxins. The toxins which are ingested may give rise to health problems such as insomnia, body aches, fatigue, distraction, and depression. If the chemicals present in your system are unwanted and affecting your well-being then you can opt for cleansing the toxins from your body by following a detox diet. Here are 5 things you need to know before you embark on a detox diet:
1. Not all healthy foods help in detoxification - All foods that help in detoxification are healthy but the reverse is not true. You need to have sound knowledge about anabolic and catabolic food before you start the process of detoxification. Anabolic foods belong to the 'body builder' variant, rich in protein and fat. Chicken breasts, eggs, and fish though otherwise fine to eat should be avoided during detoxification. Catabolic foods help in breaking down toxins in your body. This includes vegetables, fruits, and other complex carbohydrates.
2. You may have a bit of sickening feeling initially - Some people experience sickness when they start a detox diet. Cravings for usual food, nausea and headache can distract you for a while. But if you aim to eliminate the toxic substances from your body you need to have patience. Getting an adequate amount of rest and drinking filtered water and plenty of herbal tea can help you reduce the symptoms experienced. Gradually you will feel stable and energized.
3. Do not opt for a detox diet when you are sick - If your immune system is weak due to sickness then hold off the plan of switching to a detox diet until you regain the lost strength to prevent adverse effects. If you are sick then strengthen your body by eating a well-balanced diet, rich in protein and fat. Also, eat fruits and nutrient-dense vegetables. When you recover completely and feel healthy you can opt for a detox diet.
4. You will be back to putting on weight - A good and proper detox diet can eventually result in permanent weight loss and increased metabolism. However, if you start gulping down foods rich in protein and fat, you are bound to put on weight. This will not be a matter of concern if maintained up to a certain extent since the liver helps in opening up pathways to metabolize fat. But if you persistently splurge on cookies, pizza and beer then all the benefits of detoxification will get reversed.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Please told me the safe age (total week ) of baby child through IVF for operation for baby and also told that it is necessary that the patient food processing not working well in this process of IVF at the age of 42 years.
My wife next mensuration will start on around 9 december. I.e 9 -14 dec. .what is the best date to get her pregnant.in this month and next month also. Pls! Mention the date range.
I have PCOD problem. I am taking Ayurveda medicines for that. But I'm noticing excess fat in my body increasing day by day. Mainly I can notice that in my arms, thigh and legs. Will this be permanent or can I do anything to reduce the fat. Please suggest me what to do. I am worried a lot. Thanks in advance.
Before marriage a girl already sex with a boy, then wht type of exercise they get back her virginity.
Respected Doctors I have pcod nd I was on birth control pills and metformin for 3 months. In this month I drop birth control pills and continue with metformin nd clomid 100 mg. On 7th day of my cycle ultrasound was done, which showed small folic on both ovaries with et 5.8 mm. I want to know weather size is very small . What should be idle size on day 7. And what are my chances of conceiving with this. please help.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder affecting the joints, symmetrically (usually). The joints become swollen, red, hot, painful & tender. The joint movement becomes limited due to pain & swelling
It starts with inflammation of the synovial membrane but may involve the joint capsule and other surrounding soft tissues.
It is a self limiting disease. But by the time it leaves, the patient is crippled due to contractures & deformities.
Acute phase can be managed with medicines.
Commonly used medicines are ibuprofen/paracetamol/aspirin in therapeutic doses. They help to control symptoms of pain and swelling of the joints in most of the cases by their anti inflammatory properties. Fever is also controlled.
Vitamins, minerals, anti oxidents & other supportive medicines are also needed. Omega 3 fatty acids have a very definite role to play in improving the response to the treatment.
Physiotherapy helps in preventing contractures & deformities.
The patient should do general exercises & keep active.
He may have to be further investigated.
In established cases of rheumatoid arthritis dmard (disease modifying drugs) e. G. Methotrexate, hcq, leflunomide, saaz etc. Have to be used.
They all are toxic drugs & can cause bone marrow depression along with other side effects. They should be taken under medical supervision.
Sometimes steroids may have to used.
The dose of these medicines should be adjusted to the minimum required, to control the symptoms.
Blood, urine tests & other investigative procedures should be done periodically to rule out any side effects.
X rays of the affected part should be done to confirm diagnosis & assess the extent of damage.
Diabetes, vitamin d deficiency or any other metabolic disorder should be ruled out. Sometimes they mimic the symptoms & create confusion in diagnosis. Associated disorders like these, most certainly affect recovery adversely.
It should be ascertained that the patient is not allergic to any of the medicines that he is going to take.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic disorder that lasts over many years with acute exacerbation & remissions. The earning capacity of the family is adversely affected. The cost of medical treatment is high. If the patient needs surgery, it is further escalated. Most of the population in india is not covered by any medical insurance. All these factors put together create an atmosphere of depression in the family. Patient feels morally degraded & may even develop suicidal tendency.
In a situatation like this it becomes essential that a moral support is provided to the patient by his friends & relations. Treating doctor has a very definite role to play in keeping up the moral of patient.