Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit PatilYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old, I drive bike a lot, getting back and neck ache extremely. What can be done? I can't stop driving?
My mother is 50 years old & she is suffering from back pain and weak bones from long time and she also have deficiency of blood So please give best advice or treatment Thank you!
3 to 4 years back I got an injury. My Ankle ligament was pulled but still I face problem in running as I start running it feels that something got stuck on my Ankle like a string comes onto my Ankle which makes it difficult for me to run and my weight has also increased alot because of it. Kindly suggest me what should I do.
I am 64 years old female suffering acute lower back pain while doing office desk job. Night when in deep sleep get up with acute cramps in the lower legs. Have to literally stand on my feet for the spasm to release. At that time too I experience lower back pain. Kindly advise what to do? And why does this happen?
Hi doctor, the nerves around my calf for both the legs have been swollen a bit at three places and I'm getting problem while walking. It's not paining until and unless I walk or get a touch over there, there's a sensation of pain at the time of hurting. It's from one month I thought it's just normal but it's not getting cured from last 1 month. I've taken no medication. Help me with the problem. Thanks.
Osteoarthritis is a common disorder that affects the joints in the body. It is characterized by wear and tear of the cartilage present in the bones which lead to pain and mobility issues. The disorder mostly affects the joints in the hips, spine, knees and the hands. This disorder can’t be cured; the symptoms, however, can be managed.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis are progressive in nature and tend to worsen with time. You will experience pain in the affected joint, leading to limited mobility. Joint stiffness occurs when you wake up in the morning or when you have been inactive for a long period. You will also experience a grating-like sensation when the respective joint is being used.
This condition occurs when the protective cartilage around the bones tend to deteriorate. The function of the cartilage is to allow the joints to move without friction. In this disorder, the surface of the affected cartilage turns rough, ultimately resulting in complete damage. This leads to loss of the protective cushion of the bone, making the bone rub on other bones. There are certain factors that make you prone to osteoarthritis, some of them are:
Aging increases the risks of this disorder.
Women are more prone to this disorder as compared to men.
Obesity puts added stress on the joints.
It might be hereditary as well.
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that balances the different energies in the body to keep you healthy. Ayurveda believes in the fact that a disorder in the body occurs when there is an imbalance in the respective doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha. The idea is to get the doshas in order in order to get relief from the symptoms of this disorder. Osteoarthritis, or for that matter any disorder occurs due to the imbalance of the ‘Vata dosha’. The Ayurvedic treatments for this condition is Pachkarma therapy.
Panchakarma is the elimination of doshas from the body. It is one of the peculiarities of Ayurveda. Since according to Ayurveda, disease is the result of imbalance of doshas, when the increase of dosha is in a large quantity the best way to get cured faster is expelling the doshas out. These procedures (Karmas) are five (Pancha) and hence they are described as Panchakarma i.e. five procedures. These are to be performed not only by the patient for getting them cured but even by healthy persons for maintaining the health.
- Vamana: This is the elimination of doshas by the process of emesis. This is particularly useful for diseases arising from kapha and also from pitta. Diseases like chr. bronchitis, asthma, skin diseases, allergies, herpes, diabetes, sinusitis, osteoarthritis, hyperacidity are best dealt with this procedure. The best season for doing this procedure is ‘ Spring’ or even ‘Autumn’.
- Virechana: In this procedure, loose motions are produced to eliminate the doshas. This is very useful in diseases caused by pitta dosha e.g. Hyperacidity, herpes, gulma (Type of tumor) jaundice, osteoarthritis, anemia, skin diseases etc. The best season for this procedure is ‘autumn’.
- Basti: The procedure is important for the Vata dosha mainly, but can be used for Kapha and pitta and for all sorts of diseases also. In this procedure enema with herbal decoction, oil, honey and salt is given. Since it has a direct action over the large intestine, which is the main site of Vata dosha, it acts instantaneously. The procedure is especially useful for all kinds of diseases caused by Vata Dosha e.g. back ache, arthritis, osteoarthritis, dystrophies, multiple scherosis, muscle waisting etc. The best season for this procedure is the rainy season. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Whenever I travel in the bus/train/car for a prolonged time I get pain just above my knee on both legs. I am 64 years old male. I don't take any medicine for this. Kindly advice.
I am gutting legs pain at night I was unable to control the pain. It was being upto 3 to 4 am. So please give me precautions.
I have a back pain in last 2 months, I am 26 years old , have if got any relief. What should I do now?
Sir, I am 46 yrs old, weighing 67, 5-6'tall. Feeling obess, very tired, severe back ache, burning sensation in both foots, very disturbed for tiny things, get angry fast, weep fast, not interested in tv, computer or any, etc. Periods irregular, now 48 days over. No bp or sugar. Feel like getting less oxygen. Very tired, burning sensation. Please help me.
I am suffering from back pain permanently and whenever I run for a minute. That night I can not sleep perfectly my legs were paining much and another question is that my stomach is not working properly all the time sometimes food will digest too early and sometimes not so what should I do to maintain my health.
Normal uric acid levels are 2.4-6.0 mg/dl (female) and 3.4-7.0 mg/dl (male)
- Some diets that are rich in purine end up causing an increased production of uric acid. In other cases, it may be due to a completely sedentary lifestyle. Less intake of water also may be to blame in some cases as water plays an important role in washing out the excess of the uric acid. Regular usage of some medicines also cause the uric acid levels to rise. Another important factor is being overweight as obese people are much more likely to get gout as compared to those who have normal weight.
- It is a tragedy of the modern world that the superior advertising and marketing power of the allopathic system of medicine has eclipsed the good and genuine work of homeopathy. This is largely because homeopathic system of medicine cannot compete with the money power of allopathy. Just because allopathy does not have any cure for gout, patients tend to think that there is no cure for gout at all. People are not aware of the great work that homeopathy can do in the cure of gout. I cannot stress enough here that homeopathic medicines are pretty effective at curing the acute as well as the chronic gout.